Question 17

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Two questions: How do I join, and which RP thread would be in need of a character that looks and acts exactly like me in real life? :ph34r:

Welcome! :)

Portland and The Dalles are both accepting non-Epic characters, so for someone who looks and acts exactly like you in real life, I'd recommend one of those. Just post your character profile here (check the Epics of Oregon thread if you need to get an idea of the format) so other players can give feedback.

Dumb question: I kinda want to get into this but I haven't yet read any of the Reckoners books (I WILL DON'T HURT ME)! I'm assuming I should read those before getting in on the action? Also, can someone give me a simple explanation on what an RP exactly is?

Dumb question: I kinda want to get into this but I haven't yet read any of the Reckoners books (I WILL DON'T HURT ME)! I'm assuming I should read those before getting in on the action? Also, can someone give me a simple explanation on what an RP exactly is?

You'll definitely need to read the Reckoners books first, partly because this forum is a spoiler minefield, and partly because it'll help you understand the world.

There are many types of RPs, but this one is a free-form RP, meaning it's more like a collaborative fanfic. Each player creates one or more characters and writes for them as the interact with other characters and the world.

3 new RPers in as many minutes?  :o 
We're going to need new threads at this rate.

New Streetwise/MV posts up, still trying to find Streetwise's character since Jo didn't give him many viewpoints, but I'll work it out.

Profile? I guess?:

Name: Magnolia Susanna Harpist

Epic Status: Not an epic.

Personality:

- Short Temper

- Sarcastic

- tries to be nice, but has problems with controlling her voice tone, and sometimes ends up sounding mean.

- claustrophobic

- is sometimes witty, but has to think for a while to come up with stuff to say.

- wishes she had time to read.

Pony:

I'm on mobile right now, so I can't make one, but it's coming soon!

Profile? I guess?:

Personality:

- Short Temper

- Sarcastic

- tries to be nice, but has problems with controlling her voice tone, and sometimes ends up sounding mean.

- claustrophobic

- is sometimes witty, but has to think for a while to come up with stuff to say.

Pony:

Nice! My first question is how has her sarcastic streak factored into her interactions with Epics?

Profile? I guess?:

Personality:

- Short Temper

- Sarcastic

- claustrophobic

Pony:

Sounds like a relative of Autumn's :P

"Hi I'm Magnolia Harpist, not an Epic."

Comments, Twi?

If that's not viable, then I like the idea of RPing a Dalles City Guard operative sent to Portland (and possibly other cities, later in the RP) in order to assess potential Epic threats to the Dalles.

You'll need to ask Kobold so far as specifics go, but it seems to me like the opposite would happen once Lightwards took control. The toys don't affect his zombie limit, because they didn't have consciousness to override, and even if they did, Lightwards' power overcomes the victim's personality. So having his powers make a toy grow a personality seems a little farfetched.

Sorry to show my complete lack of knowledge on the subject, but I do have a few more questions:

1. I've noticed a ton of "What Happened In Enter City Name". I'm assuming these are the different RP. Do characters and events from these crossover, do I need to look through them all?

2. Despite the fact that I have yet to read Reckoners, I've noticed that many of the characters have superpowers. Would my characters powers have to be unique, or could they be the same as some of the other characters? 

3. How do I know when it is my turn to write part of the story?

Sorry if these are some dumb questions. I do look forward to joining the craziness that this seems to be. Unfortunately, I won't be able to pick these books up until I get home for Thanksgiving Break in about a week. But I'll see you guys then! 

Edited by patar365

Sorry to show my complete lack of knowledge on the subject, but I do have a few more questions:

1. I've noticed a ton of "What Happened In Enter City Name". I'm assuming these are the different RP. Do characters and events from these crossover, do I need to look through them all?

2. Despite the fact that I have yet to read Reckoners, I've noticed that many of the characters have superpowers. Would my characters powers have to be unique, or could they be the same as some of the other characters? 

Sorry if these are some dumb questions. I do look forward to joining the craziness that this seems to be. Unfortunately, I won't be able to pick these books up until I get home for Thanksgiving Break in about a week. But I'll see you guys than! 

1- There's some crossover but not alot, mostly between the Dalles and portland so no you don't need to read all threads though you can if you want, they're all pretty awesome. :P

2- No non-unique powers are fine, in fact we probably need more of them. But if you're ever stuck for ideas I have a massive list of ideas here.

3- People will generally tell you if they really need you to write but otherwise it'll be pretty obvious, someones character will ask your character a question or do something that your character needs to respond to.

Sorry if these are some dumb questions. I do look forward to joining the craziness that this seems to be. Unfortunately, I won't be able to pick these books up until I get home for Thanksgiving Break in about a week. But I'll see you guys than! 

1. Sometimes. We currently have two characters who started in Portland, then went to The Dalles to gather information, who are returning to Portland. One of my characters lived in The Dalles before moving to Portland, and one Portland character is on her way to Astoria, but for the most part, characters stay in their own threads. This isn't to say it's not allowed, because it is; the trend is just that characters who start in one thread stay in that thread. 

2. Repeat powers are allowed, but I'd recommend putting your own spin on them. 

3. If your character is interacting with another player's character, you'll know it's your turn when the other player has gone and it's up to your character to move the conversation forward. If your character isn't in the middle of a conversation, we tend to play it by ear. There's usually a lot of talk in the Question threads about "Hey, do you want your character to interact with my character?" "Sure, how can we make that work?" so if there's not much for your character to do at the moment, just say so. :) 

Love that trope.

Is Quicksilver really a new villain though, he was around longer than the pandas, who only showed up yesterday :P

Depends how you look at it, lore wise he's been there longer but his effects on the actual story have been close to nil.

Well, let's look at this logically. Would you put money on a group of pandas armed with spears and bows, or epics with high level explosives and fully automated weapons?

Plus, Blackhoof is right, Quicksilver has been around much longer. He destroyed a command post before the Panda ever showed up.

Well, we're talking about what 5 Epics? non of which is an high Epic going up against an entire army with weaponary that in medival times was already capable of punching through plate mail and are lead by an Epic that in a rested state (which he obviously is right now) can create enough biological material to drop a small forest on their heads, so I wouldn't put Quicksilver's chances that high.

Two questions: How do I join, and which RP thread would be in need of a character that looks and acts exactly like me in real life? :ph34r:

Does that mean the character will be a the one that's actually batman? :ph34r: Also did you guys make a kind  of RP pact or is this coincidence?

Oh, no. What I meant was have the development arc be as Batman planned to assassinate Lightwards. He would kill him as a self-aware toy, albeit still following orders. Trust me, I've nerded out enough about Lightwards in a PM with Kobold to understand his abilities. :P

I think it'd be rather fun to RP as a Warrior of Light, after Batman is resurrected as a nearly mindless extension of Lightwards' will.

Assuming that Kobold and you are OK with that, that's how I'd like things to go.

Also, I noticed that Parity isn't exactly doing anything, since Tulir has disappeared of the face of the Shard. If we want a badchull assassination scene culminating in the previously mentioned quote, I think that Batman could eliminate him after being noticed while grappling into the museum. It is night, so perhaps Parity could be taking a stroll along the museum's edge? I might be overreaching in an effort to snip a loose end that's been bugging me, but I kind of like the idea.

All just ideas, of course. Thanks for your input and support. :D

And do you have any comments on the Dalles operative idea?

On the Parity thing, Dividing up Jo's characters made me realize again that the other two factions has a good deal more mid to low level Epics that are more NPC than anything than the empire, so I don't think those should just be killed off. Now, if someone is interested in adopting Parity, that's another thing entirely.

Well, we're talking about what 5 Epics? non of which is an high Epic going up against an entire army with weaponary that in medival times was already capable of punching through plate mail and are lead by an Epic that in a rested state (which he obviously is right now) can create enough biological material to drop a small forest on their heads, so I wouldn't put Quicksilver's chances that high.

Hmm, I might qualify Shatterblast as a high epic. And Event Horizon and Reflection will join them if things get out of control.

And if need be, Quicksilver might offer some remote help.

Profile? I guess?:

Personality:

- Short Temper

- Sarcastic

- claustrophobic

Pony:

Ok. Stop. You did NOT JUST MAKE A CHARACTER THAT HAS THE EXACT SAME PERSONALITY AS ME IN REAL LIFE STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT I DON'T LIKE THIS

Okay, here goes. Person. Thing. Profile. I'm basing her off of me (well, kind of) like Honor Spren.

Name: Clover Iris Woods

Personality:

• Stubborn as an old burrito (it was "the odd burro", but I misread it while proofreading and "old burrito" is much more interesting)
  • Practical, not one to stand around when she can do something
  • Does not like mornings unless she can sarcastically sing "Here comes the sun, and I say... CALAMITY!"
  • Not good with people (well, until she gets to know them better and they get to know her) but wants to like them
  • Inquisitive
  • Loves heights, hates being out on water

Random Other Information:

• Has terrible eyesight and really needs her glasses
  • Randomly bursts into song

Ponified:

786da8b816fbfa08d83be07363ec96dd.png

Okay, here goes. Person. Thing. Profile. I'm basing her off of me (well, kind of) like Honor Spren.

Personality:

• Stubborn as an old burrito (it was "the odd burro", but I misread it while proofreading and "old burrito" is much more interesting)
  • Does not like mornings unless she can sarcastically sing "Here comes the sun, and I say... CALAMITY!"
  • Not good with people (well, until she gets to know them better and they get to know her) but wants to like them
  • Inquisitive

Ponified:

Is this the birth of a new vanilla trifecta? :ph34r: Anyway, any idea where in the RP she would be living?

Voidus and Kobold, Nghthound is going to head to the ground soon, so if you want a ride up there's always meeting him, ya know? :ph34r:

So my computer, being weird, does not want to load the general zoi pony maker as i am trying to ponify Superiority and Dissonance (my wastelands characters. Can anyone give me a link, or do them up for me? Here's the info

Sup- Medium height, slightly muscled, grey eyes, sandy, swept-to-the-side hair. Tanned

Dis- Short, nimble, piercing blue eyes, wavy brown hair, fairly pale. 

Personality:

• Inquisitive

Ponified:

Profile? I guess?:

Personality:

- Short Temper

- Sarcastic

- claustrophobic

Pony:

So now we have two new additions to Autumn's 'not an Epic' family.

Their Epic versions follow

Iriswoods

Primary Power:

Can send her spirit into any plant-life within a 10km radius, allowing her to see what is happening around the tree she projects into.

Secondary Power: Disorientation- can manipulate peoples sense of direction, causing them to wander endlessly in circles.

Tertiary power: Mist production, can cause a deep mist or fog to descend upon her forest.

Magnoliaharpist

Primary power: Serenity manifestation- creates a spreading area of flower and grass-carpeted ground, this is usually accompanied by soft harp music.

Secondary power: Botanokinesis- can manipulate the flowers growth, causing them to produce a variety of pollens which can produce effects ranging from a mild sedative to a drug-induced coma to straight up poisoning people.

So now we have two new additions to Autumn's 'not an Epic' family.

Their Epic versions follow

Iriswoods

Primary Power:

Can send her spirit into any plant-life within a 10km radius, allowing her to see what is happening around the tree she projects into.

Secondary Power: Disorientation- can manipulate peoples sense of direction, causing them to wander endlessly in circles.

Tertiary power: Mist production, can cause a deep mist or fog to descend upon her forest.

Magnoliaharpist

Primary power: Serenity manifestation- creates a spreading area of flower and grass-carpeted ground, this is usually accompanied by soft harp music.

Secondary power: Botanokinesis- can manipulate the flowers growth, causing them to produce a variety of pollens which can produce effects ranging from a mild sedative to a drug-induced coma to straight up poisoning people.

It is a well known fact that in the Reckonerverse people picked up on the fact that supervillains such as Victor von Doom are born with their obviously evil names, this lead them to givinh their children such names, in the hopes that they wouldn't reject their old lifes upon becoming Epics and spare them. :P

So Voidus, what about that possible meet up with a Nighthound heading down to the ground?

It is a well known fact that in the Reckonerverse people picked up on the fact that supervillains such as Victor von Doom are born with their obviously evil names, this lead them to givinh their children such names, in the hopes that they wouldn't reject their old lifes upon becoming Epics and spare them. :P

So Voidus, what about that possible meet up with a Nighthound heading down to the ground?

As MVs writer I should probably say definitely, definitely not, but as someone who likes to keep it moving forwards I'll say it has my approval.  :ph34r: