Lets talk about Jurassic World. What was your opinion on the movie?

I thought it was really good. The ending was a bit contrived, but it was still good.

I thought it was good. Compared to Jurassic Park 3 it was a masterpiece. Haha

I really liked the callbacks to the original movie in it, particularly the scene where they found the original vehicles of the park. But my biggest gripe with the movie (and I know this might sound like nitpicking) was that I thought a strong part of the first (and even Lost World) was that there was a sense of fear for the characters. There was no "raptors in the bushes" scene or the first T-Rex scene that generally scares you, thinking that these human characters were in danger.

Yay!

So while searching for trends to buck, I learned that the newest fad celebrities are trying to start is sleeves that cover your hands. Am I the only one getting serious Stormlight vibes?

You are not alone.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the newest conspiracy theory:

Kim Kardashian is a Sanderfan!

Edited by Venture Mistborn

I don't know what was more funny, the story itself or the excellent Kramer gif usage. Lol yeah I would be terrified if my German teacher had done that to me in HS.

Mine did that to me! Every week! And she'd do it to me right in front of the door of another German-speaking prof so if I didn't quickly deal with the conversation and satisfy her, I'd have another Muttersprachler coming out to join the fracas! o.O

In America, college is after High School, which is grades 9-12. Where do you live?

Singapore. You go to junior college or a polytechnic, depending, but my route was through junior college, which is supposed to cover ages 17-18, before you go to university. At the end of junior college, you sit for your GCE A levels, and based on your A level grades, you apply to a university. If you're male, you then do two years of compulsory military service (before university) unless you're exempted, as I was.

Edit: A slight analogy to our streaming system might be like the German Hauptschule - Realschule - Gymnasium system.

Edited by Kasimir

Mine did that to me! Every week! And she'd do it to me right in front of the door of another German-speaking prof so if I didn't quickly deal with the conversation and satisfy her, I'd have another Muttersprachler coming out to join the fracas! o.O

He did that to me too! Once he didn't catch me at lunch so as I was walking into his room he caught me and brought in another Spanish teacher.

So when I moved and I saw an oral exam that had been a week or so before and the requirements for it, I nearly laughed. That's a test? I did that every day at lunchtime. And with heart palpitations, too.

I now have a companion. I got a kitten named Maddie. She is gray.

Aww. :wub: Pets are nice. I don't have one now, though.

Maddie the kitten. I like it. :)

I've been talking to myself so much lately that I had an entire conversation with myself as to how it probably isn't healthy.

The worst is when you have a conversation with an imaginary person in your head, and make the corresponding facial emotions and hand gestures. I always get the strangest looks when I'm just sitting there and waving my hands and rolling my eyes at Kaladin.

I thought I was the only one who did that. :mellow: