Well, here we are. The Lonely Chatterboxes Club. It's not exclusive. There aren't any fancy requirements. It's just here in case you're lonely and need someplace to talk about something.

I know it can't take the place of a friend or a sibling or a stuffed animal named Joe, but it's something, and it's a way to know there's people willing to listen to you.

Besides, Twi has said in the Bad Day thread she'll spam this thread with pugs if it's started, so there's that.  :ph34r:

Come for people who will listen. Come for a place to say that thing you really wanted to say but had no one to tell it to. Come for a place where we can be lonely together. And most of all, come for pug pictures.

Lonely Chatterboxes unite!

Just to clarify (not attacking or anything, this is a fantastic idea), what sets this apart from the Random Stuff, Good Day, and Bad Day threads?

It's different because it's more of a community. It's not because you're having a bad day, or a good day, or because you've got something random to say, it's because you need to talk to people. It's like a support group for lonely people. It's more supportive and more of for a certain demographic (hence the guildy thing). Also, it's more of a response thing. Sure, you can post things in Random Stuff and Good and Bad Day threads, but a lot of the time people won't respond. They'll upvote, which is nice, but doesn't provide human interaction.

Good question, in any case. ;)

Can I spam pugs too?
Of course. :)

Edited by Mistrunner

Tolkien! Lord of the Rings! Yay! Have you seen the movies?

Of course I've seen the movies! Not for a while, though. I'm more into memorizing random poems from the books, as I'm sure I've mentioned before. Also the first few pages of Chapter 1, just for fun.

Also, my church is celebrating its elevnty-first birthday, and I'm so excited and no one else is.

EDIT: Also. Twi. What.

Edited by Elbereth

Yay lonely friends! 

This is completely relevant. :ph34r:

This might be the greatest video I've seen all week. Lol!

Ah, Lord of the Rings. The books are hit or miss for me, I find Tolkien's writing to be tedious at times but I really liked the Aragorn storyline throughout all 3 books, wasn't a big Frodo/Sam fan. I love the movies, probably my favorite movie series of all time. Extended editions are the way to go!

This is completely relevant. :ph34r:

Reminds me of a thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Co7er4Vukhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Co7er4Vuk

Of course I've seen the movies! Not for a while, though. I'm more into memorizing random poems from the books, as I'm sure I've mentioned before. Also the first few pages of Chapter 1, just for fun.

Also, my church is celebrating its elevnty-first birthday, and I'm so excited and no one else is.

EDIT: Also. Twi. What.

Nice. I really loved the poems from Lord of the Rings. They're fabulous.

Yay lonely friends! 

This might be the greatest video I've seen all week. Lol!

Ah, Lord of the Rings. The books are hit or miss for me, I find Tolkien's writing to be tedious at times but I really liked the Aragorn storyline throughout all 3 books, wasn't a big Frodo/Sam fan. I love the movies, probably my favorite movie series of all time. Extended editions are the way to go!

Tolkien's writing is pretty slow, yeah. It's kinda hard to get into his stuff. But it is really good once you do.

The movies are the best. Two Towers might be my favorite movie. Well, at least for the genre.

Tolkien's writing is pretty slow, yeah. It's kinda hard to get into his stuff. But it is really good once you do.

The movies are the best. Two Towers might be my favorite movie. Well, at least for the genre.

I have read the trilogy, Silmarillion and Hobbit, which I loved from a story standpoint. I always felt that Tolkien's worldbuilding was exceptional but his style just doesn't work for me.

Two Towers was awesome, but Fellowship stands as my favorite. Probably the slowest but there were so many perfect scenes in that film. The entire Moria sequence is my favorite in the trilogy. And of course, Boromir and his death punched me right in the feels, was so well done. Dang it now I am in the mood for a rewatch! Haha

I have read the trilogy, Silmarillion and Hobbit, which I loved from a story standpoint. I always felt that Tolkien's worldbuilding was exceptional but his style just doesn't work for me.

Two Towers was awesome, but Fellowship stands as my favorite. Probably the slowest but there were so many perfect scenes in that film. The entire Moria sequence is my favorite in the trilogy. And of course, Boromir and his death punched me right in the feels, was so well done. Dang it now I am in the mood for a rewatch! Haha

I'd started rewatching the trilogy but then school happened, and "free time" became a fanciful tale. Maybe we could convince everyone to do it for the Shard's movie night.

Anyone feel like talking style trends? I've been scouring the internet, trying to figure out what to avoid. :ph34r::P

I'm just glad the brightly-colored pants are going away. I am not one to follow fashion trends. :P

That's the thing. His style does work for me. I guess I just like archaic language and such. That's partly why I liked the Silmarillion even more.

But I understand that most people don't feel that way, so I tend to stay queit about my obsession.

EDIT: Another part of the reason I liked it is because of how much it expands LotR. For example, until you read the Silmarillion, you don't realize how awesome Galadriel is, and why she's awesome. She's the only person in Middle Earth (with the exception of the wizards, who don't count because they're minor gods) to have seen the light of the Two Trees in Valinor, which were the things that preceded the Sun and the Moon. It's interesting that in Tolkien's mythology, the Sun and Moon are only second best, unlike most myths. Anyway, Galadriel's even more awesome.

Edited by Elbereth

Having read both Lewis and Tolkien's fantasies, I find the contrast between how they write songs rather funny. Tolkien would write lengthy songs and share every verse, including who sang what and how. When it came time for Lewis' characters to sing, he just wrote, "And they sang the song which has the refrain, Ho, rumble rumble, rumble drums belabored.

Rowling is kind of a balance between the two where songs are concerned. :lol: 

Yay! There's a subject I've been wanting to talk about for a while.

Vultures.

Yes, vultures.

Can I just take a minute to say how underrated vultures are?

Vultures are a super cool bird, but end up having a bad reputation, just for eating dead animals! But look at this vulture here:

BlackVulture-Vyn-11921-NScan.jpg

Vultures aren't gross! Vultures are beautiful and majestic birds that are needed desperately in our ecosystems!

Edited by The Honor Spren

I always thought it was cool when driving through northern Arizona and you can see vultures circling in the air. You know something is dead out there! Probably a cow. Haha

On a different note, I had no idea that if you ordered a book from Amazon, they would give you the eBook at a discount! I bought WoR again since my copy has seen better days plus the retconned ending that I didn't have, so spending only 3 bucks was pretty nice. 

Vultures are really cool because they eat dead animals. I mean someone needs to take care of the corpses. They are like natures undertakers.

I wonder if nature has a society of undertakers... I wonder if worms and vultures are allied, or rivals, or maybe straight up enemies...