A Joe in the Bush

I read way to many sci-fi and fantasy novels. They've caused me to come up with various plans and procedures in case of supernatural events.

For instance, I can prove to my past self I'm myself from the future, I can teach others how to prove to me they're trapped in a Timeloop, I have a signed 'Roomate' Agreement that dictates exactly what will happen if I get a clone (Evil or otherwise), and I know what to do if I'm sent into various alternate dimensions.

One thing someone brought up to me though, is memory Wiping. What do I do to prevent memory wiping? Assuming I realize someone is about to wipe my memory of the past 5 minutes, or entire lifespan, how do I ensure my memory is restored?

If you knew that it was just a short period of time, record a vlog, send it to a friend, and get them to send it to you in a month. Delete the email from your sent box so that whoever wipes your mind doesn't know you've backed up stuff. Entire mindwipe is more challenging. Vlogs with multiple layers of redunancy, and some way to ensure that you will gain access to them. Hard thing is if not only do you get mindwiped, but you're moved to a different location, and given new memories...

That depends on how much time you have to prepare yourself. But you probably should start right now. Buy a couple of pendrives, start writing a journal, keep photos and videos on them (maybe an external HDD would be more suitable because of their capacity). Encrypt the data using some code that you would tattoo somewhere on your body. Then, when you have a few copies ready, day by day start sending them to yourself using different shipping companies. This way, even if you loose your memories, you'll receive an HDD with your journals in a couple of days.

Ok, but what if you loose all your memories in a foreign place? Tattoo you name, date of birth and any data required to easily identify you on a discreet part of your body. That way it will be pretty easy to contact members of your family to pick you up.

I read way to many sci-fi and fantasy novels. They've caused me to come up with various plans and procedures in case of supernatural events.

For instance, I can prove to my past self I'm myself from the future, I can teach others how to prove to me they're trapped in a Timeloop, I have a signed 'Roomate' Agreement that dictates exactly what will happen if I get a clone (Evil or otherwise), and I know what to do if I'm sent into various alternate dimensions.

One thing someone brought up to me though, is memory Wiping. What do I do to prevent memory wiping? Assuming I realize someone is about to wipe my memory of the past 5 minutes, or entire lifespan, how do I ensure my memory is restored?

No, good sir, that's not how it works.  Give me some answers to the bolded paragraph, and then I will help you with your memory wiping issue.  And hopefully you'll actually follow the advice this time.

The "trapped in a timeloop" scenario is of most concern to me.  You see, I happen to know that at the age of 63 I invent (discover? steal?) a time machine that works, and one of my first acts is to use it to travel back to 2013 and punch my past self in the face.  Of course, I immediately punched myself in the face afterwards for revenge, but that didn't work out well.  I do, however, fear that this has caused a self-perpetuating time loop that I would like to escape from.

A) I can't help you escape a timeloop, only how to prove to me that you're in one. B ) That's not a time loop, that's a one time thing. I'm talking about repeating the same time period over and over again ala groundhog's day. C) Are you claiming my memory was wiped at some point?

A): you just need to spend one loop learning enough about me that you can convince me.the next loop.that you are in a time loop. I will then tell you a pasword. One I have never seen, heard, read or Written. It exists solely in my mind. If you can tell me that password, I will believe instantly you are in a time loop.

C) well unfortunately, you must have been wiped from my memory along with the location of the secure site.

• Chaos locked this topic