Shadows of Shipping

Kobold King

Can we ship Aradel and Marasi? I've forgotten whether he has a wife or not. Or what his age is.

I'm reasonably sure he's married - He talks about a woman who'll be the death of him.  The one who switched his cigars for a note reminding him he has a banana in his office.  

I enjoyed the heck out of seeing MeLaan, and she is indeed awesome.  But when it comes to her and Wayne I got more of an impression of, "aww, what an adorable and clever little puppy!  I think I'll play with him for a while!"  ;)

Can I ship Steris with all of the people? Or SterisxSteris?

Seriously, damnation. I liked her in Alloy of Law, but Shadows of Self has propelled her to... one of my favorite characters from the Cosmere, period.

Once again you and I agree 100% on who best character is. I'm currently aboard the Sterax/Waxeris ship.

As for Wayne, I currently agree with ScottLeft in that I hope he winds up with Shai. I mean, think about it, Wayne having a small case full of stamps just to be used on his hat, so that he doesn't need to trade for new ones. Of course, he'd still trade his clothing and personal belongings, but the image of him ducking behind a corner to stamp his hat is wonderful.

Once again you and I agree 100% on who best character is. I'm currently aboard the Sterax/Waxeris ship.

As for Wayne, I currently agree with ScottLeft in that I hope he winds up with Shai. I mean, think about it, Wayne having a small case full of stamps just to be used on his hat, so that he doesn't need to trade for new ones. Of course, he'd still trade his clothing and personal belongings, but the image of him ducking behind a corner to stamp his hat is wonderful.

One of these books has to end with the big twist being that Steris figured everything out beforehand and didn't just tell Wax what to do so he could have an adventure. The next book with (hopefully) her on the cover sounds more like a treasure hunt, so that means less to no civillians at risk. :ph34r:

I dunno, given that she's essentially a master thief I don't think Shai would have a good influence on Wayne and the guy already comes too close to a death wish at times already.

I could see Wayne and MeLaan having a great buddy relationship. I don't think Wayne is shipping material really. He needs a lot of internal fixing up.

I do think both Wayne and Marasi don't want Wax to marry Steris because they think there is no love/emotion between them. I think that was true and frankly what Wax wanted at the start. He had emotional PTSD from shooting Lessie. I also think that Wax has started to grow fonder of Steris as time has passed. He has started to defend her to them and is begining to appreciate the heart baring honesty she has shown him.

The whole scene in the carriage where he is telling her about the loan at the bank is him giving her some of that soul baring back. He can't really talk to Wayne or Marasi about how he feels like he is a relic and that maybe that the whole loan story was more about poking his uncle rather than him being noble trying to save the poor guy. And his response to Steris at the party seemed to show a growing affection and perhaps a certain level of appreciation for her efforts to please him by trying to grow herself.

Edited by GoddessIMHO

Can I ship Steris with all of the people? Or SterisxSteris?

Seriously, damnation. I liked her in Alloy of Law, but Shadows of Self has propelled her to... one of my favorite characters from the Cosmere, period.

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/3686-steris-appreciation-thread

I made that thread over two years ago.  Steris the best girl in Alloy of Law.  I'm still trying to argue her as a tsundere, but some people complain that she hasn't gone "dere" enough yet, also, some people in that thread confusedly thought that tsunderes have to be violent, which isn't correct.

Still shipping her with Wax, even if she's better than he deserves.

Besides the Wayne/MeLaan interaction, which was primarily non-romanic, none of the other characters really had much interaction in Shadows of Self that made me want to actually ship them at all.  Wayne and Marasi worked together in a few places, but none of it was interesting.

Edited by Cheese Ninja

• Chaos locked this topic