Young Bard

I'm not sure whether this should go in the Creator's Corner or Role-Playing, as I haven't got firmly established rules yet, but I'll just roll with it anyway.

Basically, this is like a regular RP, with one twist. The entire thing is being told in memes. They can be whatever memes you like, even *shudder* MLP memes, and I really have no idea what else to say. I'm not going to bog this down with rules, as I don't want to destroy the spirit of the project. So, I'll start with 3 base rules, and I can add more if necessary.

The 3 Laws of The Young Bard (a.k.a. The Rules):

1. The project is meme-ing with a side of writing, not the other way around. It's OK to have:

[Character's name], at [place], before/during/after/around/on [event/time/date].

[insert meme here]

It's not OK to have.

[6000 word introduction]

[meme]

[3000 word denouement]

You get the picture  ;).

2. Spoiler tag your posts. It just helps not to have pages that are 10000 miles long. Pretty simple.

3. You be respectful, considerate and generally aware of the other people on the project. I mean, it might be fun to have a post in which you kill off the cast, but that leaves them without a character to RP. Sort of a softer version of... this (Rules 2, 3, 5, & 9, specifically). Twilyght is better at saying it than I am.

Now to the fun part. The worldbuilding and actual in-world goodies. Here's everything I've planned out so far.

Absolutely nothing.

Is that all clear? Let's go!

Other paraphernalia:

Here is a link to imgflip Meme Maker, the official Bard-authorized meme maker.

Other stuff to be placed in here as necessary.

Edited by TheYoungBard

Sorry for the double post, but I felt like the actual start of the world should go in a separate thread:

Jurlion, constabulary officer, is walking through the city streets.

tt1fu.jpg

u4dru.jpg

tt1no.jpg

Just a note: I know this leaves a lot of room for interpretation. But clarifying too much with text sort of defeats the point, so try and rely on future posters to fill in the blanks. This will obviously leave us with a lot of unfinished arcs, but never mind them.

Edited by TheYoungBard

I've sent a PM to Kobold. So far he hasn't responded. I'm just going to start tinkering around with it and see what works.

Oh darn! I got a lot of PMs that day and I got mixed up about which ones I'd answered and which ones I hadn't. :mellow:

Try saving the picture and uploading it to dumpyourphoto.com or imgur.com. They're both good image hosts and are easily hotlinked to the 17th Shard.