@Wilson, With regard to my comment about D1 lynches, I was more trying to get that 'meta- discussion' out of the way. It always crops up, with people that think we should always have a lynch D1, and people that think we shouldn't. I wasn't trying to waste the villages time, I was trying to get the issue out of the way before it does end up wasting our time. I've always supported D1 lynches and this game is no different, I just need to read through and fin someone I suspect. 

In regard to my comment about an HI trust group, I realize that there are problems with that. But we do need a place to begin knowing who can trust who, and I think the HI can be useful for that. And while I said 'trust group' I didn't say coalition. I'd say in LG14 you were at the heart of a 'trust group' asking favors and information within a network. That reads like a trust group to me. 

So far no one has seemed too suspicious, and those that did seem to be earlier have cleared up my suspicions by their later posts. Also, I'm knew to this and don't really know what kind of abilities the Eliminators might have been given. Unless someone becomes super suspicious in these last few hours of D1, I highly doubt I'll put in a vote.

Night Shift 1: When Everything Changes

Captain's Journal, 29/01/513 AK, Night Shift

It would appear that the crew do not feel as though they are in danger. They are suspicious of the HI, of course, but people have always been wary of new technology. Even when the first gunsmiths plied their craft on Scadrial, there were those who said that man should not be able to kill so easily. The fools. What is a Coinshot but a living weapon? Just because a weapon is alive does not make it any better or worse than an entirely mechanical one.

But change. Change is the greatest thing we fear. We fear the unknown, we fear that which we do not control. It is little wonder that Ruin and Odium were such powerful foes; chaos and destruction incarnate cannot be planned for. It can be beaten, yes, we have seen that. But it cannot be understood. It cannot be countered, only reacted-to.

The greatest moment of upheaval the worlds have ever seen was the cataclysm of the Survivor. The world of Scadrial literally shifted in place, ecosystems changing instantaneously. Two gods became one. What can compare to this? And yet, a hundred years later, the world was almost the same as it was. Nobles and skaa, rich and poor, Allomancer and powerless.

If there is a secret, I believe it is this: When everything changes, nothing changes. We tear the world down and rebuild it, but we always rebuild it in the image of its past-self. Nostalgia limits our creativity, forcing us to play old themes. The worst thing is that we don't even realise it. The reasoning is plain to see, though - New ideas do not always equate to good ideas. When things change but appear to be the same, people continue along as though nothing really has changed.

But regardless. We still have our mission. Asteroids and planets will not mine themselves, after all. We will make planet-fall soon enough, though it does not look like we will remain there long. The planet does not have an atmosphere that we can breathe, although the kandra amongst us might have that capability. Their biology is always strange, even at the best of times.

We will remain here for a week and take some preliminary samples before going to the next world in this solar system. When we have visited all the solid planets here, we shall return home, living proof that man has conquered the stars, instead of just existing amongst them. This journey will be a testament to our dominance of the galaxy.

We will return as heroes.

Captain Cor Mordero

picard_clapping.gif

...So, the Village kind of forgot that the Eliminators just needed to lynch the Captain to win. When they talked themselves into a no-vote, it gave the Eliminators a perfect chance to sweep in and take it.

I have obtained permission to re-run this game. I will be making a few minor changes, mostly limited to removing this win condition and replacing it with the more traditional one, and then it will start again on Tuesday at 8PM GMT (47 hours from now). The reason I'm doing this isn't just because of this situation, but because I have decided that it's a little too easy when the Eliminators have perfect communications in general.

I will assume everyone who is currently in will still be playing, but please tell me if you wish to drop out. I will also accept new sign-ups during this time. I will be posting a new thread imminently.

If you're curious, with a Feruchemist involved, that was 4 votes on the Captain. The next highest number of votes on a player was 1.

The Eliminators were: IrulelikeSTINK, Kipper, Alvron, The Honey Badger, Adavantos and Dowanx.

Edited by Wyrmhero

New roles and everything :o?

The number of each Role and each players' Roles and Alignments will all change. Well, probably. Statistics states that someone might end up with the same Role and Alignment. But still, no assumptions can be made here.

Edited by Wyrmhero

He cut me out of the doc halfway through my sentence, now it will forever be a mystery as to what I was going to say :P

EDIT: Nevermind, the whole sentence itself is gone :o

Edited by IrulelikeSTINK

Just to be completely clear, this was all Alvron's idea. He gets all the credit. So this:

The reason I'm doing this isn't just because of this situation, but because I have decided that it's a little too easy when the Eliminators have perfect communications in general.

is totally his fault.

RP of the recent events incoming, and maybe Wyrm will release the doc.