You know who I want to be a worldhopper?

Platysaur

Wayne. Wayne has got to be one of my top characters in the Cosmere. Dalinar and Wayne are up there for me. I know this is kind of a silly discussion and may not add a lot, but I think that there's lots of potential. It would be hilarious to have some sort of subtle cameo in Roshar where he's disguised as someone else or someone gets really confused by a speed bubble.

Maybe Wayne would go around collecting accents and clothing. Seems like the thing he'd do if he could worldhop. What do you all think?

The moment I read your title, I thought "...Wayne".

Yeah, with his insight into people, it would be great.

I just want Wayne and MeLaan Worldhopping around the Cosmere, meeting people.  They don't even really have to do anything.  

The moment I read your title, I thought "...Wayne".

Yeah, with his insight into people, it would be great.

I just want Wayne and MeLaan Worldhopping around the Cosmere, meeting people.  They don't even really have to do anything.  

Yeah, both strike me as fun-loving and energetic. That can at least be said about Wayne. There seems to be some chemistry between MeLaan and Wayne interestingly enough, so I could see them worldhopping around together.

Honestly I would not be surprised if this ended up becoming a reality. Of all Brandon's work, I am least versed in Mistborn, so I'm unsure if there's a way he could effectively become immortal or worldhop with his current powers. However, after the release of SoS I've seen many people ask if Harmony can turn a willing person into a kandra, which could solve the aging problem, and if he becomes an agent of Harmony I could definitely see him using his shardpool to traverse the cosemere, causing all sorts of shenanigans. 

Stormlight Archive Spoiler

Everytime I read WoR, there's a scene where Shallan is talking with Bluth and she notes his hat:

Today he wore a hat that was entirely too stylish for him-dusty white, with a brim that folded upward at the sides

It's weird to me that she notes his hat, because it's a minor but vivid detail. Brandon doesn't usually put things in without meaning... However, I don't think Wayne IS Bluth. Maybe instead Wayne traded his lucky hat to Bluth because he needed a Rosharian hat?

Thinking about it, isn't there some hat based shenanigans in Warbreaker too...?

"I can see it's a hat, Parlin. Where did you get it?"

"The man in the market said they're very popular."

Seems like the kind of thing Wayne would do. Not to mention the fact that Parlin does seem to run into some "bad luck" once he's gotten rid of the hat...

Wayne is probably my favorite Sanderson character and would love to see him as a worldhopper. I agree I would gladly read a book with just him and MeLaan traveling and collecting hats. I wonder what he would consider a fair trade for a fabrial? A lovely leaf he found and brought to Roshar? 

Wasn't there a scene with Wayne and MeLaan discussing immortality? Wayne saying he wanted to die someday and about never finishing a race or something like that. Possible foreshadowing? He would make a badass Kandra with his natural abilities. 

Wayne is probably my favorite Sanderson character and would love to see him as a worldhopper. I agree I would gladly read a book with just him and MeLaan traveling and collecting hats. I wonder what he would consider a fair trade for a fabrial? A lovely leaf he found and brought to Roshar? 

Wasn't there a scene with Wayne and MeLaan discussing immortality? Wayne saying he wanted to die someday and about never finishing a race or something like that. Possible foreshadowing? He would make a badass Kandra with his natural abilities. 

And once again, let us not forget that MeLaan has seemed to take a liking to Wayne!

Lets not forget, however, the chronology of the books:

http://coppermind.net/wiki/Chronology

Ergo, without the use of time travel (which I guess looks kind of possible considering how many time-altering metals there are)- if Wayne were a worldhopper, his appearances thus far would be without Melaan (as they only just met in SoS).

The race analogy, though, does seem to draw connotations to the story Hoid told Kaladin (about the guy who raced against the stormfather)- and the two did get to share some time on the carriage in SoS...

Not to mention, he's the only one who refers to "The God Beyond" in scadrial, right? And that god is worshipped on multiple shardworlds, so...

Ergo, without the use of time travel (which I guess looks kind of possible considering how many time-altering metals there are)- if Wayne were a worldhopper, his appearances thus far would be without Melaan (as they only just met in SoS).

The race analogy, though, does seem to draw connotations to the story Hoid told Kaladin (about the guy who raced against the stormfather)- and the two did get to share some time on the carriage in SoS...

Not to mention, he's the only one who refers to "The God Beyond" in scadrial, right? And that god is worshipped on multiple shardworlds, so...

HA! I knew it! Wayne is one of Hoid's apprentices! Sigzil got the wisdow, he got the madness.

Great point! Although...We know Hoid can travel forward in time and although we haven't seen him travel backwards it may be possible. Is this a an inherit ability for Hoid or Worldhoppers? I have no idea any of this makes sense probably just wishful thinking. 

Lessie says "God Beyond" in the SoS prologue.

True, but

[warning! big spoilers ahead!] 

we also learn that Lessie is actually

Paalm (ie: Bleeder)

by the end of the book- who has seen or has gone to otherworldly stuff, hence how she got

the mysterious spike from another shardholder

Ergo, the fact that Lessie uses the curse as well doesn't prove that it's a traditional scadrian curse.

Edited by Unodus

True, but

[warning! big spoilers ahead!] 

we also learn that Lessie is actually

Paalm (ie: Bleeder)

by the end of the book- who has seen or has gone to otherworldly stuff, hence how she got

the mysterious spike from another shardholder

Ergo, the fact that Lessie uses the curse as well doesn't prove that it's a traditional scadrian curse.

Yeah, however, she says it in the prologue. It was the first (well, second) time Wax met her, when Wayne was still called a "boy", a time before she got her mysterious gift.

Wayne could have picked it from her. Also, the utter lack of reaction from other characters to this expression makes me believe it's not that uncommon.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Wayne worldhopper. I think he's my favourite Cosmere character.

Edited by Sera

Yeah, however, she says it in the prologue. It was the first (well, second) time Wax met her, when Wayne was still called a "boy", a time before she got her mysterious gift.

Wayne could have picked it from her. Also, the utter lack of reaction from other characters to this expression makes me believe it's not that uncommon.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Wayne worldhopper. I think he's my favourite Cosmere character.

It's really strange for Paalm to say it when she is a kandra, I mean she serves Harmony, she should just say Harmony right?

• Chaos locked this topic