Has anyone found Hoid yet in SoS?

Crkrs

I would like to point out that Hoid is more concerned with Cosmere wide happenings, and the Alloy of Law series is a lot more personal to Wax and the city, without too many impacts on the Cosmere as a whole. Hoid did not appear in AoL as far as I know, and the reason to pop up in SoS might be because of Hemalurgy, but I still don't think that Hoid really cares that much about Scadrial at that time.

I would like to point out that Hoid is more concerned with Cosmere wide happenings, and the Alloy of Law series is a lot more personal to Wax and the city, without too many impacts on the Cosmere as a whole. Hoid did not appear in AoL as far as I know, and the reason to pop up in SoS might be because of Hemalurgy, but I still don't think that Hoid really cares that much about Scadrial at that time.

He did pop up in Alloy - look for a wedding and the newlyweds talking to a guy who looks like a beggar.

As for the scope of Era 2 as far as the Cosmere is concerned... I don't know. If we are correct about a new Shard coming over, things could get big.

I disagree. There certainly seems to be outside shardic influence occurring in SoS. I think Hoid wants to be around anytime shards are interacting. 

Indeed it is. Also, I think Hoid is probably particularly interested in Scadrial, given that the resident Shardholder has two Shards and is not someone that Hoid knew before their Ascension. I don't think that's the main reason he's there now, though. It is pretty clear that one or more of the antagonistic Shards has designs on messing things up for Harmony. Hoid would be very interested in getting involved in that. Rayse and Bavadin being the prime suspects, he would be especially interested, considering that he freely admits to having a personal grudge against them.

I would like to point out that, as the entity Bleeder was serving wanted to take down Harmony, the possibility of two shards going down at once is worth looking into. I mean, he is the Cosmere equivalent of a news reporter, and Harmony dying/defeated would certainly be something he'd look into.

Moggle and I were discussing this, and wondering if Hoid was somehow managing to listen in on the conversation between Wax and Harmony.  Another Shard's influence on Scadrial would definitely draw Hoid's interest.  I wonder if Hoid is going to try and steal the spike, or maybe if he's the one who gave it to Paalm?

Why would Hoid spike her? We may not know his goals, but I am pretty sure that they don't involve bringing down Harmony. The Shard who is involved in the attempt has to be either Odium or Autonomy (or both), and he hates them.

The coachman  that Wayne addresses as  "Hoid" is my top suspect.

Like Argent I find this completely untenable as a proposed Hoid-spotting. I think it's quite clear that he was acting in disguise as one of the people in the bar who Wayne makes drinks for. If Hoid was on Scadrial I'm sure the first thing he'd do is make sure he got a free drink somehow.

Why would Hoid spike her? We may not know his goals, but I am pretty sure that they don't involve bringing down Harmony. The Shard who is involved in the attempt has to be either Odium or Autonomy (or both), and he hates them.

I think it's a little early to say it has to be either Odium or Autonomy. We still only know what, half the Shards? It could have been any of the other half, minus the other one who is dead, so I don't think we should think it set in stone it's one of those two. I mean, neither are even hinted at in the novel, all we actually know is the local name of Trell. 

That being said, I do find Autonomy highly suspect, considering Paalm had this new metal in her body, and was managing to stay autonomous to Harmony...so yeah...

Moggle and I were discussing this, and wondering if Hoid was somehow managing to listen in on the conversation between Wax and Harmony. 

All he'd need is slightly enhanced hearing, considering Wayne could hear Wax from outside the carriage. It doesn't really mention if Wayne could clearly hear what Wax was saying, but he could at least hear Wax's voice and recognize that Wax was having a conversation with another entity (likely an easy guess given Wax's pauses in speech). So if Hoid has access to either allomantic or feruchemic Tin, then I'd say he could definitely listen in if he chose to. And I'd say him having access to either of those Tin abilities isn't much of a stretch, given what we know about him.

I think it's a little early to say it has to be either Odium or Autonomy. We still only know what, half the Shards? It could have been any of the other half, minus the other one who is dead, so I don't think we should think it set in stone it's one of those two. I mean, neither are even hinted at in the novel, all we actually know is the local name of Trell. 

We actually got a WoB that it's a Shard we know.

The metal came from a Shard we know as per the recent BYU event.

Edit: Curse you Argent! A pox upon all you hold dear!

Edited by Moogle

On another note, I guess the author seems to be jasnah, from the tone the author talks about Terris as an outsider and familiarity with Roshar.

The AA author has always been Khriss, so I don't see why that would change now.

Khriss is from an unpublished work, if you don't know.

So that blows my theory that Wayne is Hoid (which I know didn't have much merit, but the personality was fooling me). Thanks for asking because I missed it. Going to have to listen again it takes 2 or 3 times to catch everything!