Epic Powers-- Firefight spoilers

Stormgate

It has been established that an Epic's weakness comes from their worst fear. However, we don't know where an Epic's powers come from. Prof got his powers when an Epic attacked his class. One can only imagine what he felt, seeing his class injured, some under rubble, with more rubble impending. He got forcefields to protect the children from debris, evaporation to remove the rubble, and healing and gifting to heal them. Mitosis was angry that he had to rely on the other members of the band, so he gained the ability to be a one-man band. Steelheart wanted to dominate people, to rule them with a steel grip. He got his wish with invincibility, flight, turning things to steel, and energy blasts.

Epic weaknesses come from their worst nightmares, what if their powers come from their fondest dreams?

It's probably the truth.

There are a lot of other examples:
Steelheart gained the Strenght over the other

Firefight gained access to other reality (where probably her past is different)

Regalia gained the ability to see wherever she want and to be in many place at the same time, based on the water (she is an ex Priest).

Unfortunately I think there was a recent WoB that disproved this theory, which I used to think was true too. Can't remember exactly what it was but I was pretty disappointed, I'll try to dig it up.
But then again I might be completely misremembering so there's still hope :P

You mean this one?

d08893e1efda8f1e5a66dd3954c7fa5d.jpg

Plus, this should really be in the Firefight spoile section for future reference.

That's the one yeah. Not a complete refutation I suppose since he might build the characters around the powers but still makes it much less likely.

• Chaos locked this topic