Ghostbloods and the 17th Shard/Hoid

bridgemenspren

So I am not always here reading various theories, therefore I am surely creating a hypothesis that has already been made before.

But what if the Ghostbloods (or at least Iyatil / Mraize) are part of a larger and "opposite" organization to the 17th shard? It does create a nice symmetry again, but could be taking the symmetry idea too far.

It seems that Mraize and Iyatil are both worldhoppers. From the scene when Shallan first meets Mraize, she seems to see several things from different worlds, and probably there is another thread where everyone has figured out where these things are from:

A vial of pale sand. - White Sand?

A couple of thick hairpins. - For Hemalurgy?

A lock of golden hair. - No idea

The branch of a tree with writing on it. - Not sure, but the writing makes me think of AonDor.

A silver knife. - Threnody, holding back the Shades?

An odd flower preserved in some kind of solution. - Nalthis/Tears of Edgli?

A chunk of pale pink crystal looked like it might be some kind of gemstone - Not sure

Perhaps the Ghostbloods are going directly against the 17th shard, trying to figure out how to get super powerful through different types of investiture?

Ok, apologies if all this has been said before.

So I am not always here reading various theories, therefore I am surely creating a hypothesis that has already been made before.

But what if the Ghostbloods (or at least Iyatil / Mraize) are part of a larger and "opposite" organization to the 17th shard? It does create a nice symmetry again, but could be taking the symmetry idea too far.

It seems that Mraize and Iyatil are both worldhoppers. From the scene when Shallan first meets Mraize, she seems to see several things from different worlds, and probably there is another thread where everyone has figured out where these things are from:

The branch of a tree with writing on it. - Not sure, but the writing makes me think of AonDor.

A chunk of pale pink crystal looked like it might be some kind of gemstone - Not sure

Perhaps the Ghostbloods are going directly against the 17th shard, trying to figure out how to get super powerful through different types of investiture?

Ok, apologies if all this has been said before.

It has been confirmed by Brandon that both Mraize and Iyatil are worldhoppers. As for the Ghostbloods being an opposing group to the Seventeenth Shard, I'm not so sure. Outside of those two being 'hoppers there's not much more evidence pointing to the possibility, and in fact the Ghostbloods seem a bit too invested in the political climate of Roshar. Given what we know of Seventeenth Shard, they are only at Roshar to hunt down Hoid, and Hoid is the one taking interest in Roshar's happenings. This implies that Roshar's troubles are currently beneath the Seventeenth Shard, and so why would their opposition care about Roshar at all?

Just something to think about.

That definitely makes sense. Perhaps it's just Iyatil (and Mraize) who are anti-Seventeeth Sharders? I just wonder if the Ghostbloods know about worldhopping, at least one or two of their members must have (likely) come from Yolen.

Obviously we don't know a lot about worldhopping right now, so it's hard to say.

Anyone care to speculate on these:

A chunk of pale pink crystal looked like it might be some kind of gemstone - Not sur

A chunk of pale pink crystal looked like it might be some kind of gemstone - Not sur

This has been discussed in length before. A quick search should yield the thread.

Anyone care to speculate on these:

I heard someone speculate that the tree branch is actually the bone of a Dakhor monk.

I would hazard a guess that the pink crystal is from DragonSteel. My only reason is that Hoid is known as Topaz in that book.

I heard someone speculate that the tree branch is actually the bone of a Dakhor monk.

I would hazard a guess that the pink crystal is from DragonSteel. My only reason is that Hoid is known as Topaz in that book.

It could be possible that it is moon rock from TES

• Chaos locked this topic