Question 17

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Oh, look. Question 17 already.

Oops.

Well, I guess my Epics cased the joint, concluded that Astoria wasn't worth it, then made like drums and beat it. :P

In other news, I am considering rejoining once I get all this real-life crem sorted out. So we'll see. :)

Alright, now we're talking! :D

mail-mi, Winter... what would you two think about doing an Epic car chase? Well, a bus chase as it happens, but the principle's the same...

That may be awesome. :D 

I was planning on BusDriver going up to his usual outpost, because his cover story is a once-school bus driver that is selling scrap metal around outside the Dalles. So he goes up to his usual outpost (with the Epics hidden underneath the bus--it's a very special bus, there's a reason he keeps it with himself) and they let him go out. But a car chase is a fantastic idea. :D 

That may be awesome. :D

I was planning on BusDriver going up to his usual outpost, because his cover story is a once-school bus driver that is selling scrap metal around outside the Dalles. So he goes up to his usual outpost (with the Epics hidden underneath the bus--it's a very special bus, there's a reason he keeps it with himself) and they let him go out. But a car chase is a fantastic idea. :D

More like a flying-Epic/bus chase, but yeah. ;)

Alright. Current events necessitate an immediate City Guard reaction. I am going to post for Arsenal at the bare minimum as soon as possible--if everybody could hold off on posting just long enough for me to initiate the Epic car chase, that'd be great. I promise I won't keep you waiting for long. :ph34r:

"Gunshots fired behind him." 

Who was shooting from behind him? Or, who killed him out of Shatterblast/Platoon/Fritz/Mistwraith?

That should be "beside him." It's his other Guards firing a couple of rounds. I left it open for you to decide who gets to kill the Guards--you have a couple of people there who are more than capable of doing it.

Of course, if you need anything changed, just let me know and I'll get on it. I'm sick and exhausted right now, so my apologies if my prose hits an all-time low or just flat-out doesn't make any sense.

That should be "beside him." It's his other Guards firing a couple of rounds. I left it open for you to decide who gets to kill the Guards--you have a couple of people there who are more than capable of doing it.

Of course, if you need anything changed, just let me know and I'll get on it. I'm sick and exhausted right now, so my apologies if my prose hits an all-time low or just flat-out doesn't make any sense.

Okay, thanks. :)

No, it was aweomse. :D

It's really bugging me that I can't upload my pony, but the shard's file uploader isn't there. :angry:

I don't know why attachments don't work in this subforum, but they don't for some reason. We've asked a few admins about it, but it hasn't been fixed, so here's our workaround: 

1. ​Save the pony image file to your computer. 
  2. Go to http://www.dumpyourphoto.com, and upload the file. 
  3. Copy the image URL (can be done by right-clicking the image, and then choosing "Copy Image Address" from the list of options). 
  4. Paste the URL into the image box on this site. It'll be the icon that looks like a picture. 

Oh, look. Question 17 already.

Oops.

Well, I guess my Epics cased the joint, concluded that Astoria wasn't worth it, then made like drums and beat it. :P

In other news, I am considering rejoining once I get all this real-life crem sorted out. So we'll see. :)

Given that in usual fashion not much time has passed yet, they could simply be sleeping in. :P

Though, we'd be glad to have you back.

A bit of an unholy union, 10 and 7. Might want to tread carefully there. :mellow:

Well we were just planning the crazy cult adventures, so there would be something to do for two cutist. :ph34r:

Finally! Thank you!

Magnolia Pony

e8cb29842c70ea39e4097fcc5d337082.jpg

Nice pony, also I'm not gonna lie, that ponie looks as if it could do a good job of intimidating someone. :ph34r:

Did we ever decide on the state of Oregon outside of the cities?
Or about the outer suburbs of Portland?
Because Neverthere's new base is in Pine St, Lake Oswego which I thought was still inside the city but apparently it is not.  :wacko: 
So yeah, thoughts?

Edited by Voidus

Did we ever decide on the state of Oregon outside of the cities?

Or about the outer suburbs of Portland?

Because Neverthere's new base is in Pine St, Lake Oswego which I thought was still inside the city but apparently it is not.  :wacko: 

So yeah, thoughts?

For the space actually between the bigger cities, I'd say we need some proper wasteland and given there's already a good amount of forest area and stuff between Portland's actual border and Lake Oswego, I'd say it might already be in the zone of collateral damage.

Well in Newcago, it implied that the whole population moved inwards into the city centre, and that the Great Transfersion only affected the central part of the city as opposed to the suburbs (David mentions at one point that Steelheart had scavenging teams scour the suburbs for non-steel clothes).

In Portland though, I'm not sure what reason there would be for people to move inwards. Probably more a reason to move outwards to escape the Epic fights. 

And if we are referring to the areas between the cities as wasteland, we need to ask ourselves, how did it become a wasteland?

Did Epics literally blow up every bit of wilderness in between cities? 

Although deforestation in the areas around Portland and non-electrified cities makes sense because of the need for firewood, though.

I'd guess it would become wasteland for the same reason the space between Newcago and Babilar mostly became wasteland, which I'm not sure if said reason was ever fully established but the Epics rampaging in those areas without stronger Epics to subdue them and limited trade routs, probably had a good deal to do with it.

Fair enough.

I imagine there would be lots of abandoned towns and settlements. Either people dying out, or moving to the better cities like Corvallis, Salem or Astoria. Probably smaller towns ruled by single lesser Epics. Scavenging groups and families of vanillas, moving about, trying to avoid Epics and other humans, trying to survive.

Fair enough.

I imagine there would be lots of abandoned towns and settlements. Either people dying out, or moving to the better cities like Corvallis, Salem or Astoria. Probably smaller towns ruled by single lesser Epics. Scavenging groups and families of vanillas, moving about, trying to avoid Epics and other humans, trying to survive.

Sounds good to me... well apart from it being a terrible world to live in but you probably get the point. :P

Here are some arenas for Salem.

The Coin: A 10m diameter 20cm thick iron disc(other material with lady deathskul) which has the center of gravity at its center and spins along its x axis. Contestants start in the middle on opposing sides of the coin. The spectators are in a ring that spins with the coin.

Castle: A large castle with 8 stories on an incredibly high cliff with nothingness all around the cliff. The contestants start on top of the highest roof. The spectators are on floating platforms that descend along with the contestants.

Sandfall: The arena is covered in sand and equipment may pop out of the ground randomly. During the match sand falls from above creating piles of sand. The contestants start facing one another. The spectators are placed surounding the arena.

By the way Soulcaster gave Alex and Moldy endurance and strength and removed Moldys transfusion ability. So could he possibly give all the spectators flying, invisibility and incorporebality?

Essentially having them watch in ghost mode? I'm not Voidus but that should be doable.

By the way Soulcaster gave Alex and Moldy endurance and strength and removed Moldys transfusion ability. So could he possibly give all the spectators flying, invisibility and incorporebality?

Yup, he frequently does things like that, particularly in matches where they otherwise wouldn't get a great view like mazes and such.