Aonic Alphabet

Brandon had a guide on how to speak Aonic names 

http://brandonsanderson.com/books/elantris/elantris/elantris-pronunciation-guide/

so would the chasm line effect the ancient pronunciation? Especially since all that seems to matter is the shape .

ChayShan, AonDor, Forgery, and Dakhor all seem to only require shapes, so while I like the idea of the moon scepter as a translating device, it doesn't quite make sense. Especially since Aons are the only language yet known to access a shards power.

I still don't see why the chasm would effect AonAon, yes it was a HUGE change in the geography, but if ever notable feature were part of AonAon it would be a lot more complicated. I feel like it was an actual language because the book the Raoden learns the most about the AonDor is written in AonDor. 

The magic is form based, the letter shape or in ChayShan body shape determine what form the Dor is channeled into

ChayShan is tricky as we've not seen much of Jindoeese culture, but given their history, they'll have their own ancient language similar to that of MaiPon.

This is a little Necro, but I asked for my personalization to the 10th Anniversary Edition if the Chayshan forms are related to written Jindoese and the answer was "Yes"

• 3 months later...

@TheYoungBard, yes it is confirmed.  Brandon's speech during the Shadows of Self tour (of which there are several videos/recordings of) actually touches on it.

Hey Weiry do you know in which signing during SoS tour Brandon talked about this?

Hey Weiry do you know in which signing during SoS tour Brandon talked about this?

All of them, it was part of the speech he gives before the Q&A/Reading, he does a different one for each tour. I'm not sure if this one was ever transcribed though.

All of them, it was part of the speech he gives before the Q&A/Reading, he does a different one for each tour. I'm not sure if this one was ever transcribed though.

Thanks so much! I've already found a related video.

• Chaos locked this topic