Potential lead? You think people won't try to kill me after LG14? No, I'd be shocked if I'm not dead by Cycle 4. In fact, I will be highly disappointed. I embrace my inevitable death. In fact, I seek it. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to look in the death's face and say "Take me."

Unless you end up the HI. Or a voidbringer (if they can do their thing every night). Or an Elantrian. And if I were playing this and ended up an Elantrian, you can be sure I would be protecting you every single cycle. Edited by Haelbarde

Wyrm, am I allowed to RP as a Mistborn even if I don't get the role?

Strictly speaking, there is nothing stopping you - Originally this game was based off rankings in the ship rather than Investiture, but I thought it made it not Cosmere enough. Besides, anyone who takes you at face value of your RP deserves everything they get. Story-wise, the Ship takes and gives away powers as and when they're needed anyway. Nothing stopping you being naturally Mistborn but not having it as your designated (and official) power once the game gets underway.

Incidentally, the only reason the powers from other books (Shadows Beneath and Shadows for Silence) and Dhakor from Elantris aren't in this game is because I couldn't make them work without making them duplicates of other powers. But I have plans for them elsewhere, oh yes...

Arandar is signing up! I love the idea of the HI by the way.

Thanks. It's my baby :). Technically the Forger too, but deputy roles aren't too rare, even though this is done differently.

(AI is also my favourite Job in the game this SE is based on, Space Station 13)

Oh, and Spectator doc will be sent out at some point to Haelbarde and Kas, as requested.

Edited by Wyrmhero

I've noticed, Wyrm, that you put me under as just Deja Vu. The full pun has to include the Major, or it won't work. :) Thanks!

But I prefer the other pun I slipped in >>. Very well...

Do all abilities have unlimited uses? (just clarifying, I am apparently a rules lawyer after all)

All abilities are able to be used an unlimited amount of times, but they can only during the correct Turn of the Cycle, and only once per Cycle. All abilities are active, aside from the ability of Surgebinders which allow PMs, which is passive and cannot be switched off.

Arraenae, on 23 Oct 2015 - 4:38 PM, said:

snapback.png

Rae Nova signing up.

I feel like I am just asking for a horrible death by signing up for this...

You're practically demanding it.

This will also be my first analysis-based Mafia game ever. :3 

Where have you played before?

Mostly at summer camps in elementary school, where you discover who is dead, you vote to lynch somebody, and then they are lynched. No talking back, no defending yourself, and usually there's only Mafia, Town, and a Doctor. 

Mostly at summer camps in elementary school, where you discover who is dead, you vote to lynch somebody, and then they are lynched. No talking back, no defending yourself, and usually there's only Mafia, Town, and a Doctor. 

Yeah, cool. I've never played RL mafia to the degree of complexity that I hear about some doing, but I hear it's pretty cool!

Can the HI be lynched?

And Maw isn't the one playing, Alim is. But I realized I've already used that name. So "Alim" is changing his name to Miral. I'll edit that in my first sign up post too.

Edit: Wyrm, once a Forger uses a dead person's role, is it used up and no longer available to be Forged anymore? 

Edited by Mailliw73

This looks awesome! I've been waiting for this game since I first read about it. But, like Kas, I'm in the middle of waaaay too much and find that I use SE as an excuse for procrastination and the like. I'd like to request a spec doc seat, though.

Lots of people today. Seonid, you've been added to the spec-doc list.

Roles that have been Forged are removed from the Sharddrive's list of Roles that can be given out. They will only return to the Sharddrive once the person with this Role dies. Roles that are overwritten by a Forger vanish from the game for good.