Ask Yata Anything!

Yata

Speaking of high imperial?

What are your opinions on people who read spoilers of books they are going to read on purpose?

Factotum is a latin word mean something like "handyman" therefore maybe it's better Handyspren XD

About the spoilers matter, I think they are very masochists. More if is something you love to read (or watch). It's the reason why I'm suffering every day because SoS isn't ready in my language and I can't go to the Cosmere forum easly without notice some bit of Spoiler in the Topic's name  :angry: .

Some people only get more interested in books after reading spoilers. While it may take away the pleasure of re-reading, I wouldn't say it makes it worse to read the books for the first time.

And your english seems good enough to read it in the original language, why don't you do it? It is what I did for Warbreaker, all of SA and all mistborn books after the first.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

Some people only get more interested in books after reading spoilers. While it may take away the pleasure of re-reading, I wouldn't say it makes it worse to read the books for the first time.

I know, my girlfriend for example. She read the final pages of the book before begin it. She say that "motivate her" but to me it's quite madness XD

And your english seens good enough to read it in the original language, why don't you do it? It is what I did for Warbreaker, all of SA and all mistborn books after the first.

You are not the first to tell me that. And I am preparing to read SoS in english but before I have to wait a friend who is reading White Sand now. He is the only Brandon's reader that I know outside the forum and we often read the Cosmere book in the same days to have someone with we can talk about it. :D

You are not the first to tell me that. And I am preparing to read SoS in english but before I have to wait a friend who is reading White Sand now. He is the only Brandon's reader that I know outside the forum and we often read the Cosmere book in the same days to have someone with we can talk about it. :D

I envy you. I lost count of how long I've been trying to convert my friends, sometimes I feel I am the only Sanderfan in Brazil.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

I am Italian ;-)

I envy you. I lost count of how long I've been trying to convert my friends, sometimes I feel I am the only Sanderfan in Brazil.

To be honest it's quite oddly, me and this friend of mine didn't see each other from years. Only a couple of meeting within the train while we was going to the University.

But from random reason we discovered that we are reading the same books at the same time, first A Song of Ice and Flame and after The Wheel of Time.
After finished WoT I searched other work of Brandon Sanderson and I found Mistborn, after read it. I persuaded this friend of mine to read it. Then I discovered about the Cosmere (quite casually to be honest) because I didn't understand a detail of HoA.

And after 3 months a read all the Cosmere-work avaliable XD (and of course my friend become Cosmere-addicted like myself).

Edited by Yata

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

@Yata

What is your favorite food?

My Favorite food is Pizza, yeah a bit a stereotype.

If you had to go to battle against an army of super intelligent groundhogs which cosmere character would you want at your side?

Probably Vasher with his new army the Kalad's Squirrels.

What is your favorite mythological weapon?

This it is hard, but I always loved the Odin's Spear Gungnir...It's related to a story I was working on.

How many books on average can you read in a month?

Usually 3-4 in a Month but now I am not reading at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2017 at 3:06 AM, Yata said:

This it is hard, but I always loved the Odin's Spear Gungnir...It's related to a story I was working on.

I read that as Odium's Spear Gungnir and was very confused....

Also, how do you discover Brandon and the 17th Shard?

How long have you known how to speak English? Was it difficult to learn?

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Also, how do you discover Brandon and the 17th Shard?

I discovered Brandon thanks to the Wheel of Time, after reading WoT I searched other story wrote by him.

For how I discovered the Shard is a bit more complex, there was a scene in the Mistborn's trilogy that made no sense for me. So I searched on Internet and I discovered the Coppermind and the Cosmere...from one of the Coppermind's page I arrived on a Shard's page here...and so my story begin.

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

How long have you known how to speak English? Was it difficult to learn?

Well I studied English at school from 6 (now I am 27 years old). Of course the School's English is....well not really useful so I started to actual learn English probably from 15 thanks to Internet and videogames.

English is not a difficult language to learn, it's structure is quite simple and rather my own language it's really harder....Of course I keep making a lot of error in English and my spoken English is awful because I have no chance to improve it in everyday life

Edited by Yata