Dalinar's Flashback Chapter from Oathbringer

Argent

Wayne's cognitive shadow defied relativity using his anti-logic charm to go to Roshar in the past and get the whole world drunk?

But yeah, getting drunk at a party is pretty normal behavior.

There's a whole world of difference between getting drunk at a party and getting so drunk you pass out at the table to the point that you are completely unresponsive in an emergency.

The vast majority of people don't get to that state when drinking. Of course, I suspect had Dalinar been a more moderate drunk things may have ended worse. Imagine drunk and stumbling Dalinar rushing to Gavilar's aid with no plate. We probably would have lost them both.

The vast majority of people don't get to that state when drinking. Of course, I suspect had Dalinar been a more moderate drunk things may have ended worse. Imagine drunk and stumbling Dalinar rushing to Gavilar's aid with no plate. We probably would have lost them both.

But if Dalinar was reliable enough to not pass out from drunkeness, Gavilar would probably have told him he expected an assassin and include him in his plan like he did with Sadeas.

But if Dalinar was reliable enough to not pass out from drunkeness, Gavilar would probably have told him he expected an assassin and include him in his plan like he did with Sadeas.

The plan with Sadeas seems like it was premeditated to the point that they set it up far before the evening of drunken revelry. If that was the case, then Gavilar had plenty of opportunity to tell a sober Dalinar about his plan, and have Dalinar take part without him getting drunk later. So I think Dalinar wasn't included in the plan at all on purpose by Gavilar. Why, no idea, but I feel it was a conscious choice. 

Remember that Gavilar asked Dalinar specifically to follow the codes and not get drunk at the party, but he still did. I seriously doubt Gavilar trusted Dalinar in anything beyond warfare.

Also, I've been meaning to ask Brandon if Dalinar is an alcoholic. He does show signs similar to recovering alcoholics, but it's not as clear. He could just as easily be recovering from realizing how terrible of a person he was in his youth.

Edited by leinton

I don't think he's an alcoholic. I think when he does something he just does it to the hilt  ;)

But seriously though perhaps something else happened earlier to put him in a mood? 

At a party/ Peace Conference i don't think anybody was really expecting an Assassin anyway

and it's not like he had any knowledge of Gavilars little clique and what they were scheming so

he had no idea about other possible threats or likely causes to be on guard. 

Truth be told i quite like the new.. well old Dalinar but you know what i mean.

He was portrayed as this total bad chull by a nation who promotes War, Battle and Strength.

A man even Sadeas respected and was weary of, i like him like this is because he is what every Alethi aspires to be 

and how he will grow to be what every Alethi should aspire to be.

If he was 19 and exactly the same. There would be nothing to work on for his character growth.

I don't think he's an alcoholic. I think when he does something he just does it to the hilt ;)

But seriously though perhaps something else happened earlier to put him in a mood?

At a party/ Peace Conference i don't think anybody was really expecting an Assassin anyway

and it's not like he had any knowledge of Gavilars little clique and what they were scheming so

he had no idea about other possible threats or likely causes to be on guard.

Truth be told i quite like the new.. well old Dalinar but you know what i mean.

He was portrayed as this total bad chull by a nation who promotes War, Battle and Strength.

A man even Sadeas respected and was weary of, i like him like this is because he is what every Alethi aspires to be

and how he will grow to be what every Alethi should aspire to be.

If he was 19 and exactly the same. There would be nothing to work on for his character growth.

All I know is that when he was stuck with those arrows, and he didn't kill the dude, I was like "Okay, he's not that bad." Yeah, didn't even know you couldnt just put asterisks because I had no idea it would just change it to chull. Otherwise, that's what I would have put. But thanks the for the report big guy. Ya know, instead of just saying something to me. Wasn't trying to skirt anything. Edited by The Ninja Yodeler

• Chaos locked this topic