17S Mistborn Adventure Game!

Mckeedee123

When we looted the Convoy, did that include the convoy? Perhaps we could re-purpose it into a "traveling caravan" for a stage performance, since we'll be needing a quick getaway (Do we have horses?)

To initiate the plan, I propose that DenPei and Kady (as the members with the highest charm) visit the estate- posing as the owners of the caravan, and give out invitations to the show to all the lords. This'd give us the opportunity to scope out and learn a little about the nobles (ie: who's in charge), as well as give us a general idea of the layout of the building.

In the meantime, the rest of us focus on: Guarding the exposed entrance, modifying the convoy so it appears more like a stage (and can be used to escape quickly), and finding costumes (both for preforming and for Wilors Nobleman disguise).

Would it take an action to send a message to the leader of the rebellion about what we're planning?

Kady looked over the plantation and flashed his irrepressible grin, "Brothers!" he announced, gesturing dramatically, "Behold how we shall feed the armies of liberation! Let us claim this plantation for the people, and we shall see how much more easily the land shall yield its gains when those gains are going not into the bloated coffers of our powdered masters, but into the hands of those who work the land!"

Kady looked over the plantation and flashed his irrepressible grin, "Brothers!" he announced, gesturing dramatically, "Behold how we shall feed the armies of liberation! Let us claim this plantation for the people, and we shall see how much more easily the land shall yield its gains when those gains are going not into the bloated coffers of our powdered masters, but into the hands of those who work the land!"

Does that mean you agree with the plan I've proposed? Deciding a goal is one thing, deciding a strategy is another... :V

Does that mean you agree with the plan I've proposed? Deciding a goal is one thing, deciding a strategy is another... :V

OOC: It didn't look like your outlining of the plan was in chracter so I didn't want to respond to it in character yet. But I agree with the plan, and Kady will get excited because he once saw some Skaa players maintained by a noble, and always wanted to try his hand at that. However, I would suspect we'd need some very clear documentation indicating we have permission from both a noble patron and the Steel Ministry to be travelling Skaa players, and even then I get the impression that such a thing would be an oddity in the Final Empire. Do we have a forger?

As for horses, I don't think any of us took a horse as one of our props, but if we temporarily have a caravan taken from a raid, it should include horses. We may have to spend some actions altering it to fit the disguise, however, else we'll get murdered because the carts have Canton of Resources or the sigil of the recently robbed Noble house on them..

Edited by Kadrok

Ok, nobodies said anything in a while- would it be better if I assigned people stuff to do?

I'll take charge of sorting out guarding the exposed exit, I guess

Kammererite, since Arsenowick has high physique & wits- why don't you take charge of doing up the convoy? We'll need it to be flashy enough for a show (trapdoors would be helpful), but fast enough for a getaway. If we need materials, we could ask the local warlord if he wants to trade.

Maill, that leaves you with the job of getting some fancy clothes. If you can find a nobleman nobodies going to recognize or miss, assassinate him, then give the body to DenPai so he can use it for the infiltration- but keep the clothes for your own disguise for later on.

Is that alright with everyone?

I think I gave you a job earlier? :V

You and Kady (as the charmyiest crewmen around) are to visit the estate, impersonating caravan owners, in order to personally invite the man we're going to kidnap. Nobles will be less likely to refuse if given a discount from the owner of a business if pushed. I'll let you two decide the specifics on how you're going to convince them to come. This'd also give you an opportunity to learn about the estate and the relationships between the noble we'll kidnap and his fellows.

Ideally, you'd leave after Wilor has given you a body to use (assuming you're not impersonating someone already?)
On the offchance that Wilor fails to do so, you could use the body of a crow instead and pretend to be Kadys tamed bird or something.

Right, I forgot about that. :ph34r: I doubt that we are just keeping a sludge of muscles around, do he'd be likely impersonating someone but I'm not sure if we can just establish who that is or if there are some kind of limits for that and I doubt they'd let an animal wander around freely at the estate, at least at this point.

Arsenowick approaches the raided caravan with the warord Kleg. He surveys the carriages thoughtfully as plan coming to mind; a vision of what this caravan might  become. Raseed said to make it flashy, and i think i know just the thing. Arsenowick turns to Kleg. "I' am going to be needing some fabric, something colorful. Infact the more colours the better. Oh and i am going to need to borrow some carpentry tool. Can we mange that? We can talk about the horse after I get this set up."  Aresnowick, hopes into the back of one of the three carriages. i think will put a trap door right here.

OCC: Action: acquire colour full fabric and carpentry tools. (do i roll this or does Mckeedee).

I intend to burn gold topick up additona skills as a carpenter to help disguise the caravan but at 10 minuents a charge i can't do the entire caravan as an expert, any thoughts.

Edited by Kammererite

Ooc: to my knowledge I could be wrong. If mckeedee determines does material are not readily available the I will need to take a reasource Challange. Mckeedee will set a difficulty 1 being a simple task and 5 being very hard. I then roll my reasource plus modifies for traits and conditions (I don't think I have any applicable here). If I meet or exceed the difficulty via doubles on the dice. Then I get the items and loose one reasource standing. If I do not make the difficulty, bad stuff can happen and I lose one resource regardless....a more detailed explanation can be found in the primer. It's a free Doenload on crafty games website

Edited by Kammererite

Me, but I'll just use what Unodus said.  "Maill, that leaves you with the job of getting some fancy clothes. If you can find a nobleman nobodies going to recognize or miss, assassinate him, then give the body to DenPai so he can use it for the infiltration- but keep the clothes for your own disguise for later on."

I'll spend the turn covering the exposed entrance with small boulders and ferns with the help of a few skaa so that the cave entrance is less obvious- and then I'll take first watch, since I'm assuming I've got the best accuracy with the bow. If anyone gets too close to the caves and starts investigating, I'll shoot them with an arrow (hopefully to cripple quietly rather than kill) then bring them inside the cave. Anyone who gets caught rather than killed will have no choice but to join our skaa once their recovered.

Will that work as an action..?

So the reason I haven't moved on yet is because I'm not sure if everyone has posted actions yet. I've seen some RPing that could count as actions, but there's also a lot of stuff that seems implied but not definitively stated.

Despite what I said earlier, it would probably be easiest if we just had everybody declare their definitive actions in the group PM to make sure we can keep track of everything.

Anyway, so far I have:

-Kady scouting the plantation (right?) (we'll do a Wits challenge of 2, with each level of Outcome representing the amount of information gained)

-Unodus disguising the cave entrance (Another Wits challenge, this time of 1, which represents how much time has been gained.)

-Kammemerite buying cloth and tools (I initially misinterpreted your actions as looting the caravan, but yes, that's a Resource 2 roll)

-Edgedancer finding a body to impersonate (?)

-Maill establishing himself as a noble (?)

The length of this beat is one night, by the way.

Edited by Mckeedee123

OOC - I thought Kady was hanging out with Maill, since we're so charming. I guess Kady can play Maill's bodyguard? I'm also cool to do some scouting of the territory if Maill wants to head out alone. Wits 5 will put me in good stead to make the difficulty of 2, and I'd like to suggest that my 'Tactical Genius' trait also applies, given how much of tactics is assessing the lay of the land. With that approved I'll have 6 dice which has an 81% chance of succeeding at a Wits 2 Challenge (according to the table on page 454 of the core book).

EDIT: Wow, did everyone but me and the Kandra treat Charm as a dump stat?!

Edited by Kadrok

ooc: It would appear we did Kadrok. I think the scarier thing is in the entire party we have no influence above 3. but we all seem to have good wits, with every one is 5+ except for Undus, who is the only one with strong standings. Should lead to some interesting options.

OOC - I was actually going to throw pretty much all my upgrades behind Standings, especially influence, from here on out. I've envisioned Kady as becoming a kind of rebel leader... I'd've started with Strong standings but by doing it this way everything is pretty much at the level I want it already which means I can now focus on building standings which is what I want to do narratively.