Vin's Legacy and House Tekiel

WeiryWriter

So we've known for a while that Vin's father was a Tekiel and that House Tekiel is still around in Wax's time.  As a result I've been wondering about the following question:

"As of Era 2 is the nature of Vin's noble heritage (i.e. her father was a Tekiel before joining the Steel Ministry) known and if so, has House Tekiel tried to capitalize on that fact?"

So I ordered a copy of Shadows of Self and asked Brandon.  Here's his answer:

tumblr_nvsxmicxYc1sfbh10o1_1280.jpg

So, that's interesting. What do y'all think?

Seems fairly straightforward, and all that.  If you discovered that a distant relation was a renowned protector who literally gave her life for her world, husband, and emperor, you'd milk that for all it was worth.  Especially if it ingratiates you with the family of said husband and emperor.  

Wasn't Tekiel the house that came up with the Breaknaught in The Alloy of Law? This, along with a few comments I seem to vaguely recall, suggest that House Tekiel is one of the more influential ones in Elendel. 

So we've known for a while that Vin's father was a Tekiel and that House Tekiel is still around in Wax's time.  As a result I've been wondering about the following question:

So I ordered a copy of Shadows of Self and asked Brandon.  Here's his answer:

tumblr_nvsxmicxYc1sfbh10o1_1280.jpg

So, that's interesting. What do y'all think?

Blocked by my browser. Can someone tell me what it says?

I think I wish I could get a copy now. Stupid Australian delayed releases.  :angry:

My bookstore accidentally put it out on the American release date. I got it on the 6th  ;). (Context: I'm also Australian. Usually I have to wait the extra two days as well.)

On topic, it seems interesting but hardly surprising.

SoS spoilers:

Wasn't House Tekiel one of the ones to be found out as corrupt?

Edited by TheYoungBard

My bookstore accidentally put it out on the American release date. I got it on the 6th  ;). (Context: I'm also Australian. Usually I have to wait the extra two days as well.)

On topic, it seems interesting but hardly surprising.

SoS spoilers:

Wasn't House Tekiel one of the ones to be found out as corrupt?

I don't know about what happens in SoS, but in Alloy they at least determined that Tekiel was sneaking their aluminum shipments in to avoid paying taxes.

Not that she really cared that much for a father she knew for all of a single conversation. One that wasn't even directed at her for the most part.

Well most of that conversation was her old man swearing to high heaven that he had her killed.

Edited by Numuhuku

• Chaos locked this topic