Best Twinborn Combinations (Excluding Compounding)

DeadFencer

The heat is charged by the Firemothers and Firefathers, as Allik says. Nicrosil used with metallic arts stores actual powers. It can't fuel anything. Marasi had to literally steal metal vials from the Set.

oh yeah...forgot about that part.  

Think I got it.  Thanks for clearing it up guys.

• 4 weeks later...

Allomantic iron / Feruchemical steel

Pulling towards the opponent to get close, Steelrunning to easily win in close combat. Also, can rip out metal weapons and be fast enough to catch them/ dodge them.

I think it would be possible to wallrun if well executed.

Allomantic iron / Feruchemical steel

Pulling towards the opponent to get close, Steelrunning to easily win in close combat. Also, can rip out metal weapons and be fast enough to catch them/ dodge them.

I think it would be possible to wallrun if well executed.

You can wallrun/walk with A-Iron anyway, so long as the surface/building has enough metal in it. That said, the pulling weapons and catch/dodging them bit is indeed awesome. That right there is fuel for some truly badass fight scenes. 

For super-survivability: A.Pewter and F.Gold. Pewter is all around handy, and Gold helps you not-die even more. As an added bonus, the extra healing ability from pewter can be stored when not needed, so it's much easier to store health.

For manipulative, sneaky socialites: A.Brass (or zinc) and F.Zinc. Use Brass to influence people while tapping mental speed to better pick up on and interpret their emotions.

For an effective night-guard: A.Cadmium and F.Zinc. You can throw up a slow-bubble to make time go faster, while tapping F.Zinc to watch the outside world without missing anything.

A-Electrum, F-Zinc. ability to comprehend the Electrum Shadows, and react accordingly: burn Electrum, tap zincminds, see Electrum shadows, fully comprehend Electrum shadows, see one get shot, duck. Nothing could surprise you.

First, instead of double-posting learn to edit your previous post.

Second, this combination was brought up multiple times.

Third, you're wrong - atium shadows show you what the other person would do, but don't account for your actions: you don't see atium shadow of your opponent being stabbed by you. Similarly electrum shadows only show your possible actions, they don't account for outside influence.

Third, you're wrong - atium shadows show you what the other person would do, but don't account for your actions: you don't see atium shadow of your opponent being stabbed by you. Similarly electrum shadows only show your possible actions, they don't account for outside influence.

Drop the attitude, please, we're all here to have good discussion, and even the best of us can be wrong.

I'm confused by what you're implying about shadows, though. Both Atium and Electrum shadows are of course affected by and reflect the interactions between you and others. That's why they shift and change as you or your opponent move and attack, because they're showing the possible reactions to the other person's attacks (Atium shadows changed in reaction to what you do, while Electrum shadows change in reaction to what the other person does, reflecting the new range of possibilities). F-Zinc should definitely help process those options and pick the most likely option to succeed. It's not Atium, but it would still be very useful.

jW

Edited by Jondesu

Yeah, but atium let's you see what the other person is gonna do. If he changes his mind, the shadow changes.

The only situation when shadows split is when the other person changes his mind based on a clue from the futuresight. I made a topic explaining that.

So let's say you see atium shadow of person who is around the corner and you use the knowledge from atium shadow to stab him. His atium shadow won't change, won't be showing a person lying on the ground with a hole in the chest, but will still show a person merryingly walking.

Actually, you can have it right now, since I've hit a bit of a block.

I'm basing it on how both powers can support one another, but that is pretty impossible for some combinations (A-gold/F-iron)

The ones in italic are based on what I believe about certain powers, but can't substantiate, for instance I believe that Allomantic Aluminum might be able to drain a metalmind, so I gave those names based on getting rid of the stored attibute.

It's a screenshot cause I can't figure out how to post a decent table.

Twinborn_zps0ijil0mf.png

...nice table.

...I MEANT...ugh...Electrum reveals your own future, right, like self-Atium...so if you see one of your own Electrum shadows bleed out from a bullet wound, duck before you actually get shot.

My point is that electrum shadows won't show you that. I believe that every electrum shadow shows you making a different choice without any external input. (See the topic I linked, I explain there the whole concept of electrum shadow vortex)

Well, atium shadows are continuous. Once you stab them it has to reset at some point, or the shadow is now inaccurate. If the shadow is a visual representation of spiritual connections (as is suggested) then it should actually account for everything except for that person's intentions.

Where would you even draw the line at external input? Someone nearby attacking you? Some half a mile up the mountain sneezing and burying you in an avalanche? If the shards decided to make the planet spin faster would it ignore that too?

The shadows show what the person they belong to is going to do. They only change when the person intends to do something else and they only multiply when the person learns something from the future.

So unless they see you charging at them with a knife, they won't react to this future where they are stabbed. In the example of stabbing somebody who's around the corner, there is no way the victim can know about you and react to you, so the shadows won't account for you.

The shadows show what the person they belong to is going to do. They only change when the person intends to do something else and they only multiply when the person learns something from the future.

So unless they see you charging at them with a knife, they won't react to this future where they are stabbed. In the example of stabbing somebody who's around the corner, there is no way the victim can know about you and react to you, so the shadows won't account for you.

Except that if that was the case it wouldn't negate Atium and it's described as projecting multiple shadows when facing against an atium user.

My point is that electrum shadows won't show you that. I believe that every electrum shadow shows you making a different choice without any external input. (See the topic I linked, I explain there the whole concept of electrum shadow vortex)

Well, I go off of the "electrum shows your possible futures" interpretation. Thus, the Electrum vortex is what COULD happen, but if you tap mental speed while burning Electrum, you could adjust what you would do based on what you see happen to your Electrum shadows. Conflicting viewpoints, I know, but you didn't have to shoot down my theory of an Electrum-Zinc twinborn being awesome based on your speculation...not FACT, SPECULATION. So, until Brandon denies one of our viewpoints with an in depth explanation of how Electrum actually works, don't shoot down my opinion, okay? My opinion is my opinion, and your opinion is yours.

Well, I go off of the "electrum shows your possible futures" interpretation. Thus, the Electrum vortex is what COULD happen, but if you tap mental speed while burning Electrum, you could adjust what you would do based on what you see happen to your Electrum shadows. Conflicting viewpoints, I know, but you didn't have to shoot down my theory of an Electrum-Zinc twinborn being awesome based on your speculation...not FACT, SPECULATION. So, until Brandon denies one of our viewpoints with an in depth explanation of how Electrum actually works, don't shoot down my opinion, okay? My opinion is my opinion, and your opinion is yours.

That lines up well with how Vin beat Zane, IMO. She read his reaction rather than her own shadows, but the same principle; she reacted based on what she was expected to do by the Atium shadows, and changed the result.

jW

Except that if that was the case it wouldn't negate Atium and it's described as projecting multiple shadows when facing against an atium user.

Why wouldn't it? You have many different things to do; since there are multiple things you could do, atium user would also see multiple shadows as you're already acting on hints from the future. Atium vs atium produces multiple shadows because there is a mutual feedback loop.

By the way, it's also described as projecting multiple shadows even without atium user around (Vin and Elend vs Inquisitor in the beginning of HoA).

It feeds back because the future is literally being decided by knowledge about that very future, in an endless loop of foresight.

Atium has never, at any point that I know of, been described as having to do with intent in any way.

BoM spoilers:

I think that Soulbearer Twinborns are gonna be pretty powerful - after all, they can temporarily enhance their abilities even up to multiple times, easily reaching the power level of Lerasium Mistborn (or first Mistings). Basically, they can have what Inquisitors could have only by virtue of having multiple spikes of the same power.

Also, I suspect storing nicrosil would be pretty easy - you don't need your powers all the time, so you can store 100% almost at any time. No drawbacks as being weaker or dumber or anything, you just can't use your powers for a time and it's not a big deal. Of course, they probably couldn't reach the power level of Bands themselves, as you'd need to Compound nicrosil for that, but still pretty awesome.

Allomantic iron is indisputably the best.

I could just set up a bunch of metal handles attached to walls then just sit in a wheely chair and never have to move again.  B)

...I never thought of that...wait...I've got a better idea...spike someone so you could have both steel and iron, you would never have to walk again.