Warbreaker FTW!

mycoltbug

Warbreaker is a great book.  It's also probably the most innovative, unique and genuinely useful of Brandon's magic systems.

The one complaint I have about this book is that the politicking to combat ratio is a little higher than I'd like, but then again, that's probably kind of the point.  Also, not enough Vasher.

Yeah... Warbreaker is one of my favs. I read it when it was only available on the website. Bought it when it came out.... but forgot it when I went to his Gathering Storm signing.... so I bought another copy. Now I'll take my other copy to get signed at TWoK signing.

Forced my brother to read it as well... and by forced I mean I walked up to him and said "read this. now." He loved it. He's now a huge Brandon fan. Loves his magic systems and writing.

• 3 weeks later...

It's an especially great intro to Brandon's work because instead of telling people, "go check out these sample chapters," you can tell them, "go download a copy of this book of his that he's giving away for free." Since a lot of my friends are on tight budgets, it's definitely an attention getter.

And beside that, it's an awesome book. Vivid and engaging, and it's a beautifully immersive fantasy without being the "same old" fantasy many people have come to expect. That is, people who haven't read Brandon's stuff yet. :(

• Chaos locked this topic