Crew:-

Concept:Shamed Kandra
Tragedy:Forced to permanently impersonate a pet

Destiny:Regain honor through fulfilling of problematic contract

*Traits*

-Drive: Regaining honor

-Profession: Servant
  -Specialty impersonating animals

-Feature: Tendency to properly align things, for example picture frames and the like (This may need some help to be worded better but I hope it gets the idea across.)

-Personality: Reserved, Deadpan

*Magic*

Mimicry 5, Blessing of Presence (+2 Wits)

*Attributes (13) and Standings*(9)

-Physique:4

-Charm:6

-Wits:3+2=5

-Resources:2

-Influence:3

-Spirit:4

-Health:6

-Willpower:9

Props:

Spyglass

Rope and Grapple

Kady (Kadrok):

Name: Kady

Crew: Cobalt Mists(?)
Concept: Skaa Revolutionary

Tragedy: There is only freedom for the Skaa in places of danger and distress, and only for the strong.
Destiny: Bring about wide social change.

Traits
Drive: Free the people!
Profession: Ex-Soldier
Specialty: Tacticial Genius

Feature: Winning smile
Personality: Energetic

Attributes
Physique: 4
Charm: 4
Wits: 5

Standings
Resources: 3
Influence: 3
Spirit: 3

Resiliences

Health: 7
Willpower: 8

Powers
Allomancy

Pewter 5

-Extreme Speed

Props
Sword - Damage: +2; Range: Touch/Striking
Leather Armour - absorbs 1 damage from physical attacks
Misting Vial - contains 3 charges of Pewter

Ruseed Konsue (Unodus):

Name: Ruseed Konsue 
Crew: Cobalt Mists..? (I'm assuming all the players will be in the same crew :V)
Concept: Resistance Sniper
Tragedy: Parents & Elder Brother were captured by the Inquisition and executed for treason. 
Destiny: Ensure the Resistances Survival 
*Traits*
  -Drive: Support Sister
  -Profession: Archer
  -Specialty: Accuracy (with bow & thrown items)
  -Feature: Colorblind
  -Personality: Idealist, Always Curious
*Magic*
 Bronze (Seeker) [5]
Stunt: Subconscious Seeking
*Weak Attributes and Strong Standings*
  -Physique: 4 
  -Charm: 2
  -Wits: 3
  -Resources: 6
  -Influence: 2
  -Spirit: 5
  -Health: 10
  -Willpower:8
Props: Longbow with Stone Arrows; Hooded Cape (disguise); Long Rope (no grapple); Iron Ring, Vial of Bronze (3 charges) [6]

Ruseed Konsue was born and raised in the resistance caves, descended from a line of rebel Mistings who were forced into hiding. From an early age, Ruseed learned to hunt with a longbow in the local area with his elder brother to support the Rebel community.  As he approached adolescence, Ruseeds mother, father, and brother were captured by the inquisition when trying to hijack a passing grain shipment, leaving Ruseed and his younger sister to fend for themselves.
To support his younger sister, Ruseed joined a thieving crew to earn a living while simultaneously opposing the tyranny of the Final Empire for the Resistance.

Wilor Zerrung (Mailliw):

Name: Wilor Zerrung
Concept: Destitute Noble
Tragedy: His father, Larius, was killed in front of him by a skaa. 
Destiny: Get revenge on the nobility
*Traits*
-Drive: Get revenge on the nobility
-Profession: pickpocket
-Specialty: Knife Fighting
-Feature: Always has a knife at his waist
-Personality: Paranoid
*Magic*
-Iron Allomancy +5. Stunt: Multiple Targets
*Attributes(13) and Standings(9)*
-Physique: 6
-Wits: 5
-Resources: 4
-Influence: 3
-Spirit: 2
-Willpower: 7
Props:
A knife with a sheath
Leather Breastplate
Wooden Mask
Metal Vial

Arsenowick (Kammemerite):

Name: Arsenowick 

Crew:Cobalt Mists

Concept: Disgraced Hazekiller
Tragedy: Let sister be was sold into slavery

Destiny: Abolish Slavery

*Traits*

-Drive: Avenge Family’s honor

-Profession: Hazekiller
  -Specialty: Shield Fighting

-Feature: Constantly playing with the ring on his hand.

-Personality: Thoughtful

*Magic*

-Gold (5) - Hindsight

*Attributes (Strong) and Standings (Weak)*

-Physique: 5

-Wits: 6

-Influence:2

-Spirit:3

-Health:9

Props

Dueling Cane

Large wooden sheid (2 props)

1 misting vial of gold (three charges)

Edited by Mckeedee123

Wow! this game could bring new depth and meaning to my life! Sign me up! :3

Seriously though, I've been wanting to play MAG ever since I heard about it, but can't afford to buy it. I'd need to be shown the rules, but I'd be interested in giving the game a try.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the boundarys for our characters backgrounds? Specifically, can we choose our stats- or is that decided via dice rolls? I've got a few character ideas, although I'm not entirely sure how much control I have. Do the players simply need to be in a group focused on a common goal, or do they all need to come from a similar background? :B

Wow! this game could bring new depth and meaning to my life! Sign me up! :3

Seriously though, I've been wanting to play MAG ever since I heard about it, but can't afford to buy it. I'd need to be shown the rules, but I'd be interested in giving the game a try.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the boundarys for our characters backgrounds? Specifically, can we choose our stats- or is that decided via dice rolls? I've got a few character ideas, although I'm not entirely sure how much control I have. Do the players simply need to be in a group focused on a common goal, or do they all need to come from a similar background? :B

Well, it depends on where we end up. In Luthadel, things would be more conservative (so, say, Inquisitor Axes are definitely off-limits,) but in the Remote Dominance, nobody cares.

I wouldn't worry about stats right now, other than to say that they're basically just power, charisma, and intelligence on different scales.

No, the "crew" doesn't have to be homogeneous, though that's also situational. If you were playing as, say, a noble house, homogeneity would make sense. Also, on't forget that Kandra are playable! I always do.  :)

Edited by Mckeedee123

Alright. So where do you want to start? Here's the various regions, according to the MAG and my worldbuilding:

-Central Dominance- already talked about so much in the books I don't feel any need to expound. Culture: Mixed

-Western Dominance- A series of highlands. Was home to the Cenni Culture prior to The Ascension. It has a strong polytheistic religious  tradition which was only partially destroyed by the Final Empire. Culture: unique

-Northern Dominance- Also mostly highlands. Very industrial. Similar to the Central Dominance but dominated by the Ventures. Culture: German

-Eastern Dominance- A dry, flat, wasteland, very rich in metals. The Final Empire has a strong military presence on the Seran Lakes to try and counter bandits from the Outer Dominances here. Culture: French

-Southern Dominance- A fertile, breadbasket region. Dominated by large plantations. House Hasting is very powerful here. Culture: Italian

-Farmost Dominance- A rugged region of forests and mountains. There are plenty of unincorporated settlements here holding the detritus of society. The Final Empire considers them "bandits" and Koloss are let relatively loose to destroy them. Culture: gaelic

-Terris Dominance- Also mountainous, and relatively free. The nobles who "rule" the Terris pastoralists can't kill them on a whim, they just sort of collect taxes. The breeding programs consist of a large group of soldiers and obligators that come through the villages every few months to check that things are going well. Culture: unique

-Crescent  Dominance- A desert region of sandy plains and rugged rock formations. Bandits are common here, and many of them claim to rule as independent kings. Culture: arab.

-Remote Dominance- A hot, forested, region. The main trade is in furs, which are shipped back up to Magora and then into the main Empire. Slekh Pirates operate from out of this Dominance, and Koloss are set loose to deal with them. Culture: russian.

-Southern Islands- An archipelago set in a hot, stormy sea. The three main islands (from northwest to southeast) are Soro, Castiya, and Magora. The ocean trade is plagued with pirate cabals. It generates lots of luxury goods, and is the only region of the Empire that is both prosperous and relatively free from Imperial rule. The individual Houses dominate instead. Culture: spanish colonial.

And here's the format for characters, Joe:

Name:

Crew:

Concept:
Tragedy:

Destiny:
*Traits*

-Drive:

-Profession:
  -Specialty

-Feature:

-Personality:

-Additional traits:

*Magic*

-Put any metals here, along with your points in those metals.

*Attributes and Standings*

-Physique:

-Charm:

-Wits:

-Resources:

-Influence:

-Spirit:

-Health:

-Willpower:

Props:

Edited by Mckeedee123

I might be interested in this. I wouldn't have time for another full blown RP but if it's mostly pm actions then I can do that. I'm also one of the people with no acces to the rules.

Also the area dominated by the Ventures is mostly german? That... kind of explains why Elend's and Straff's names are german words. :mellow:

Edited by Edgedancer

Name: Joel (Tormander)

Crew: Whatever

Concept: Undercover Noble.
Tragedy: Sister killed by Obligators when it was discovered she was a Halfblood.

Destiny: Overthrow the Balance.
*Traits*

-Drive: Equality for Skaa/Noble

-Profession: Investigator
  -Specialty: Interogation (Passiveand Active)

-Feature: Left-Handed

-Personality: Talkative, outgoing

-Additional traits:

Zinc (Rioter)

Props:

Bottle of WIne

Fake bottle of Wine (Water)

Quills and Parchment

Joel Tormander and his Half-sister Kliss were raised in the lap of Luxury, until it was found out that That while they shared a Mother, their Fathers were different. Kliss's mother and Father were both put to death, leaving Joel and his Father, Hyrun Tormander, to Live for themselves. Both took it incredibly hard, as Kliss had been the spirit of the family, always able to cheer up others, and see the best in everyone.

Joel especially looked up to his older sister, and after finding out she was half-skaa, lost all faith in the Balance, the inherent superiority of Nobility. He swore to bring Equality to the Empire, preferably through Peaceful means, but he's willing to get his hands dirty if necassary.

Do we fill out that whole form, Mek? 

Yep. Everything on there is going to come into play at some point, though the effects of Tragedy and Destiny are a bit more vague than the others... I'll shoot you a PM explaining what it all means.

Edited by Mckeedee123

I asked Mek this and he said to bring it up here: Are we all going to be part of the same crew or how do we want to do this?

I'd say with the numbers we have right now, one crew seems preferable, although it would also need some kind of cohesion for our characters. By the way, anyone interested in hiring a Kandra? :ph34r:

I'd say with the numbers we have right now, one crew seems preferable, although it would also need some kind of cohesion for our characters.

-A group of mercenaries hired to defend a Great House's operations in the Remote Dominance?

-A thieving crew trying to accomplish... something specific? (+kandra)

-A pack of fugitives who escaped from an imperial labor camp? (+kandra)

-A group of "bandits" in the far Eastern Dominance?

Edited by Mckeedee123

Here's my character:

*Traits*

-Profession: Child noble, then pickpocket

-Feature: Always has two knives at his waist

-Personality: Paranoid, but loyal.

-Additional traits:

*Magic*

-Resources: 5

-Health: 11

Props:

Two knives, with sheaths

Leather Breastplate

Wooden Mask

Metal Vial

-Resources: 5

MAG caps the ratings for Weak Standings at 4, so the highest you can put Resources is 4 (MAG page 103; unless the host has changed that and I missed that post...). Maybe go 4/3/2 instead of 5/2/2?

EDIT: Just by the way. Sorry, I can butt out. But I've played a fair bit of MAG so I thought I'd chime in here and there to help... only if you guys want.

Edited by Kadrok

Name:DenPei

Crew:-

Concept:Shamed Kandra
Tragedy:Forced to permanently impersonate a pet

Destiny:Regain honor through fulfilling of problematic contract

*Traits*

-Drive: Regaining honor

-Profession: Servant
  -Specialty impersonating animals

-Feature: Tendency to properly align things, for example picture frames and the like (This may need some help to be worded better but I hope it gets the idea across.)

-Personality: Reserved, Deadpan

*Magic*

Mimicry 5, Blessing of Presence (+2 Wits)

*Attributes (13) and Standings*(9)

-Physique:4

-Charm:6

-Wits:3+2=5

-Resources:2

-Influence:3

-Spirit:4

-Health:6

Props:

Spyglass

Rope and Grappel

(Although the Standings may have to be adapted Edit: and adapted)

Joe, if the Kandra is working for Joel, as what kind of person would he have him pose?

Edited by Edgedancer

MAG caps the ratings for Weak Standings at 4, so the highest you can put Resources is 4 (MAG page 103; unless the host has changed that and I missed that post...). Maybe go 4/3/2 instead of 5/2/2?

EDIT: Just by the way. Sorry, I can butt out. But I've played a fair bit of MAG so I thought I'd chime in here and there to help... only if you guys want.

No, that's fine. Great, in fact. I've played the game before, but only with people who've never read the guidebook themselves.  :mellow:

I just want to pop in and point out to those that are considering playing that you can buy a digital version (PDF) of the MAG for $15, iirc. Well worth every penny. In addition to getting the rules for playing the game, you also get:

- "The Eleventh Metal"- a short prequel story written by Brandon that gives you a peek at Kelsier shortly after the pits.

-LOTS of excellent artwork by Ben McSweeny. All of his main character depictions are dead on except for Elend (IMO).

-The treatise Metallurgic section of course has all the game-rules for the metallic arts, but is also an excellent resource for reminding yourself about things like which feruchemical metal lets you store nutrition and which metal lets you hemallurgically steal mental allomantic powers and etc.

-The third section of the book, "Always Another Secret" is an incredibly useful resource for anyone who ever wants to GM an RPG game, whether using the MAG's system or a different one.

-The whole book is peppered with suggestions and tips from Brandon himself. He had a lot of input in the game and how it works and it shows.

Personally I think the book is a must have for any serious Mistborn/Brandon fan, even if you never play the game.

Or you can just let McKeeDee tell you the rules. It's up to you. ;)

No, that's fine. Great, in fact. I've played the game before, but only with people who've never read the guidebook themselves.  :mellow:

Wicked. In that case, may I add the following:

@Mailliw73: Your Profession and Personality traits are both currently... actually two traits each. You don't have to capture your character's whole professional history or whole personality in the one trait. If I were you I'd go "Pickpocket" (or even the slightly broader "Thief") for Profession, and either "Paranoid" or "Loyal" for personality (with their background as a Child Noble and the personality trait you don't take being part of the backstory).

Basically, the way the traits work, they benefit (or penalize, though that's rarely happened in games I've played) you in situations in which the trait is relevant. Having "Child noble, then pickpocket" is basically having "Child Noble" and "Pickpocket" traits for the price of one, which is not how the traits are supposed to work. I suggested Pickpocket or Thief, both because they're more reflective of your character's present situation, and because they're likely to give you a better mechanical benefit in game. Does that makes sense?

Hero, where do you buy that?

Oh okay, I'll adjust the form. Does this work?

*Traits*

*Magic*

Props:

A knife with a sheath

Leather Breastplate

Wooden Mask

Metal Vial

Is there a way for him to get another knife?

Edited by Mailliw73

Oh okay, I'll adjust the form. Does this work?

*Traits*

-Additional traits: Loyal

*Magic*

Props:

A knife with a sheath

Leather Breastplate

Wooden Mask

Metal Vial

Okay, so I'm far from an expert here but I got the impression that those additional traits are either for normal people or earned.

Okay, so I'm far from an expert here but I got the impression that those additional traits are either for normal people or earned.

They are. Additional traits are for when you level up and buy another trait, or for someone who started without powers; non-powered people get two additional traits to make up for not having powers, in addition to the slightly higher stats.

You can buy it from: http://www.crafty-games.com/(Crafty created the game)

or through: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/

EDIT: @Mailletc: Regarding having an additional knife... you can either buy one in game (but that will be lost during a long breather) by rolling resources, or drop one of your props to make room for another one; what's the mask for?

EDIT 2: I'm not sure how detailed I should get on these public forums. I can PM if players have any questions, though your DM McKeeDee should obviously be your first port of call.

Edited by Kadrok

If you start without any powers you get 2 additional traits to make up for it, otherwise you can take additional traits for 4 advancements each during long breathers.

You can buy it from crafty's site. Just scroll down to the second product listed there then select digital edition from the dropdown box.

You can make a resources roll in-game to purchase another knife. It would be a difficulty of 1 so it won't be too hard to do though it wouldn't be a prop and so you'd need a new one after a long breather. Alternatively Mckeedee might let you take 2 knives as a single prop and basically treat them the same as a sword in combat (+2 damage when you use both instead of +1). That's really up to him to decide though :)

@Mckeedee, a quick suggestion: start with only 1 crew and see how much work that turns out as before adding a second. This is from experience as someone who is running multiple crews simultaneously. It can be really cool but it can also be very difficult and time consuming.

Another question that you'll want to think about (if you haven't already) is how you are going to handle dice given 17s's lack of an inbuilt dice roller :( Will you just roll them all yourself irl and post the results?

Edit: Aaand Kad ninja'd me :P

If you make a topic about the MAG there's a small number of people who are almost certain to post in it sooner or later, myself included :P

I too would recommend picking up the digital edition.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord