Indiana Jones

WayneSpren

As a lot of you probably know, Disney is planning an Indiana Jones reboot. If anyone wants to discuss the reboot, their favorite movies in the franchise, or their favorite characters, this is the place.

Just throwing it out there, The Last Crusade is totally the best Indy movie. Just sayin'. :P

This isn't okay. Did they not learn from the fourth movie that does not exist?! Why not make something with the same feel, but not actually Jones?

cause people are still going to pay to see it. they learned that lesson pretty well, considering that the movie that did not exhist earned almost 800 million dollars.

I hate what money did to the entertainment industry. Even acknowledging that said industry would not exhist without money.

Wait, are they remaking the old ones or making new ones?

Most rumors say the former. 

I myself would prefer a remake, as we don't need Indy to be old again. 

I was also wondering which movie people prefer. My list is here:

1. The Last Crusade

2. Raiders of the Lost Ark

3. Temple of Doom

4. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

If I can get a poll up, I will.

Edited by WayneSpren

Most rumors say the former. 

I myself would prefer a remake, as we don't need Indy to be old again. 

I was also wondering which movie people prefer. My list is here:

1. The Last Crusade

2. Raiders of the Lost Ark

3. Temple of Doom

4. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

If I can get a poll up, I will.

Order seconded.  Motion passes.  This is the official List of Order of Quality.

I personally preferred Raiders over Crusade, but otherwise no argument here.

I prefer Crusade because 

1: It has (in my opinion) a better story

2: It has the best fight scene of all time that doesn't include lightsabers

3: Indy and his Dad have really good father-son chemistry and generally have funny lines

4: The cross of coranado sequence shows Indy getting captured and punched in the face establishes he's a badchull, but not invincible. I feel the other movies don't really convey this fact.

5. We get to see characters from earlier movies, like Sallah.

And lastly, Harrison Ford. Which is the best part of any Indy movie.

1. I agree

2. Raiders had a 40 minute action sequence. Literally 40 minutes straight. Never been done, until Star Wars Episode III anyways, and potentially Kill Bill Vol. 1 (how long is the Crazy 88 scene?)

3. Agreed

4. Indy is far from invincible in Raiders, including the whole getting injured which leads to the romance scene.

5. Your characters from earlier movies are originally from Raiders  :P

1. I agree

2. Raiders had a 40 minute action sequence. Literally 40 minutes straight. Never been done, until Star Wars Episode III anyways, and potentially Kill Bill Vol. 1 (how long is the Crazy 88 scene?)

3. Agreed

4. Indy is far from invincible in Raiders, including the whole getting injured which leads to the romance scene.

5. Your characters from earlier movies are originally from Raiders  :P

2. What scene? Is it the chasing-down-the-ark-in-trucks-scene?

4. You're right

5. Just because I make an argument that one movie is better than the other because it uses stuff from the latter doesn't mean my argument isn't viable. :P

I bought a ward against logic from a traveling merchant. It lets me add two and two and get a pickle.

Raiders is my favorite, favorite, favorite movie of all time; Lost Crusade is one of the 4 that I cannot decide a heirarchy for as #s 2-5. However, I could totally see why it could someone's favorite. IMO the weakest one was Temple of Doom - just too silly and childish, and the female lead was (again, just my opinion) lame, expecially compared with Marian. I really appreciated how they brought Marian back for Crystal Skull, and how she was still a strong character (i.e., "badchull" - love that term!) as an older woman. Reminds me of Jasnah, except for the ethanol...

I don't even know if I'd be interested in seeing re-makes / a re-boot of the Indy films. I'd much rather see new movies, with new stories - there are plenty of those! Hollywood should check the 17th Shard for ideas - we've got them a-plenty!

Chris Pratt is the obvious choice for Indy, but I wish they'd choose another unknown like Harrison Ford was when they cast him for Star Wars. Plus, Mr. Pratt needs to be working on more Guardians films! Can't wait for those sequels. :-)

Edited by old aggie

Indiana Jones  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  I have watched and re-watched those movies about a hundred times. These, together with Star Wars, are my entire childhood.

My favorite has always been the Temple of Doom because of the insects, the gore, the disgusting feast and the heart pulling thing. I hear other people calling it childish: it may be true, but I was a child when I watched it, so....  :ph34r: It remains to this day, my favorite.

I'd love for new movies with a new actor, but not Chris Pratt... I just don't get an Indi feel from him.

Wait I didn't know about this very bad idea... I thought they were making an Uncharted movie? That's as close as you can hope to get of a Indy clone without being dumb just for the sake of making $ on a name brand. Sigh. That's some amazing games though!

Has anyone played the Lego Indiana Jones game?