Regrowth and a shard wounds

Chlehrma

I am tempted to claim that Regrowth works similar to Resealing and only heals the body in the Physical Realm, though I don't have any evidence to it. It's mostly a gut feeling that's based on the name of the ability.

As for the Shardblade, WoK says it cuts the soul. That's Spiritual Realm. I don't know if there are any WoBs though.

Would it be the Cognitive or Spiritual? Either way, I am inclined to say there is a limit to Regrowth. I don't really want to see someone brought back from having their eyes shrivel up. Maybe you could bring back limbs or something like that though, I don't know. That sounds a lot like what you would expect normally with healing, but on one level above. Good question though. I am not as well versed in WoB quotes as others.

So maybe since lift can touch Wyndle ( in the cognotive realm) maybe  she can also effect the spiritual realm. if so maybe she can use regrowth to heal a wound made by a shardblade

.... that actually would make sense. Upvote for very possible theory!

If Shardblades wounds could be healed, I would say Lift has the best chances.

I think it likely that Regrowth could heal a shardblade wound (though not an eye-killing (i.e. soul-killing) one). We had a rather in-depth discussion of it on this thread.

As to other things:

I'm rather strongly inclined to say that it's only Spiritual damage, as Feruchemical gold can heal "severed" limbs and we have strong reason to believe that kind of healing is governed by Cognitive aspects.

@cem

I disagree on how Resealing likely works, but that's for a different day/thread.

• Chaos locked this topic