Hoid Shardholder

Stormgate

Hoid is known to have spent time with many of the Shardholders, such as Rayse, Ati, and Tanavast. Since he has such close association with the Shardholders, it seems very unlikely that he doesn't have a Shard. So, why shouldn't he have one? Completely gambling, I would like to suggest that his Shard's intent be mischief, because Hoid is unable to cause people physical harm, is known in his role as Wit for being harmless, but knowing too much, and Rock has met Hoid, saying that Hoid was a god of mischief, and unable to harm anybody. However, this is shaky evidence at best, and so his intent could be something else.

Hoid is known to have spent time with many of the Shardholders, such as Rayse, Ati, and Tanavast. Since he has such close association with the Shardholders, it seems very unlikely that he doesn't have a Shard. So, why shouldn't he have one? Completely gambling, I would like to suggest that his Shard's intent be mischief, because Hoid is unable to cause people physical harm, is known in his role as Wit for being harmless, but knowing too much, and Rock has met Hoid, saying that Hoid was a god of mischief, and unable to harm anybody. However, this is shaky evidence at best, and so his intent could be something else.

I can accept that he has a Splinter, though it doesn't explain much.

Wouldnt he be a lot less physical and a lot more floating around everywhere if he was a shardholder?

From the events in Mistborn, Shards can appear as physical beings, but they don't do it often, possibly because it's difficult, possibly because it leaves them open to being killed like Leras. This doesn't explain how Odium can shatter Shards, but maybe it's related.

Possibly a Sliver but I doubt Hoid would be an actual Shard, he's visited every major Shardworld and I find it pretty unlikely that no one would retaliate because of that.
He also wanted to get a piece of Lerasium in order to become an Allomancer, if he was an entire Shard I doubt he'd bother since the powers of an Allomancer are basically meaningless to a Shard.

As for if Hoid is a Herald, probably not, as I believe he denied that in WoR. However, I am quickly growing fond of the theory that Hoid is the holder of one or more Splinters.

I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up a Spren or Seon at some point I suppose.

Well Hoid is older of any Shards (the Shards not the holder) and probably after the Shattering the Holder take time before leaving Yolen and other time before the effect of their investitures affect their new homes. It's unlikely that Hoid was waiting all this time before became "whatever he is". Probably "whatever he is" it's is something that alter him before or during the Shattering.

Therefore beins like Returned, Heralds (but about the we don't know too much) is out of "Whatever he is"-set.

Well Hoid is older of any Shards (the Shards not the holder) and probably after the Shattering the Holder take time before leaving Yolen and other time before the effect of their investitures affect their new homes. It's unlikely that Hoid was waiting all this time before became "whatever he is". Probably "whatever he is" it's is something that alter him before or during the Shattering.

Therefore beins like Returned, Heralds (but about the we don't know too much) is out of "Whatever he is"-set.

Well he tried to become an Allomancer, he's obviously still interested in acquiring certain abilities, he could have tried to become something like a herald.

I think there is a theory that he might be a sliver of Adonalsium. Or there is a theory out there that he picked up whatever was left of Adonalsium after the shattering. Personally, I think he probably is just a talented and powerful worldhopper. We are fairly certain he's an Alomancer (we don't know for sure if he used the Larasium, but there have been implications he used the emotional metals in Stormlight) and he's confirmed to be a feruchemist, so he is basically imortal (although he evidently has another source of healing/immortality, probably an ability from Yolen). He is also seen using lightweaving and most likely has at least the second hightening of Breaths (he mentions having perfect pitch).

I´v been thinking hes trying to become a splinter of adonalsium, by gathering a small portion of every shard. We know he gathered Lerasium. Guessing thats just 1 out of 16 pieces of shards he wants;).

Only question is how many of the 16 hes managed to gather.

I considerated the "he want become a splinter of Adonalsium" (also if it's better "he want to re-create a Splinter of Adonalsium) but I discarted this because there is Adonalsium's Splinter in the Cosmere and it will more easy to simply catch one of them (if he want to bond with an Adonalsium's spren). It's the same reason about I don't think that the Dawnshard are the Adonalsium's spren).

I haven't seen anyone put forward anything beyond speculation as to Hoid being anything other than a very well-invested Worldhopper, and as people kindly pointed out rather early, he has been explicitly ruled out as a Shardholder. (at least, as of the current time in the Cosmere of SA/Mistborn Era 2 continuity)