Brandon on TV? History Channel's "True Monsters"

Just watched it.  The show isn't worth sitting through.  You get about 30 seconds of Sanderson altogether.  

I wonder if History Channel would be ok with Brandon releasing the interview online.  I would be interested to hear his full answers to the questions they asked, without having to sit through the annoying voiceover guy saying crap like "But the truth of this story might surprise you," and "This demon may not exist, but the legend behind it is very real."

I actually enjoyed the show. It wasn't terrible, I learned some interesting things, and overall would not classify the hour as a waste of my time. We knew it wasn't going to just be a Fantasy-fest with Brandon and Rothfuss monopolizing the time, and Brandon even said he wasn't sure they'd even bother using his footage at all, so the moment the show had a much more horror-like tone than I had originally thought, I knew he wouldn't get much time, and I was truly surprised to see they did include him.

Does anybody have a clip of Sanderson saying "Dragons" ?

He never says Dragon. At least not during that episode. The picture he posted on his website was taken at some point later, and isn't actual footage from the show. He was attempting to mimic the Aliens meme, including the face and hands position.

I actually enjoyed the show. It wasn't terrible, I learned some interesting things, and overall would not classify the hour as a waste of my time. We knew it wasn't going to just be a Fantasy-fest with Brandon and Rothfuss monopolizing the time, and Brandon even said he wasn't sure they'd even bother using his footage at all, so the moment the show had a much more horror-like tone than I had originally thought, I knew he wouldn't get much time, and I was truly surprised to see they did include him.

It was actually a lot better than I thought it would be, and focused more on the cultural origins of monsters than on cryptozoologists trying to prove their existence. 

I could give the show at least one more episode before abandoning it.

It was actually a lot better than I thought it would be, and focused more on the cultural origins of monsters than on cryptozoologists trying to prove their existence. 

I could give the show at least one more episode before abandoning it.

Yeah I'm going to check it out again to see if Brandon's participation continues or if he was a one time guy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say 20 minutes in? It's after the Jersey Devil, and I don't remember the exact order afterwards but he's during the Krampus segment, as well as the Satan segment (which was almost last, if not last). If you're just wanting Brandon's input, jump to those two segments.

• Chaos locked this topic