Elhokar, Possible Radiant?

Seana

Well, but you aren't really exploring new ideas as much as unintentionaly returning to the old notions that ambition is evil and loners are to be feared. It would have to be very well executed in order to not pass that kind of idea.

Adolin going too far to protect his family(but not striking a deal with Odium) wouldn't have that risk, instead being a rarely seem lesson of how puting those you love above everything else can be dangerous.

Not that I think he will go evil, just that Odium will do his best to make it happen, and that there is a real danger it may happen. Of course, if our only extroverted party-going main character goes evil it will also have some unfortunate implications.

The question is... Who has systematically downvoted all my posts in the last 24h? Mystery, mystery, mystery. 

For the rest, I don't think Elhokar is a loner, but I don't get a god vibe about him. I agree it may be an overused trope and I may be falling within its trap.

There is a path for Adolin to go evil, I do agree, but the fact everyone expects it makes me wary. You have also stated it: Adolin is our only extroverted character within the story. Everyone else is introverted. Now, I do know fantasy, in general, always features introverted characters... Most are variation of the same theme. Adolin is different in that regard. Him going evil would be awful, not impossible, unlikely and overall terrible.  

The question is... Who has systematically downvoted all my posts in the last 24h? Mystery, mystery, mystery.

Soneone truly did that?! I will try to upvote some of your posts to compensate.

Oh, and I meant Renarin as the loner.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

Soneone truly did that?! I will try to upvote some of your posts to compensate.

Oh, and I meant Renarin as the loner.

Yeah it happens... It has not happen in a while though. I never knew why especially since the posts I got downvoted for were rather insignificant. 

Oh. I thought you meant Elhokar. I don't think Renarin fits the bill for a card-board evil guy anyway, loner or no. I am not saying I believe this will happen, I don't actually, I am just playing with the expectations... What if we got it wrong all along?

• Chaos locked this topic