My Recently Discovered Brandon Fandomship

Phoenix373

I admit it, I was first introduced to Brandon through WoT.  I read Mistborn first then Elantris and finally Warbreaker when it was released.  All of them have exhibited such amazing writing skills that Brandon was automatically catapulted to my list of top authors.  When Way of Kings was announced, I was so excited.  Up to now Jordan has been the only man that I feel has nearly perfectly achieved creating an enormous fantasy series that I love but if anyone else could do it Brandon could.

I am 20 years old, a student at Utah Valley University (though I will graduate this semester and move on to bigger and hopefully better things), and an avid fantasy reader since I first picked up my first fantasy chapter book, The Lost Years of Merlin, as a young child.  I do dabble in writing, but I don't take it seriously and have not taken any classes on the subject.  But it's fun and sometimes makes me feel like I am closer to the authors I love so much.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here and becoming even more entrenched in the worlds of Brandon Sanderson!

Welcome! I was introduced to Brandon's works in the same way you were, actually. I read that he was going to be finishing Wheel of Time, so I went on his website to read his sample chapters. From there I purchased Elantris and Mistborn, and went on to read the rest of his works currently out.

And the rest, as they say, is history.  :D Anyways, welcome! It's good to have you here!

A WoT convert!  Awesome!  So how would you say he measures up against RJ?  I'd understand if you like RJ more, I just like to get a feel for people and this seems like a good question for that.

I've never read WoT, but my first hearing about Brandon came from that direction.  I'd never heard of WoT and this guy was telling me about how RJ had died on them and someone else was finishing it.  I'm not sure if he mentioned Brandon by name, but that was my first brush with destiny, so to speak.

Glad to have you here!

• Chaos locked this topic