Has anyone found Hoid yet in SoS?

Crkrs

So that blows my theory that Wayne is Hoid (which I know didn't have much merit, but the personality was fooling me). Thanks for asking because I missed it. Going to have to listen again it takes 2 or 3 times to catch everything!

Bah, Hoid could probably call other people Hoid to mess with them.

But the disguise is so deep there are no hints of it in Wayne's POV. This can only mean one thing:

Sazed turned Hoid into a Kandra.

Why would Hoid spike her? We may not know his goals, but I am pretty sure that they don't involve bringing down Harmony. The Shard who is involved in the attempt has to be either Odium or Autonomy (or both), and he hates them.

Yeah, unless your preferred Trell candidate is neither Odium or Autonomy, I would suggest Hoid would be uninvolved with Paalm. And there's some circumstantial evidence in favour of both Odium and Autonomy, so I think you'd also need to make an argument for your preferred Trell candidate first.

I think it's a little early to say it has to be either Odium or Autonomy. We still only know what, half the Shards? It could have been any of the other half, minus the other one who is dead, so I don't think we should think it set in stone it's one of those two. I mean, neither are even hinted at in the novel, all we actually know is the local name of Trell. 

That being said, I do find Autonomy highly suspect, considering Paalm had this new metal in her body, and was managing to stay autonomous to Harmony...so yeah...

All he'd need is slightly enhanced hearing, considering Wayne could hear Wax from outside the carriage. It doesn't really mention if Wayne could clearly hear what Wax was saying, but he could at least hear Wax's voice and recognize that Wax was having a conversation with another entity (likely an easy guess given Wax's pauses in speech). So if Hoid has access to either allomantic or feruchemic Tin, then I'd say he could definitely listen in if he chose to. And I'd say him having access to either of those Tin abilities isn't much of a stretch, given what we know about him.

Harmony had Wax say everything out loud.  If Hoid was actually there, and had a spike, and if Harmony was so inclined, he could have let Hoid listen in on both sides of the conversation. 

So Odium is VERY unlikely as per Brandon, Odium is actually afraid or at least doesn't want to draw the attention of Saze due to the fact that he has two full shards...

I agree, Autonomy is my preferred candidate for Trell by far. I'm just acknowledging that unlike any of the others, there is arguably some circumstantial evidence for Odium.

We haven't heard of a chasm on Scadrial so Trell isn't Odium

A) There is in fact a "chasm" of sorts on Scadrial, but it's taken - The Pits of Hathsin.  B ) I can think of no evidence for particular shards having chasms rather than Shardpools to mark planets that they are heavily Invested in.  Aside, of course, from the Pits of Hathsin, which was a Preservation-made kludge to stave off Ruin's sudden yet inevitable escape.  

We haven't heard of a chasm on Scadrial so Trell isn't Odium

Seons had also existed long before Elantris fell, IIRC, so Odium should've been long gone by the time the chasm formed.

Yep, as you said, Brandon has implied that Odium didn't cause the Earthquake. Quote follows:

Mi'chelle
I know that you've answered this before, but we don't have citation yet. Was the earthquake caused by Odium's visit to Elantris? You've answered that one before, I believe.

Brandon Sanderson
I don’t know if I have. I think I’ve given implications without a strict, direct answer on that one.

Mi'chelle
And what are the implications, so I can know if I'm thinking of the right answer?

Brandon Sanderson
What do you think I've said?

Mi'chelle
I think you've said, no it isn't.

Brandon Sanderson
The Seons existed before the earthquake.

Mi'chelle
But was the earthquake caused by Odium?

Brandon Sanderson
When Odium visited there were no Seons.
Edited by Ari

He goes a very long way to avoid giving a straight answer there.

My reading of it is that Odium was there before the earthquake, but may have set something in motion that caused the earthquake, after Odium had left. 

Or rather, that Sanderson is unwilling to rule that possibility out.

Edited by Tarion

Slight Stormlight Spoilers:

Can someone remind me of the timeline of Cosmere events? For some reason I am under the impression that AoL took place during Way of Kings, Cosmere time wise anyhow.

If this is true, Hoid traveling to Scadrial and back could explain some of the disappearances Hoid had on Roshar and subsequent off screen absences on Scadrial.

Edited by Teegs

Slight Stormlight Spoilers:

Can someone remind me of the timeline of Cosmere events? For some reason I am under the impression that AoL took place during Way of Kings, Cosmere time wise anyhow.

If this is true, Hoid traveling to Scadrial and back could explain some of the disappearances Hoid had on Roshar and subsequent off screen absences on Scadrial.

I believe a very recent WoB says that AoL takes place slightly after WoK an WoR. I'll see if I can find it.

That's not even an implication, it's a logical fact.

Seons before earthquake.

+

Odium before Seons.

Odium before Seons, before earthquake.

What I imply from that WoB seems to make the most sense, at least in my headcanon:

Seons are splinters of Devotion.  Devotion was not splintered before Odium arrived (because Odium splintered Devotion).  Therefore, Odium indirectly caused Seons to exist, because they were made possible/came about by the splintering of Devotion.

Also, strictly going by this timeline, there is no possible way Odium could have directly caused the earthquake that created the chasm.

EDIT: To clarify that I'm not disagreeing with Argent... just taking the logic a step further.

Edited by vineyarddawg

OK can you please get WoB link to this or is this coming from forum inquiry? Is this guy/girl makes all the AA for Cosmere?

I think someone worked it out from a few different WoBs, I don't know if we have one that directly confirms it. But yeah all the AA were written by the same person.

First came this:

source

WETLANDERNW
In whose voice is the "Ars Arcanum" written? Hoid's?
BRANDON SANDERSON
I've avoided answering that question. It's either Hoid or a member of the Seventeenth Shard. That's as much answer as I'm giving anyone right now.

Then came this:

QUESTION
The Ars Arcanum, is there an in-cosmere author of that?
BRANDON SANDERSON
Yes, it is in cosmere

QUESTION
Because it seems like it'd be written by someone like Hoid.

BRANDON SANDERSON
It's not him. I don't know if I've released who it is; but it's probably not who people are thinking but it is in-world.

Given those two together, we know it's someone of the Seventeenth Shard, and everyone's most popular theory was a gal named Khriss. Then, earlier this year during the Firefight tour, someone asked him if Khriss was the author, yet again, and he finally caved and said yes. I'm not hunting through the Firefight tour threads to find it though (sorry, but I don't have time).

First came this:

source

WETLANDERNW
In whose voice is the "Ars Arcanum" written? Hoid's?
BRANDON SANDERSON
I've avoided answering that question. It's either Hoid or a member of the Seventeenth Shard. That's as much answer as I'm giving anyone right now.

Then came this:

QUESTION
The Ars Arcanum, is there an in-cosmere author of that?
BRANDON SANDERSON
Yes, it is in cosmere

QUESTION
Because it seems like it'd be written by someone like Hoid.

BRANDON SANDERSON
It's not him. I don't know if I've released who it is; but it's probably not who people are thinking but it is in-world.

Given those two together, we know it's someone of the Seventeenth Shard, and everyone's most popular theory was a gal named Khriss. Then, earlier this year during the Firefight tour, someone asked him if Khriss was the author, yet again, and he finally caved and said yes. I'm not hunting through the Firefight tour threads to find it though (sorry, but I don't have time).

I didn't know that he'd confirmed it but I think it was more the one about Nazh working for the AA author that convinced people.

I didn't know that he'd confirmed it but I think it was more the one about Nazh working for the AA author that convinced people.

It was also the WoB that asked if Hoid was the most knowledgeable person in the Cosmere, and Brandon replied that he's not the most knowledgeable, but he's up there, and that Nazh and Khriss were also up there. That got the Nahz and Khriss buzz going, though I think there was some Khriss buzz prior to that too? I don't really know as that predates my entrance into the fandom.

It was also the WoB that asked if Hoid was the most knowledgeable person in the Cosmere, and Brandon replied that he's not the most knowledgeable, but he's up there, and that Nazh and Khriss were also up there. That got the Nahz and Khriss buzz going, though I think there was some Khriss buzz prior to that too? I don't really know as that predates my entrance into the fandom.

I think he said that Khriss was the most knowledgable and that Hoid and Nahz are on about the same level.

I just did a search in theory land for any quotes with Khriss in them. He has not confirmed her as the author but smirks and giggles when it's brought up. And he does say she is the most knowledgable person.

As I said, the WoB is in the group of Firefight tours, which have not all been added to theoryland. The one problem with Theoryland is that someone has to actually go in and add new WoBs, as robots who can add them for us don't exist yet.

Edited by Blaze1616

I wonder how high up there Frost ranks in Cosmere knowledge.

If I remember the WoB correctly, he and Sazed share the position of most knowledgeable non-worldhopper.

Frost probably knows more about Adonalsium and the nature of each shard while Sazed probably knows more about general rules all shards obey and the nature of investiture and Realmatics.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern