Why are there no more Mistborn?

navybrandt

I agree, the Twinborn are more interesting and more fun due to their limitations. However, they're a bit too limited for the epic moments Brandon loves ...

I'm not saying this is bad in any way but I don't think it's as well suited for the high fantasy and heroic romance characterized by the first trilogy. If anything, I think Brandon will have to increase their powers in the second and third epic trilogies to keep up the momentum building to his signature climax.

Yeah, you're right; BS will have to increase their powers. He has pretty much signaled that this will be accomplished through two means: (1) Hemalurgy and (2) technological methods of using the metallic arts -- e.g. the Southern Scadrians.

So, yeah... We're going to see some power-ups. They just might not come in the form of traditional allomancers/feruchemists.

Have we learned anything more about the Southern Scadrians since this thread? What powers do they have access to, just feruchemy and hemalurgy that we know of, they don't have (genetic) access to allomancy do they?

I think WoB was that they do just no Mistborn, it'd be similar to the rates of Allomancy before Rashek went to the Well, rare but not unheard of.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not read Shadows of Self yet, so please no spoilers for book 5.

Why are there no more mistborn in the Wax and Wayne series? Has it just been bred out? If so, I imagine it would become exceedingly rare but not impossible. Is there a confirmed answer or just speculation?

Also, why were there no ferrings or twinborn in the original trilogy?

Not sure about the first question, but the reason that there were no twinborn was because the Lord Ruler controlled the breeding of the Terris people with an iron first, not allowing them to intermingle with anyone who could be born with Allomantic powers.  He didn't want to take the chance of creating an equal.

• Chaos locked this topic