Ooh. You read What If?

Yes. Yes I do. I find what he does to be very enjoyable, funny, as well as scientific. What if is some of the best "science" I have ever read. One time PK showed it to an actual science teacher, the teacher read it, and then repeatedly referenced it in the next class.

A particular favorite is vaporizing raindrops with a laser.

Edited by Bridge Boy

I am still staying in the game, but the rules lawyer known as NoName is resigning, and his client Jack is coming aboard!

Italics = What they are thinking in either Dialogue or Mental Conversation                                           (It's a bit confusing I know)

Normal = Dialogue or in the case of a mental dialogue, what is being thought without speaking.        

< Jack's POV >

" I have asked all the questions that you requested and more, and feel confident enough to let you know that no complications should arise" NoName said. 

I really should find out his name sometime, and what is with the Spikes in his head?

" Thank you, any reason why you need metals for the payment?" Jack inquired, as he was unaware of the powers that some had in the Cosmere.

" You don't know? I can assure you that you will learn much in this mission, and that I hope you return in good health"

Why is he talking about my health? This lawyer sure is odd, but he was recommended to me by Leyton, so he must be good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

< NoName's POV >

He didn't know why this bumbling fool was going on the mission, but it did give him a chance to speak to the captain, who looked oddly familiar.

I TRUST THAT YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY GOT JACK ON THE MISSION?

Yes, is there anything else?

JACK IS MORE IMPORTANT TO ME THAN YOU THINK, AND THERE WILL BE THOSE WHO WISH TO KILL HIM ON THAT SHIP, MAKE SURE THAT ONE OF THEM HAS SEEN THE WAYS OF OUR CAUSE.

As you command

And so NoName went off to find a traitor, so that Leyton could continue to have things as he would want. Not that it would be good for the other passengers. 

Edited by IrulelikeSTINK

Yes. Yes I do. I find what he does to be very enjoyable, funny, as well as scientific. What if is some of the best "science" I have ever read. One time PK showed it to an actual science teacher, the teacher read it, and then repeatedly referenced it in the next class.

A particular favorite is vaporizing raindrops with a laser.

For what it's worth, XKCD was referenced multiple times during my degree for various reasons. ...As was Kerbal Space Program. That was an odd year.

As if Kipper's count-down didn't tell you, two and a half hours to go.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Day Shift 1: Do HIs Dream of Electric Chull?

Captain's Journal, 29/01/513 AK, Day Shift

It has been almost a month since we set off from Scadrial and the Heron industries launch-pad, and it is only now, when we are about to breach the exterior of another solar system, that problems are occurring.

Months ago, when my family suggested and planned this voyage, there was very little I could say against it. Indeed, I was all for it, believing it to be the best thing we could possibly do at the time. Perhaps the only thing we could do. Drastic times, and all that. Evolve or die has always been the Heron motto.

When the cataclysm of The Survivor shook the world, we found ways to adapt, new profits to acquire, different strengths to assimilate. Feruchemy, while not as instantly usable as Allomancy, is infinitely more versatile. When the lost art of Hemalurgy was rediscovered, we were finally no longer constrained by the laws of Harmony, but could create our own. Our diversity only increased further when my ancestor, Wurum Heron (for whom I am named), first set foot on Roshar and won a Shardblade. From then on, we felt as though we were invincible.

Perhaps we still are. Our family's enemies are everywhere, and they target not us, but our workers and our allies. Cowardice of the highest level. I had hoped to leave that all behind back home. Not that I ever thought that this trip would be easy - mining is a dangerous job even at the best of times - but I did not expect murder aboard my own ship. Not even a crime of passion, but pre-meditated and done to inflict fear amongst the crew. They needn't have bothered. It's not as though we can run anywhere.

It will take the ship at least a week to be able to turn around, even travelling at slow speeds like this. It was never built for grace and speed, but for bulk transport, after all. I will need to administer justice aboard ship, rather than wait for due process to take place on Scadrial. I have no illusions that this will be the last death before the trip is out.

There is at least a small silver lining to this ashen cloud. I am able to confirm that the Hemalurgic implanting of consciousness into a machine is a success. Arandar might be dead, but he lives once more in a silicon and atium skin. My hope was that he would be able to recall how they died, but no such luck. Arandar was near catatonic when I found him, and I barely had enough time to complete the transfusion without causing irreparable damage and wasting a spike. Unfortunately, due to the nature of Hemalurgy and its affect on the soul, I do not think I can safely repeat this display and graft someone else to Arandar's HI core without destroying both minds involved.

But we have a mystery, right here in our caverns of steel. I do not think this is even the work of a lone terrorist, but a carefully plotted intrusion by another company. I do not know if they plan to kill us all, or merely subvert us, but whichever it is we still must catch them before they destroy everything we have worked for. I will not have my family be made to look like fools at the moment of our greatest triumph. Someone will pay for this, I assure you.

I attach with this a list of crewmembers I find suspicious in some way or another. I pray for a swift conclusion to this problem. May Ironeyes be merciful, before this is all through.

Captain Wurum Heron

Crew Manifest

• John (IrulelikeSTINK) - A rules lawyer's client with a mission.
  • Gaius Tekiel (Orlok)
  • Adelor Ien Far-Astra (Alfa)
  • Wynde Wilson (little wilson) - A woman afraid of airlocks.
  • Winnie the Pooh (Kipper)
  • James T Slade (Bridge Boy) - An ensign with delusions of Spook.
  • Inor Haze (Creccio)
  • Pork (Paranoid King) - A pilot and board game fanatic.
  • Miral (Mailliw73) - Excited to be exploring the Cosmere.
  • Aikios Davar (Venture Mistborn) - A descendant of Nan Balat.
  • Cor Mordero (Alvron) - Petty Officer, in both rank and nature.
  • ARANDAR (Araris Valerian) - Voidbringer - HI
  • Rae Nova (Arraenae) - Possibly a death-seeker
  • Brega Daghar (The Honey Badger) - A man looking for opportunities.
  • Citoan Vinid (Shallan) - A naturally non-Allomancer who loves Allomancy
  • Obsidibus Caesis Dormiam (phattemer)
  • Volke (TheMightyLopen)
  • First of Dawn (Adavantos)
  • Kaid (Kaid)
  • Doctor McClay (Clanky)
  • Neil Weakarm (polkinghorndb)
  • Elby (Elbereth)
  • Hellscythe (DeathClutch19)
  • Steph (QueenSteph)
  • The High Priest of Elkanah (Elkanah)
  • Dow (dowanx)

Coroner's Report

Date: 29/01/513 AK
Doctor on Shift: [Redacted]

Name of Deceased: Arandar
Death Reported By: Captain Wurum Heron
Reported As: Homicide
Cause of Death: Soul-spiking

1. Abrasions to the face, most likely from falling and striking the table during the attack.
2. Defensive lacerations to the forearms. Done with a sharp instrument, most likely a knife from the kitchens. Knife has not been found and is probably incinerated.
3. One broken rib. Physical trauma to the chest matches standard-issue boots. Blood trail disappears quickly outside the mess hall due to BioChromatic cleaners.
4. Further knife cuts to leg tendons. Cut was not done professionally but deceased bled out quickly.
5. Stab wound through the heart, done by atium spike possessed by Captain. This is the immediately lethal injury, considering it removed the deceased soul, though the other wounds would have proven fatal not long after regardless.
6. Bruise on foot. Captain confesses he only found the deceased because he fell over them.

Conclusion: Homicide. Deceased was unfortunate enough to be out of fuel for Voidbinding, or else would have escaped unharmed. Captain has taken over the search for the perpetrator.

LG15 has begun! Day Shift 1 has begun! It will end at 9PM GMT on Sunday, with any luck. Remember that PMs cannot be used during the Day in this game.

Arandar (Araris Valerian) was a Voidbringer! ...Bet he didn't see that coming >>. He has been Hemalurgically implanted into the ship and now serves as the HI.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Miral was shocked at the death of Arandar. Maw had sent him on this trip exactly to avoid that. Everyone thought the Herons could keep their ship safe from invaders and traitors. Apparently not. Luckily, Miral wasn't defenseless. He didn't have powers like Maw did or like many others of the ship, but he did have some basic combat training. Maw had taught the basics and sent him to some of the best fighters in the cosmere. He would not let the traitors take this ship without a fight. 

Well I can't say that I didn't see this happening, the joke was too good to pass up. 

I won't vote for Wilson, cause based on other games people will want the Wilson to talk anyway.

I'll vote for the person that no-one expects to see it going to, Elbereth! (they're new and a sibling, right? If not please tell me who is, thanks)

All you have to is talk, Elbereth.

I expect people will want me to talk, yes. I don't really have much to say, however. I haven't made my notes yet, I haven't really read deeply into the rules, and basically all I know is my own personal role and purpose. That's it. :P I'm sort of distracted by Heirs at the moment and getting things together for that, plus other things in real life (car insurance issues still and other various medical/health-related things). So while I'll be paying attention and keeping up with the thread, I don't really expect to be saying much.

What I will say is that I'm getting some evil vibes from Maill right now. Instinct tells me something is off there. Instinct is also telling me something is off with Stink. Whether or not the instinct is right remains to be seen. I currently do not wish to place a vote though.

Wyrm, does the coroners report actually mean anything game-wise? Or is it a good bit of storytelling? 

Also, I'm interested to know why I've been lumped in with Maw (though I smell more than him) as to being evil, but if it's Instinct then I guess you wouldn't be able to explain :P

Rae had been expecting danger when she signed up, like mining accidents and spacesickness, but not... death. Or homicides. Or murders.

Well, more like attempted murder. But that was even more unsettling, considering that Arandar was a voidbringer. He could see into the future, for Harmony's sake!

And they had no idea who did it. Rae didn't want to believe that a crewmate had tried to kill Arandar... but someone must have done it.

Wyrm, does the coroners report actually mean anything game-wise? Or is it a good bit of storytelling?

I've called dibs on the Coroner's report with our illustrious GM, and to the best of my admittedly limited knowledge, it won't have anything to do with the game (I didn't directly ask, though).

James read through the captains log, smiling through the whole thing. Hacking into confidential data always made him excited. "There isn't much better than this, eh Spook?" He called out into open air. "Is almost a work of art. You feel the tension, but with a pinch of humor as well. This should be a good trip." Spoil didn't answer, but then, he never did. That was something that James would have to fix at some point. Maybe some torture would get the message across. But regardless of that, he did whatever job was given him flawlessly, although no jobs ever were, never talked back to his superior officer, and in short, was the best first officer an ensign could ever have. "This should be a voyage to remember! Unless I did, in which case I'll forget!" Sinister cackling filled the abandoned corridors of the ship.

Is it ok to ask question the thread or it has to be always via pm?

But that was a question...:P

Unless otherwise stated, asking questions in thread is perfectly fine. I can't think of a time when it was prohibited. Oftentimes, since the GM will post rule clarifications anonymously in a massive post, people just ask in a PM so as not to give others any clues about their roles/plans.