Is there any place you can watch it in bulk? Because I need this show yesterday. :ph34r:

The only place I can think of is Amazon instant video, but that costs money . . .

And then the all important question to Gravity Falls fans: Dipifica or Wendip? (If You Haven't Yet, Finish Season Two Before Answering)

Edited by The Honor Spren

The only place I can think of is Amazon instant video, but that costs money . . .

And then the all important question to Gravity Falls fans: Dipifica or Wendip? (If You Haven't Yet, Finish Season Two Before Answering)

Dipifca. All the way. This ship is the closest thing to perfection a cartoon has ever given us.

Dipifca. All the way. This ship is the closest thing to perfection a cartoon has ever given us.

I... not only agree but actually kinda care. The whole Wendip deal got dangerously close to being tediously annoying, whereas what we see in Northwestern Mansion Noir was fantastic. *sniff* Shame someone was cutting an onion during that episode...

I... not only agree but actually kinda care. The whole Wendip deal got dangerously close to being tediously annoying, whereas what we see in Northwestern Mansion Noir was fantastic. *sniff* Shame someone was cutting an onion during that episode...

I'm actually quite pleased with how they resolved the Wendip thing. To portray a friendzoning as not only normal, but healthy, is something too few shows (and books, and movies) do.

And "Northwest Mansion Noir" was incredible. Pacifica went from being one of my most hated characters to one of my favorites. Her parents, on the other hand....

Kinda makes you wanna see exactly what's in Arts and Majesty, doesn't it?

I agree with Navani on the subject of gender roles in Alethi culture. If you are a lighteyed woman, you think, if you are a male, you either hit stuff or farm, and I'm not quite sure what darkeyed women do. Roshar is not exactly enlightened.

Edit: And now I'm a stormwarden, which probably the job that Alethi!me would have.

Edited by Mashadar Mistborn

I'm actually quite pleased with how they resolved the Wendip thing. To portray a friendzoning as not only normal, but healthy, is something too few shows (and books, and movies) do.

And "Northwest Mansion Noir" was incredible. Pacifica went from being one of my most hated characters to one of my favorites. Her parents, on the other hand....

Agreed on your spoilered portion, it worked at being a nice resolution and carrying Dipper along his three-dimensional development. 

And I felt that way about Pacifica as well, as far as her parents... well, Bill kinda did a number on her father. I like that cartoons for kids are allowed to get away with stuff like that.

And while we're talking about Weirdmageddon Part 1, the resolution of Wendip from romantic interest to friendship is essential to the development of Lil' Gideon as well, and led to one of his goons to saying one of my favorite lines, "Fighting children is boring, fighting a chaos god sounds fun!

And I also have to say, I think Toby Determined is one of the most entertaining side-characters I've seen in a while.

Edited by Orlion

Agreed on your spoilered portion, it worked at being a nice resolution and carrying Dipper along his three-dimensional development. 

And I felt that way about Pacifica as well, as far as her parents... well, Bill kinda did a number on her father. I like that cartoons for kids are allowed to get away with stuff like that.

And while we're talking about Weirdmageddon Part 1, the resolution of Wendip from romantic interest to friendship is essential to the development of Lil' Gideon as well, and led to one of his goons to saying one of my favorite lines, "Fighting children is boring, fighting a chaos god sounds fun!

And I also have to say, I think Toby Determined is one of the most entertaining side-characters I've seen in a while.

Same here. And they got away with a lot in "Northwest Mansion Noir" especially; if that were a live-action movie, PG-13 would be the absolute lowest rating it would receive. 

At the time of the episode in question, and in episodes following, it also made him a nice foil for Gideon. While Dipper made a conscious decision to move on from Wendy, every subsequent appearance Gideon made had him mention how he hadn't moved on from Mabel and had no intention to. I definitely appreciated the contrast; in nearly every show I've seen before that—even shows I liked—the guy's refusal to move on from a love interest who spurned him is rewarded with the affections of the same girl who spurned him. I loved how that friendzoning didn't ruin their friendship; but was rather the beginning of it.

will call him Bodacious T. I….might not be able to stop giggling, but I'll call him Bodacious T. :D 

Guess what I just found when looking through old notes:

Apparently I took notes at the beginning of Way of Kings, before I really got into the story. This was at the bottom of those notes:

(WOR spoilers)

Shallan's father was clearly alive after her mother (presumably step-mother) died, and Shallan calls herself a monster.There's mention of the eyes, her mother's eyes, being horrible. I'm willing to bet that something happened when her mother died, which eventually led to her father trying to kill her brothers and Shallan herself, and thus her father died probably by her hand.

For me, it is a day of mourning

Michael Crichton died early in the morning many years ago. He was really the only "mainstream" author I liked and looked forward to each new work he released.

Aww I totally forgot about this. RIP :( He was my favorite writer period for a long time before I started diving into fantasy. Timeline, Sphere, obviously Jurassic Park and Lost World, these are still some of my favorite books. Even his later stuff, (I loved State of Fear) was really good. 

I've been seeing posts for a Secret Sisters Gift Exchange going around Facebook--spend $10 for a gift for someone else, get gifts from others. I always scrolled right past, hoping no one would send me a link and rope me into it. I prepared my excuses for if this happened. I did not want to get involved.

Then, this morning, an acquaintance posted a link to a news story about how the whole thing is a pyramid scheme.

Being an antisocial loner has its perks. :ph34r: