Koloss-blooded and humans

ramblurr

I'm working on an adventure scenario for the Mistborn Adventure Game I'm running. It's a duet game (one Narrator, one player) and the player is a Pinkteron-style detective.

Since the player is a fan of gritty noir style stories I've come up with an interesting case for the first session. I won't go into details since its not relevant to my question, but if anyone is interested I'll spill.

The scenario appears to be your standard Find The Missing Child case, but has a few twists and tilts as is expected in the noir genre, not to mention There's Always Another Secret.

I want the child in this case to be a half-breed koloss-blooded/human where the human parentage is from a well respected House. Rather than keeping the child a secret or disowning him/her, the family proved to be remarkably progressive and treats the child as if it was fully one of its own. However the rest of the world doesn't always react as progressively, and consequently the child suffers quite a bit of racism and bigotry.

The mystery begins when the child runs away from his elite prep-school in Elendel  due to such racism on part of his/her peers and teachers. The kid disappears and his/her wealthy human sister hires my player's agency to track him/her down.

This all assumes Koloss-blooded and humans can in fact interbreed. Is that the case? Is there any evidence of this in AoL or failing that, any good reason why they couldn't interbreed?

Edited by ramblurr

I'm working on an adventure scenario for the Mistborn Adventure Game I'm running. It's a duet game (one Narrator, one player) and the player is a Pinkteron-style detective.

Since the player is a fan of gritty noir style stories I've come up with an interesting case for the first session. I won't go into details since its not relevant to my question, but if anyone is interested I'll spill.

The scenario appears to be your standard Find The Missing Child case, but has a few twists and tilts as is expected in the noir genre, not to mention There's Always Another Secret.

I want the child in this case to be a half-breed koloss-blooded/human where the human parentage is from a well respected House. Rather than keeping the child a secret or disowning him/her, the family proved to be remarkably progressive and treats the child as if it was fully one of its own. However the rest of the world doesn't always react as progressively, and consequently the child suffers quite a bit of racism and bigotry.

The mystery begins when the child runs away from his elite prep-school in Elendel  due to such racism on part of his/her peers and teachers. The kid disappears and his/her wealthy human sister hires my player's agency to track him/her down.

This all assumes Koloss-blooded and humans can in fact interbreed. Is that the case? Is there any evidence of this in AoL or failing that, any good reason why they couldn't interbreed?

I think Koloss-blooded means that it is a mix between koloss and human. If it happens once theres nothing saying it cant happen again,

but we dont know anything about modern day koloss more than that they form tribes and are now a true breeding race, how they even have children with humans is a bit of a mystery. But really, it is your story, go with it.

EDIT: I looked this up and I was wrong about Koloss blooded being half human XD

Anyway Miles has a koloss blooded in his team who is a pewterarm, allomancy is a human trait, so I think the proof from the books are pretty much in your favor.

Edited by Morzathoth

Koloss-blooded aren't koloss crossed with humans. They are the offspring of two Koloss that have reproduced naturally (thanks to Harmony) but they lack the spikes that make them "true" Koloss. (According to the MAG Alloy of Law supplement of course..)

I haven't seen anything about koloss-blooded reproducing with humans, hence this post :)

Edited by ramblurr

Koloss-blooded aren't koloss crossed with humans. They are the offspring of two Koloss that have reproduced naturally (thanks to Harmony) but they lack the spikes that make them "true" Koloss. (According to the MAG Alloy of Law supplement of course..)

I haven't seen anything about koloss-blooded reproducing with humans, hence this post :)

Yeah, I looked it up, I was wrong XD

I edited my previous message with this...

EDIT: I looked this up and I was wrong about Koloss blooded being half human XD

Anyway Miles has a koloss blooded in his team who is a pewterarm, allomancy is a human trait, so I think the proof from the books are pretty much in your favor.

Considering Koloss are just humans with extra human strength grafted into their spiritweb, I would think interbreeding would be possible. Probably not common and I would think there may be some, ah, physical challenges to overcome, but possible.

Also, if you'd like a place for discussion more centered on the Mistborn Adventure Game, we'd love to see more activity on the Crafty forums!

http://www.crafty-games.com/forum/index.php?board=21.0

Before the Harmony's actions I would said yes but the the child will be nothing of the Koloss Heritage (like the Inquisitor's children).

But now that they are modificated to be a true breading species. I think that the "hybrids" are impossible.

Edited by Yata

Before the Harmony's actions I would said yes but the the child will be nothing of the Koloss Heritage (like the Inquisitor's children).

But now that they are modificated to be a true breading species. I think that the "hybrids" are impossible.

How would koloss breed with humans before they could breed?

How would koloss breed with humans before they could breed?

The book never spoke about.

But "if they could" (and it's unlikely), there is a situation like the breeding of the Inquisitor (It's a supposition) the only "other Hemalurgic's Construct based on Human".

There are some "mechanical issues" in the "act" beetwen a kolos and a Human. But I don't want think about it XD

The book never spoke about.

But "if they could" (and it's unlikely), there is a situation like the breeding of the Inquisitor (It's a supposition) the only "other Hemalurgic's Construct based on Human".

There are some "mechanical issues" in the "act" beetwen a kolos and a Human. But I don't want think about it XD

Well koloss lacked females and genitals before the final ascension, the koloss blooded at least have that, so it should be possible.

http://coppermind.net/wiki/Tarson

And how would Tarson be an allomancer without human blood?

Well koloss lacked females and genitals before the final ascension, the koloss blooded at least have that, so it should be possible.

http://coppermind.net/wiki/Tarson

And how would Tarson be an allomancer without human blood?

Well Every Kolos are Human-based, therefore had the Preservation's Investiture and the potential for Allomancy (but I think that after the "trasformation" could not use it).

They pass down the potential for Allomancy to their children, therefore a Koloss blood could became an Allomancer like anyone else.

PS: In the Alloy of Law era, we don't know how the Snapping works, therefore some of the "fact" that we know, could be no more true.

Edited by Yata

Well Every Kolos are Human-based, therefore had the Preservation's Investiture and the potential for Allomancy (but I think that after the "trasformation" could not use it).

They pass down the potential for Allomancy to their children, therefore a Koloss blood could became an Allomancer like anyone else.

PS: In the Alloy of Law era, we don't know how the Snapping works, therefore some of the "fact" that we know, could be no more true.

That... is a good point... I'll just keep arguing against you until I run out of arguments now XD

But wouldnt allomancers be used as Inquisitor material rather than koloss material? It makes more sense that koloss should be made from normal humans.

Koloss-blooded individuals are human, so they can totally interbreed with "regular" humans.  The koloss themselves are less a distinct species (like the kandra) and more just mutated humans.

The Alloy of Law supplement for the MAG does touch on this briefly in the bio for Tarson, neither of his parents were koloss, but his father was koloss-blooded.

It is said Inquisitors can pass down their allomantic potential ("complications" aside), so I normally assume koloss-blooded are just human children of koloss that have inherited the additional human strength to some degree.

• Chaos locked this topic