Lady Truth

KC Hammer

At one point in SoS Wax is listing off some Originators, and he mentions someone called Lady Truth. Who could this have been? The only major women I could think of that survived were Allriane and Beldre. Allriane doesn't really fit the moniker truth, but I can't remember anything about Beldre that would either.

Well aside from the big lie, Beldre is honest with people that's for sure. Allriane is just as much of a manipulator as Breeze is.

On that note, did we know Breeze's first name before, or is it only here that shows he's decided to go by "Edgard Ladrian"?

Perhaps he finally decided to drop that skaa thief act.

Also (less likely) possibilities:
Hammond's wife (forgot her name)
A Kandra (MeLaan or something)
Demoux' Girlfriend (I am very bad at names)

I am very sure, that "Edgard" was never mentionet before in the kontext of Breeze.
And why does the Lord Mistborn have a face that Wax wants to punch?

He doesn't though. Wax barely gave Spook a passing mention. He settled on Breeze immediately, and good ol' "Edgard Ladrian" was as much a manipulative con man as they come. Nice one, but still. Every painting we get has him with his cup seemingly going at his old game of convincing someone to refill his drink.

As his uncle points out, if Wax met the crew he'd probably have them all shot or executed.

Edited by natc

I've not got the book to hand, so I may be wrong.  But was this someone who survived the end? 

Because if not, Tindwyl is a great fit.  She had some pretty harsh truths for some important people in the crew, especially Sazed.  

I thought of her myself, but the Originators are supposed to have been people who survived as far as I know.

I've not got the book to hand, so I may be wrong.  But was this someone who survived the end? 

Because if not, Tindwyl is a great fit.  She had some pretty harsh truths for some important people in the crew, especially Sazed.  

I thought of her myself, but the Originators are supposed to have been people who survived as far as I know.

I'm not sure - I could see an argument that it was broader - the people who ended/saved the world.

Aren't Vin and Elend Originators?  

Bah, I'm going to have to re-read it now.  

Were they? I don't know if I saw them mentioned as such. I don't think it's ever defined specifically, but it does list people who are Originators. I think they always refer to her as the Ascendant Warrior. Poor Elend is just referred to as her husband usually.

I'm not sure - I could see an argument that it was broader - the people who ended/saved the world.

Aren't Vin and Elend Originators?  

Bah, I'm going to have to re-read it now.  

Were they? I don't know if I saw them mentioned as such. I don't think it's ever defined specifically, but it does list people who are Originators. I think they always refer to her as the Ascendant Warrior. Poor Elend is just referred to as her husband usually.

He gets the Last Emperor title too. 

Looking at Alloy though, they do specify that the Originators were the people who survived under the earth and rebuilt society. 

So probably not Tindwyl (although actual context could make her a viable choice) 

So I found the section

He scanned the open foyer, with its murals of the Originators. Hammond, the Lord Mistborn, Lady Truth, Wax’s own ancestor Edgard Ladrian. Portly and self-satisfied, in his portrait he held a cup of wine. He’d always looked like the sort of person Wax would want to punch on sight. The type who was certainly guilty of something.

So definitely looks like someone who survived the end (it specifies Originators).  And, from the text, unlikely to be Allriane - She's also (most likely) Wax's ancestor, but that doesn't get mentioned here.

Two options I see - Beldre, a character who was pretty much defined by her lies, or Demoux's love interest.

I lean towards the latter.  

I think it would have a certain bit of irony to it if Allriane was Lady Truth.  She was actually the first name that jumped to mind for me.  I mean, honestly, Counselor of Gods DOES seem to be a title that Breeze might have created himself, might not his Lady also have the flare for the dramatic?

Well aside from the big lie, Beldre is honest with people that's for sure. Allriane is just as much of a manipulator as Breeze is.

On that note, did we know Breeze's first name before, or is it only here that shows he's decided to go by "Edgard Ladrian"?

Perhaps he finally decided to drop that skaa thief act.

I honestly assumed that Edgard Ladrian was Breeze and Allrianne's son. I can totally see it being Breeze's real name too, though.

• Chaos locked this topic