Or try reading a german book, because given how the language works with capitilization, letters at the beginning of words are all over the place. Case in point, here's what the text would look like in german.

Or try reading a german Book, because given how the Language works with Capitilization, Letters at the Beginning of Words are all over the Place. Case in Point, here's what the Text would look like in German.

You see all this capitilization?

Some miscellaneous points:

Mashadar, could you add Gelliton to the Epics of Oregon thread?

Twi, this is your chance to push Obliteration in the great Sanderson turnament. :ph34r:

I'll post a video of Bruce purring later, too.

I'm still not super clear on the rules, though. :mellow:

So, voidus, if you need something to distract you from it...The Periodic Table has a lot of capitalized words. :ph34r:

I don't have Epics named after many elements but I don't know how much I can do from them. Might give it a go though.

Or try reading a german book, because given how the language works with capitilization, letters at the beginning of words are all over the place. Case in point, here's what the text would look like in german.

Or try reading a german Book, because given how the Language works with Capitilization, Letters at the Beginning of Words are all over the Place. Case in Point, here's what the Text would look like in German.

You see all this capitilization?

Some miscellaneous points:

Mashadar, could you add Gelliton to the Epics of Oregon thread?

Twi, this is your chance to push Obliteration in the great Sanderson turnament. :ph34r:

Maybe I will give it a go, though I haven't read german since 10th grade so I may be a little rusty on my translations :P

So, these two just came together.  I think creating a second character helped - I often have trouble creating one character without much context.  

Legacy

Powers:

• Adaptive Resurrection (Vanillas): When killed by a regular human, Legacy will resurrect instantly in a blinding flash of light.  The resurrection will only take place upon actual death, and thus can be delayed by any efforts that prolong her life.  Upon resurrection, Legacy inherits all of the skills, talents, abilities, and memories of the person who killed her.  These traits stack, and so the more times she is skilled, the more traits she acquires.  Immediately after resurrecting, her most recent acquisition will be strongest, and will overpower her, usually making her believe she is the person who just killed her for a time.  Once this effect wears off, Legacy still often has difficult piecing together which memories or tendencies are her own, and which have been acquired from others.  The memories she inherits exist as if she had always had them, and like regular memories, they are not easy to organize or gather information from.  Prolonged use of particular skills or contemplation of particular memories, especially when they come from a single source, will often make the rest of that person's traits become more prominent again, which can be a source of some confusion for Legacy.  Being killed multiple times by the same person has no effect, in order for her skills and abilities to stack she needs to be killed by different people.  Deaths with no human cause have no effect, and will just cause her to resurrect normally.  
  • Adaptive Resurrection (Epics):  Legacy's resurrection power works differently on epics than it does on regular humans.  If she is killed by an epic using their powers, Legacy will reincarnate possessing the power that was used to kill her.  She will also inherit their skill and ability at using the power, so if she inherits powers from a new or inexperienced epic, she will be less capable with her powers than if she inherits abilities from an epic who uses their powers often.  This ability does not allow for her to stack powers, as she loses each acquired power upon her next death.  Usually she will only acquire a single power, unless the epic who kills her uses multiple powers to do so, in which case she would inherit all the powers which were used to kill her.  She can acquire passive powers, such as super strength, speed, enhanced reflexes, or precognition, if the epic holding those powers used them to kill her.  For example, if an epic with super strength stabbed her, or an epic with enhanced vision shot her with a gun, then she would inherit their respective powers.  If either epic poisoned her, she would reincarnate normally and inherit nothing.  The stipulation that she needs to be killed by a power in order to inherit it prevents her from acquiring most PIs or defensive capabilities.  When inheriting and using another epics powers, Legacy also becomes subject to that epics particular brand of corruption, leading her to be inconsistent at times.  

Weakness:

MO: Legacy gathered a small team of mid-strength epics, and together they work as mercenaries for the more powerful epics of Oregon.  She also tracks and studies powerful epics, in the interest of finding opportunities to acquire their powers.  Under the right circumstances, she will even accept particularly useful powers as payment for her services.  In between powers, Legacy tries to get herself killed often, and by as many skilled people as possible.  Sometimes, if she needs a particular skills set, she will hunt a person possessing the skills she needs down and force them to kill her somehow.  She also uses her powers for gathering information, by inheriting people's memories, and then getting members of her team to question her while the memories are fresh.  When she has a particularly valuable power, Legacy tries to avoid dying at all costs in order to hold on to the power for as long as possible.  Though her powers make her somewhat unpredictable, when in control of herself, she usually tries to be calm and methodical when planning and in action.  During missions, she will sometimes get members of her team to kill her in order to acquire their powers.  Having inherited the skills of several squadrons of soldiers during the early days of Calamity, Legacy is a fierce hand-to-hand combatant and a competent strategist.  

Until recently, her team consisted of herself, Peregrine, Fast-Forward, and The Iron Ogress.  Several months ago, Fast-Forward and the Iron Ogress inexplicably betrayed Legacy, leaving her squad to join a mysterious epic named Insight.  

Appearance: Legacy is an asian-american woman in her early thirties, with dark eyes and thick black-brown hair.  She usually wears her hair up in a tight pony-tail.  She favours comfortable athletic gear in dark colours, usually choosing leggings, hooded sweaters or jackets, and sturdy boots.  She also usually carries a gun in a holster and a few knives hidden on her person.  

History

Peregrine:

Powers:

• Calamity Sense - Peregrine can sense epics and their powers.  The more powerful or more corrupted the epic, the farther away Peregrine can sense him or her from.  When epics are not using their powers at all, it is very difficult for Peregrine to sense them unless they are very close.  Similarly, he can sense motivators only when they are use, and only at close range.  His Calamity Sense not only tells him the location and intensity of the power being used, it can also tell him the nature of the power (ie what it does).  
  • Linked Gateways - Peregrine can link doorways to one another, and use them to travel.  There is no range limit, so he can use linked doorways to travel across the globe instantly.  To link doorways to one another and form a gate, he needs to visit each individual doorway in person first, and then walk through it to another door in order to create the link.  He can take other people with him through the gates, but he needs to be touching them.  At maximum, he can only link up to ten doorways at a time.  To unlink a gate, he must use it and then unlink it, meaning he cannot return the way he came after intentionally unlinking a gate.  If he tries to link more than ten doorways, the oldest link will fade.  Since this is more desirable than leaving himself stranded at some rather doorway, he prefers to use this method.  
  • Personal Telekinesis - Peregrine has limited telekinetic powers.  He can move objects from anywhere within his line of site as if he were moving them with his hand.  His powers are limited by his own physical capabilities; he can only use his telekinesis to lift something as heavy as he could lift himself, and only keep it aloft for as long as he personally could hold it.  When using his telekinesis, his body feels the same strain it would feel if he was actually lifting or moving objects.  He can also use this power to deliver sharp blows or to shove people, but the offensive force he can muster is limited to the amount he could generate with a physical punch, kick, or shove.  While he can use this power with mental effort alone, it takes enormous concentration, and it is usually easier to make the actual motions that correspond to the movement of the object.  

Weakness:

MO: Peregrine is Legacy's second in command.  He supports her by finding epics to serve or steal powers from, and by making sure they always have a way out.  Since he is physically weak, Peregrine usually doesn't participate in the fighting, and instead observes the field offering support, and remaining ready to provide the team with a means of escape.  If she isn't interested in acquiring skills during a fight, Legacy will also sometimes order Peregrine to kill her with his telekinesis before a mission, to give her an extra edge.  With her inherited talent for combat, she is able to use his telekinesis to much greater effect than he can.  

Appearance: Peregrine is very particular about his hair, and wears it up in perfectly styled spikes.  He usually wears goggles, skinny jeans,  fashionable scarves, and utilitarian hoodies.  Since he is asian-american, he and Legacy are often mistakenly seen as brother and sister, despite the fact that she was adopted from South Korea, and his family originally came from Japan.  

History: coming soon...

Anyways, I'm still working on them, but what do you guys think??  Do you know anyone who would be interested in hiring these two?

EDIT:

Interestingly enough, one of my English teachers once asked if I spoke/wrote in German, since I often randomly capitalize important words. Though all four of my grandparents are fluent, and my parents speak a little, I've never spoken a word, so I guess I blame it on genetics?

Love them both, meta Epics ftw!

The Carlisles would love to get their hands on some meta Epics for experimentation but I think that's not a job they'd be likely to volunteer for. :P

So, these two just came together.  I think creating a second character helped - I often have trouble creating one character without much context.  

Legacy

Powers:

• Adaptive Resurrection (Vanillas): When killed by a regular human, Legacy will resurrect instantly in a blinding flash of light.  The resurrection will only take place upon actual death, and thus can be delayed by any efforts that prolong her life.  Upon resurrection, Legacy inherits all of the skills, talents, abilities, and memories of the person who killed her.  These traits stack, and so the more times she is skilled, the more traits she acquires.  Immediately after resurrecting, her most recent acquisition will be strongest, and will overpower her, usually making her believe she is the person who just killed her for a time.  Once this effect wears off, Legacy still often has difficult piecing together which memories or tendencies are her own, and which have been acquired from others.  The memories she inherits exist as if she had always had them, and like regular memories, they are not easy to organize or gather information from.  Prolonged use of particular skills or contemplation of particular memories, especially when they come from a single source, will often make the rest of that person's traits become more prominent again, which can be a source of some confusion for Legacy.  Being killed multiple times by the same person has no effect, in order for her skills and abilities to stack she needs to be killed by different people.  Deaths with no human cause have no effect, and will just cause her to resurrect normally.  
  • Adaptive Resurrection (Epics):  Legacy's resurrection power works differently on epics than it does on regular humans.  If she is killed by an epic using their powers, Legacy will reincarnate possessing the power that was used to kill her.  She will also inherit their skill and ability at using the power, so if she inherits powers from a new or inexperienced epic, she will be less capable with her powers than if she inherits abilities from an epic who uses their powers often.  This ability does not allow for her to stack powers, as she loses each acquired power upon her next death.  Usually she will only acquire a single power, unless the epic who kills her uses multiple powers to do so, in which case she would inherit all the powers which were used to kill her.  She can acquire passive powers, such as super strength, speed, enhanced reflexes, or precognition, if the epic holding those powers used them to kill her.  For example, if an epic with super strength stabbed her, or an epic with enhanced vision shot her with a gun, then she would inherit their respective powers.  If either epic poisoned her, she would reincarnate normally and inherit nothing.  The stipulation that she needs to be killed by a power in order to inherit it prevents her from acquiring most PIs or defensive capabilities.  When inheriting and using another epics powers, Legacy also becomes subject to that epics particular brand of corruption, leading her to be inconsistent at times.  

Weakness:

MO: Legacy gathered a small team of mid-strength epics, and together they work as mercenaries for the more powerful epics of Oregon.  She also tracks and studies powerful epics, in the interest of finding opportunities to acquire their powers.  Under the right circumstances, she will even accept particularly useful powers as payment for her services.  In between powers, Legacy tries to get herself killed often, and by as many skilled people as possible.  Sometimes, if she needs a particular skills set, she will hunt a person possessing the skills she needs down and force them to kill her somehow.  She also uses her powers for gathering information, by inheriting people's memories, and then getting members of her team to question her while the memories are fresh.  When she has a particularly valuable power, Legacy tries to avoid dying at all costs in order to hold on to the power for as long as possible.  Though her powers make her somewhat unpredictable, when in control of herself, she usually tries to be calm and methodical when planning and in action.  During missions, she will sometimes get members of her team to kill her in order to acquire their powers.  Having inherited the skills of several squadrons of soldiers during the early days of Calamity, Legacy is a fierce hand-to-hand combatant and a competent strategist.  

Until recently, her team consisted of herself, Peregrine, Fast-Forward, and The Iron Ogress.  Several months ago, Fast-Forward and the Iron Ogress inexplicably betrayed Legacy, leaving her squad to join a mysterious epic named Insight.  

Appearance: Legacy is an asian-american woman in her early thirties, with dark eyes and thick black-brown hair.  She usually wears her hair up in a tight pony-tail.  She favours comfortable athletic gear in dark colours, usually choosing leggings, hooded sweaters or jackets, and sturdy boots.  She also usually carries a gun in a holster and a few knives hidden on her person.  

History

Peregrine:

Powers:

• Calamity Sense - Peregrine can sense epics and their powers.  The more powerful or more corrupted the epic, the farther away Peregrine can sense him or her from.  When epics are not using their powers at all, it is very difficult for Peregrine to sense them unless they are very close.  Similarly, he can sense motivators only when they are use, and only at close range.  His Calamity Sense not only tells him the location and intensity of the power being used, it can also tell him the nature of the power (ie what it does).  
  • Linked Gateways - Peregrine can link doorways to one another, and use them to travel.  There is no range limit, so he can use linked doorways to travel across the globe instantly.  To link doorways to one another and form a gate, he needs to visit each individual doorway in person first, and then walk through it to another door in order to create the link.  He can take other people with him through the gates, but he needs to be touching them.  At maximum, he can only link up to ten doorways at a time.  To unlink a gate, he must use it and then unlink it, meaning he cannot return the way he came after intentionally unlinking a gate.  If he tries to link more than ten doorways, the oldest link will fade.  Since this is more desirable than leaving himself stranded at some rather doorway, he prefers to use this method.  
  • Personal Telekinesis - Peregrine has limited telekinetic powers.  He can move objects from anywhere within his line of site as if he were moving them with his hand.  His powers are limited by his own physical capabilities; he can only use his telekinesis to lift something as heavy as he could lift himself, and only keep it aloft for as long as he personally could hold it.  When using his telekinesis, his body feels the same strain it would feel if he was actually lifting or moving objects.  He can also use this power to deliver sharp blows or to shove people, but the offensive force he can muster is limited to the amount he could generate with a physical punch, kick, or shove.  While he can use this power with mental effort alone, it takes enormous concentration, and it is usually easier to make the actual motions that correspond to the movement of the object.  

Weakness:

MO: Peregrine is Legacy's second in command.  He supports her by finding epics to serve or steal powers from, and by making sure they always have a way out.  Since he is physically weak, Peregrine usually doesn't participate in the fighting, and instead observes the field offering support, and remaining ready to provide the team with a means of escape.  If she isn't interested in acquiring skills during a fight, Legacy will also sometimes order Peregrine to kill her with his telekinesis before a mission, to give her an extra edge.  With her inherited talent for combat, she is able to use his telekinesis to much greater effect than he can.  

Appearance: Peregrine is very particular about his hair, and wears it up in perfectly styled spikes.  He usually wears goggles, skinny jeans,  fashionable scarves, and utilitarian hoodies.  Since he is asian-american, he and Legacy are often mistakenly seen as brother and sister, despite the fact that she was adopted from South Korea, and his family originally came from Japan.  

History: coming soon...

Anyways, I'm still working on them, but what do you guys think??  Do you know anyone who would be interested in hiring these two?

EDIT:

Interestingly enough, one of my English teachers once asked if I spoke/wrote in German, since I often randomly capitalize important words. Though all four of my grandparents are fluent, and my parents speak a little, I've never spoken a word, so I guess I blame it on genetics?

Nice ones, I only really see one problem, namely that her powers would make Legacy way too unstable to beliveably to actually act as a leader. I could buy her being dragged around by them as a kind of attack dog or ultimately returning to the lifestyle on her own after having some time to gather herself, though.

A day in the life of Alliteration:
Read righteously renowned reader, rare ruinous revelations rest ready.

Ahem.

Pardon my pernicious punctuation, plentiful problems persist  within punctual performances of pronunciation. I shall endeavor to avoid alliterating as all answers are advertised.

My name such as it is is Alliteration, I was blessed or perhaps cursed as some may see it by a ravenous red reality, wherin my relationship readied rapidly towards rage. Sorry, I'm doing it again aren't I? Well suffice it to say I was given a power by a shining red star, that which some now call Calamity.

My mannerisms often mesmerize those unable to match my meeting with my mood. Before Calamity I was no one special, I worked at a restaurant, cleaning dishes, I'd never progressed to college, never paid any particular attention to language, literacy or larceny and yet now I alliterate affluently as all are astounded by acts of arcane animosity.

You see I was given a power both greater than most and yet also lesser, depending on the decider of the design my prodigious powers are promoted both plural and peculiar on one hand yet singular and stupid on the other. I can create almost any object, effect, being or situation I desire, though only within a certain distance however I must do so by speaking sentences spelled singularly starting with such similar situations. Or to phrase it otherwise, I must speak my desires in an alliterative sentence with little leeway.

For one not well versed in language this presented something of a problem, limited to little lashes of languid liveliness interspersed ineptly with infuriating inexactness. My powers were greatly limited by my vocabulary and with such small sentences produced effects of either extremely low effectiveness else ensured utter unpredictability ensued. Enraged by early estimations, my eloquence expanded expertly.

And thus now I stand as a lexicographer, levied leeward to learn lawless look, powerful posture and appropriate appearance.

Chronicled consecutively I caption cordially the commotion comprising my common consciousness.

I awoke as always, alliterating accurately to alleviate all additional apathy. Already alert and awake, I absconded appropriately from my abode.

Living 'longside the lake led to little parallel properties. Their problems persisted but preoccupied with problems was prohibitively plausible, possessed with power as I was.

A neighbor had deigned to decorate my dwelling disgracefully. A rock had hurtled headed hurriedly for my window. I returned my neighbors favor by reciting 'rebellious rocks retaliate', causing a tumble of gravel to hurl itself at the offenders house in turn.

Tribulations thusly traded I traipsed towards town. Walking was ever a way to wallow so I willed a wishful way, whistling as I went. Creating cars caused commotion but was common enough covertly that a candid causation of convertible could be construed as constructive.

Driving diligently I decided to deign the city center with my delightful dignity. Epics ever entrapped in endless engagements were encountered with eager enthusiasm. Plenty of powered people peppered the principle place of population. and so finding Epics both familiar and foreign in the town center was fairly facile.

"You ready to fight ya stupid snob?" Sneered a suspicious supernatural as I swerved into a stop.

"Alliteration always attends an arranged affair" I replied remorselessly, ready to rend reality to reap the rewards of this ravaging rebel.

"You and ya stupid words. You reckon just cause you can do a bunch of stuff you're better than Silverstorm? Well you see how your fancy words protect you from a real Epic bud!"

A silver streak soared swiftly.

"Sudden shield." I said stately, a shield shimmering succinctly into space, stopping several silver spears.

The shield vanished almost as suddenly as it had appeared, another artifact of abnormal abilities. That which was summoned sustained only so long as the sentence which spawned it. The shield had lasted only as long as the phrase that I had used to create it.

Still a sudden stall gave significant space to stage a second.

The Epic still seemed stunned as his swift strike was severed.

"Falling fortress fated for final failure." I uttered with deliberate slowness.

Several tons of brick and mortar appeared a few dozen feet above, heading swiftly downwards as gravity took hold. Even speaking slowly it would swiftly scram once summoned. Yet not swiftly enough for the Epics underneath it.

"Teleport transports to the threshold." I said, speaking suddenly.

An effect such as teleportation seemed to hold even after the elapsed time. So I was suddenly shifted skyward to a situation safe from the soaring structure.

A loud crash commemorated the completely crushed comrade and competitor.

The Epic known as Silverstorm had died.

My name is Alliteration and this has been my day.

Cute pugs and awesome alliterative adventure anecdotes, exactly what I needed this evening. :ph34r:

Anyway, what would happen if Alliteration said vicious victory? Would he just win whatever fight he was in? Or what if he says something which's description requires a different time of presence than the time he needed to say it?

Cute pugs and awesome alliterative adventure anecdotes, exactly what I needed this evening. :ph34r:

Anyway, what would happen if Alliteration said vicious victory? Would he just win whatever fight he was in? Or what if he says something which's description requires a different time of presence than the time he needed to say it?

Thanks, took a lot longer than they usually do due to my need to frequently check the thesaurus to find a word starting with a particular letter :P

He's somewhat limited in power, his ability isn't absolute, so he couldn't just kill Steelheart by saying 'Steelheart slain sadistically' since it'd take more power to break through Steelhearts PI than he has but other than that yeah he can pretty much win fights like that (Though with non-specific phrases he runs a higher risk of not getting the exact desired effect, so he might be victorious in a beauty pagent instead of the fight he wanted to be victorious in :P)

On the time matter it would achieve as much of the effect as possible during that time period but if it wasn't completely achieved then it still stops, it's one of the reasons his emerging Epic endeavours ended early, his sentences weren't long enough to create the desired effect.

Thanks, took a lot longer than they usually do due to my need to frequently check the thesaurus to find a word starting with a particular letter :P

He's somewhat limited in power, his ability isn't absolute, so he couldn't just kill Steelheart by saying 'Steelheart slain sadistically' since it'd take more power to break through Steelhearts PI than he has but other than that yeah he can pretty much win fights like that (Though with non-specific phrases he runs a higher risk of not getting the exact desired effect, so he might be victorious in a beauty pagent instead of the fight he wanted to be victorious in :P)

On the time matter it would achieve as much of the effect as possible during that time period but if it wasn't completely achieved then it still stops, it's one of the reasons his emerging Epic endeavours ended early, his sentences weren't long enough to create the desired effect.

What would happen if Funtimes had him say "Righteous riboflavin Rice-a-Roni righting wrongs righteously"? 

What would happen if Funtimes had him say "Righteous riboflavin Rice-a-Roni righting wrongs righteously"? 

Some rice containing large amounts of vitamin B2 would appear and try to stuff themselves down Nighthounds throat to choke him to death before they vanished. Then because even Calamity's not that evil he extended Alliterations power this once so the rice would forever follow Nighthound around, stuffing itself in his mouth whenever he tried to speak to someone and spelling out his weakness whenever anyone is nearby. :P

Edited by Voidus

Some rice containing large amounts of vitamin B2 would appear and try to stuff themselves down Nighthounds throat to choke him to death before they vanished. Then because even Calamity's not that evil he extended Alliterations power this once so the rice would forever follow Nighthound around, stuffing itself in his mouth whenever he tried to speak to someone and spelling out his weakness whenever anyone is nearby. :P

How about something simple like, "dead Deathwish"? and what if we add "duely demonized" in front of it?

How about something simple like, "dead Deathwish"? and what if we add "duely demonized" in front of it?

"Dead, dress-donning Deathwish, duly demonized and dreading his demise"? 

If he knew about Deathwish's PI he'd be unlikely to use anything too simple since it might decide to kill Deathwish by slitting his throat which would get reflected but hey it has a dead Deathwish in a dress so I'm sure it'd all work out :P

Example of what he'd more likely use canonically: 'Deathwish, duly demonized, dreading demise drowns dressed as delirious dancer, dies.' to ensure he dies through a non-bloody means.

If he knew about Deathwish's PI he'd be unlikely to use anything too simple since it might decide to kill Deathwish by slitting his throat which would get reflected but hey it has a dead Deathwish in a dress so I'm sure it'd all work out :P

Example of what he'd more likely use canonically: 'Deathwish, duly demonized, dreading demise drowns dressed as delirious dancer, dies.' to ensure he dies through a non-bloody means.

Now, to what trickery could we restore to solve some of the other "problem cases" in the RP? :ph34r:

Well, the one for Lucentia involved her weakness, so here's one for Deathwish: 

Scribbler secretly scribed a siren sounding, SWATs seeking and stabbing the shameful salacious scum. 

I'll listen to it in a pm. :ph34r:

And Scribbler became a hero! :P