[Spoilers] Elantris Anniversary Reactions

Chaos

Brandon mentioned that there was going to be an extra little scene somewhere we wouldn't expect it in his blog. I assumed it would be in the text of the book, so when I finished my reread, I thought, "Was there an extra scene in there? I don't remember one, but I haven't read the book in a while. Maybe I missed it." Then I read the Ars Arcanum and turned the page. :o

In addition to this, I'm very curious as to why the Skaze are so organized? Seons seem completely individual, loners if you will, but that section seemed to imply that the Skaze aren't. 

My guess would it is just in their nature. The Skaze are splinters of Dominion. It stands to reason that they would fall into an almost hierarchical order.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a copy at a library yesterday!!!! I was in a rush, but I read the bonus scene. I've stalked this thread enough to basically know what happened, but it was really really good to get to read it myself.

• 1 month later...

I want to know:

What's with the bandages, and why does Hoid keep them?

Also, what sort of deal did he make with the Skaze?

It was some experiment with becoming an Elantrian, and the deal he made with the skaze was predicated on Hoid becoming Elantrian.  I thought he discarded them before he went through the Shardpool.  

• 2 weeks later...

I did a complete re-read before I realized the part I really wanted was past the epilogue, past the Arcs Arcanum, and past the redacted Mad King chapters. Oh well, still a great book, had me turning the page just as much as the first time, and the stuff at the end was pretty juicy.

• Chaos locked this topic