Best Twinborn Combinations (Excluding Compounding)

DeadFencer

BoM spoilers:

I think that Soulbearer Twinborns are gonna be pretty powerful - after all, they can temporarily enhance their abilities even up to multiple times, easily reaching the power level of Lerasium Mistborn (or first Mistings). Basically, they can have what Inquisitors could have only by virtue of having multiple spikes of the same power.

Also, I suspect storing nicrosil would be pretty easy - you don't need your powers all the time, so you can store 100% almost at any time. No drawbacks as being weaker or dumber or anything, you just can't use your powers for a time and it's not a big deal. Of course, they probably couldn't reach the power level of Bands themselves, as you'd need to Compound nicrosil for that, but still pretty awesome.

With enough storage, they could reach Bands level power.

And, just think of the power...store Investiture a bunch, burn Steel, blow apart a city...

Edited by Shadeshadow227

A-Pewter, F-Steel. All day. Something too OP would be boring to either be personally, or role play, but just the idea of storing the speed that Pewter gave you, to fill a metalmind with no downsides, and then the grace and coordination you get while tapping your metalmind and burning Pewter.

Also, alternating filling and tapping mid-swing to ruin blocks/parries.

And, of course, A-Pewter and F-Iron. Imagine weightless jumps and mountains of weight for landing, grappling in general, weightless acrobatics. Could you drop your weight to 1/3, then Pewterdrag and run, then suffer less exhaustion because you did so much less work?

• 3 months later...

I think surgeons would definitely benefit from having allomantic tin along with feruchemal zinc powers. 

The surgeon would be able to see and hear everything, like exactly where to cut, and stitch, while the zinc would allow him to take everything in so he could make decisions better, and plan his actions. 

Although it would be way easier if you could be a gold compounder and transfer your powers somehow.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2015 at 7:29 PM, Voidus said:

I like that idea of using Electrum, something else you could do was train yourself to react in obvious ways to certain scenarios, maybe even learn sign language and just constantly sign to yourself things that are happening around you so when you look at the Electrum shadow you could see it.

Then you'd start getting into some weird time stuff, my bran hurts just thinking about it :blink:

Edited by Vaatuu

• 2 months later...

a group of twinborns could be the most OP assassination team ever. A: cadmium + F:steel, steel run up to target, burn cadmium to slow time, but tap speed to move like normal. this leaves the target essentially paralyzed with minimal danger to the twinborn down there. Then (this has already been brought up already) A: tin + F: cadmium snipes the immobilized target perfectly from miles away. If that somehow fails, A: pewter + F: gold. runs in and beats everyone up. 

Then I realized a steel compounder could do all of this alone..... so OP. 

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Allomantic Pewter. Feruchemical Gold. You would be one of the most Elite and hardest to stop warriors in the Cosmere. Burning Pewter and Storing health when not in combat. Burning Pewter and consuming gold while in combat. Never Tired. Never weak. Just finished Pewter Dragging for 9 hours, No problem just burn gold for a tick. No pewter drag.

I'd call this a Juggernaut. Burning pewter to counteract storing gold. Tapping gold to counteract Burning pewter. The strength, balance, and speed to match all but a F-Steel but the mental and physical fortitude to withstand the barrage heal, and outlast him, or  IMO The most OP work horse/ Warrior Scadrial has to offer.

Edited by Knghtstlker

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic