Kaladin vs. Wax and Wayne

Baine

An interesting note as well is that while Kaladin can manipulate gravity with ease, it could easily be countered with a little steelpushing and weight decreasing. Gravity works according to mass, so it follows that the harder Iron is tapped, the less lashing power Kaladin would have on him. This could easily play into the fight.

I would further argue that while Wax has more experience fighting in partial gravity, Kaladin is better at it. Kaladin managed to smack down Szeth, an honorblade holder and full-time gravity-wrenching shardblade assassin with years of experience. While Wax is fantastic at fighting against others who are bound to the ground much more firmly, he has issues with completely flying at the same time as he fights, and his pushes can never get him the same amount of height that Kaladin's lashing to the sky would get him. While Wax struggles to climb a skyscraper, Kal is full-on FLYING high enough to see the entire shattered plains. This opens up the battlefield significantly in Kal's favor.

With all of this in mind, I would argue that assuming Kal and Wax could get off the ground fast enough to avoid Wayne interfering hugely with Bendalloy, Kaladin could both outfight and outfly Wax. The only real advantage that Wax would have in this scenario is that Wax would have a ranged weapon while Kaladin has a spear, but Kal obviously has experience in moving around projectiles before they get to him (WoK, pg. 918, Kaladin easily takes every single Parshendi arrow and protects everything around him by putting them on one shield.) I would have to put my money on Kaladin, although I love all three greatly. 

Oh, and hello to the Forums. :)

An interesting note as well is that while Kaladin can manipulate gravity with ease, it could easily be countered with a little steelpushing and weight decreasing. Gravity works according to mass, so it follows that the harder Iron is tapped, the less lashing power Kaladin would have on him. This could easily play into the fight.

I would further argue that while Wax has more experience fighting in partial gravity, Kaladin is better at it. Kaladin managed to smack down Szeth, an honorblade holder and full-time gravity-wrenching shardblade assassin with years of experience. While Wax is fantastic at fighting against others who are bound to the ground much more firmly, he has issues with completely flying at the same time as he fights, and his pushes can never get him the same amount of height that Kaladin's lashing to the sky would get him. While Wax struggles to climb a skyscraper, Kal is full-on FLYING high enough to see the entire shattered plains. This opens up the battlefield significantly in Kal's favor.

With all of this in mind, I would argue that assuming Kal and Wax could get off the ground fast enough to avoid Wayne interfering hugely with Bendalloy, Kaladin could both outfight and outfly Wax. The only real advantage that Wax would have in this scenario is that Wax would have a ranged weapon while Kaladin has a spear, but Kal obviously has experience in moving around projectiles before they get to him (WoK, pg. 918, Kaladin easily takes every single Parshendi arrow and protects everything around him by putting them on one shield.) I would have to put my money on Kaladin, although I love all three greatly. 

Oh, and hello to the Forums. :)

My problems with this is Wax only struggled to climb the skyscraper because it narrows as it gets further up, and he did not want to shoot his gun downwards to act as an anchor as the bullets could hit the people below. That is why he shot outwards to disperse it and throw him towards the skyscraper. Secondly regarding Kal's using his ability to draw projectiles away by causing an object to exert a gravitational pull would have significantly less affect against Wax unless Kal intends to use his entire supply of stormlight. Wax would be shooting a bullet which has a far greater velocity than an arrow, as well as pushing on it for penetration as we have seen him do countless times. Finally for that extra oomph, Wax could increase his weight when he pushes on the bullet. So with all those attributes combined, I very much doubt that localized gravitation field would affect the bullet at all. 

How does a time bubble would affect the fight? if Wayne is stuck in the bubble with Kal in a close fight, he would definitely end up dead (and Wax certainly won't try shooting toward the bubble)

Only chance Wayne has, is to trade Syl for a fork or a kerchief in his pocket during the fight :D

How does a time bubble would affect the fight? if Wayne is stuck in the bubble with Kal in a close fight, he would definitely end up dead (and Wax certainly won't try shooting toward the bubble)

Only chance Wayne has, is to trade Syl for a fork or a kerchief in his pocket during the fight :D

Syl's darn useful, and not in the way a fork or a kerchief is.  Not to mention, of course, that Kal wouldn't "trade" Syl for anything, and Wayne can't pickpocket the nahel bond.  (Unless that one theory about spiking away the nahel bond is right)

Syl's darn useful, and not in the way a fork or a kerchief is.  Not to mention, of course, that Kal wouldn't "trade" Syl for anything, and Wayne can't pickpocket the nahel bond.  (Unless that one theory about spiking away the nahel bond is right)

Yeah i know it! 'twas just a joke, Sule. And i don't think Wayne cares about who accepts or refuses a trade! In his opinion, a hat may worth far more than a Bond ! i really like him man!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually Wax has a pretty good chance - provided he has an aluminum gun and bullets. Kal not only has no experience with guns, he has no way of knowing that lashings won't work on aluminum. And if he's hit, aluminum will prevent him from healing. Oh, and Wax and Wayne don't fight fair.

With regard to Kelsier vs. Kaladin, WoB is that Kelsier wins. Kelsier doesn't fight fair, which is why it ends in an assassination attempt instead of a pitched battle.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

With regard to Kelsier vs. Kaladin, WoB is that Kelsier wins. Kelsier doesn't fight fair, which is why it ends in an assassination attempt instead of a pitched battle.

Not fighting fair is overrated. And Kaladin can fight dirty. If you drop both in a empty street, ready to kill, then I don't see Kelsier managing to turn it into an assassination atempt instead of a duel.

Actually Wax has a pretty good chance - provided he has an aluminum gun and bullets. Kal not only has no experience with guns, he has no way of knowing that lashings won't work on aluminum. And if he's hit, aluminum will prevent him from healing. Oh, and Wax and Wayne don't fight fair.

Maybe I am recalling wrong, but if I recall correctly Kelsier not fighting fair is more along the lines of him sneaking in and killing Kaladin while he sleeps. Actually just found the words of brandon, here they are:

BRANDON SANDERSON

Kelsier would probably find him in his sleep and kill him there. I would say Kelsier because he would not fight fairly.

edit: side note, wahoo I may have actually finally gotten the hang of searching for WoB! lol
Edited by Pathfinder

Maybe I am recalling wrong, but if I recall correctly Kelsier not fighting fair is more along the lines of him sneaking in and killing Kaladin while he sleeps.

That is my point. The fact he would rather kill people in their sleeps is meaningless to the question of who would win in a fight. Edited by DreamEternal

• Chaos locked this topic