Well I've been playing ToS almost nonstop since I returned to Joburg (I died in both the MR and LG while away in Zimbabwe for work) so hopefully I'll be more help this time (both in regards to experience and presence).

So I don't know what to think about Joe probing everyone for information, let alone Orlok or Kipper's opposition towards it. Considering this isn't a game with roles, but items instead, I can see why players might be okay with revealing what they have while others may not. On that note, I will admit that I told Joe what Item(s)/Atium I began with, though I do not feel comfortable announcing it to everyone right now. I agree with Orlok on the point that it's better that a majority of the discussion take place in-thread. Though I haven't played many games so far, I think the overuse of PMs can make the game very unfun for some of us. While it can be a useful tool, having unlimited PMs subtracts from content in public, so for people like me who doesn't know anyone well enough to have an already established rapport, I feel mostly left out. 

Kipper calling the kettle black in this instance unsettles me. I remember how in Highborn Intrigue he claimed that he didn't want to make himself a figurehead given his experience in Game of Shards, but then in To Shatter a Shard did just that. That doesn't necessarily make him a Corporate, but it definitely keeps me from trusting him. That, and the fact that he was the primary reason I was lynched in LG14, despite being 100% honest with him about my role and intentions. But that is neither here nor there.

Orlok seems trustworthy to me at the moment, but that may just be because I was already thinking in my head what he just said. However, given my record from MR8 of everyone I'm convinced being evil ending up actually being good, I do not trust my own instincts, and suggest no one else do so either. On the other hand, I believe (after keeping up with MR8 and LG14 after my deaths) I have developed a better understanding of the players and should be better at picking out inconsistencies in their play style / character.

TLDR: I don't trust anyone. But that's to be expected C1. Wish I had more to say.

EDITED FOR COLOR

Edited by Alvom Halbin

Seladin Slade watched Joe go between the separate prospector camps, asking everyone about how much atium they'd found, and whether or not they had a large pan and what-not. It all seemed very suspicious. Seladin had already been visited of course, and had turned down the prying prospector. He either was working for the corporation, looking to find a good target, or was genuinely trying to discover who was in the corporation. Either way, he was turning out to be a man with far too much information, and he needed to be taken care of. With a few pulled strings, JOE wouldn't be anything to worry about.

This is some RP from me, and I'll hopefully be doing this a lot. I am voting for Joe, and I can hopefully edit this to add in the proper color later.

Edit:color added

Edited by Bridge Boy

And so it begins.

Well as with MR8, I'm still not fond of voting this early (as in in the cycle). 7 times out of 10 it's an innocent doing the voting, but because there's always that chance that the voter is someone evil attempting to accomplish something, it ends up making me waste my time analyzing people's intents and usually throws my suspicions off. If I'm not mistaken, this is bridge boy's first game, and I can see where he's coming from. If he's innocent then he could either genuinely think that Joe's actions make him suspicious, or he's just following Orlok's lead because it's the only vote (up until that point) and there is some reason behind it. He could very well be a Corporate, but that seems less likely to me. If my interpretation of the rules is correct, then the Corporates have constant access to their doc (there is no separate day/night turn), so I doubt he acted without conferring with his team first, unless they aren't online at the moment and he was too excited not to do something (I'd like to think he's smarter than that). However they could have encouraged him to do just that knowing he's new and that could be a valid excuse to keep suspicion off him in the long run. Though I doubt that's the case.

As for Stink, I doubt I'll ever trust him, but he seems to be acting exactly as he always does, so at least I can't accuse him of being inconsistent.

EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION

Edited by Alvom Halbin

A group of people had crowded around the three bodies arguing about who was behind the murders. Suddenly a man in a white lab coat appeared crouching down in front of the bodies. 

"Aah, What are you doing?!"

"Oh, umm I'm a doctor, and a lawman. I'm just examining these corpses here to see how they died and stuff... You know?"

"But how did you get there?!"

"Well I am also a Ninja, I tend to sneak up on people like that"

The miners looked back and forth from the strange man to each other and slowly backed away and continued to discuss while occasionally sending quizzical looks back at the doctor/lawman/ninja examining the bodies. 

Seladin gave a small smirk. He'd heard a rumor going around the outlaws that he was a greenie, ripe for the picking. He'd been doing this for a while now, and this was his 4th big job. All the better for him though. The more people who underestimated him the better. He'd begun to suspect that Joe was simply trying to be friendly, and was just really bad at it. But for now, he was the only lead that Seladin had, and until another one cropped up, he'd just stick to him like water to a stream. Because that's totally a valid metaphor. Edit, but still continuation: Seladin was smart enough to make his own decisions. And metaphors. And also to not be with any kind of business. Working with a corporation often got you ended up as a corpse.

Edited by Bridge Boy

It's interesting who is voting against me and who is defending me. I'm not going to vote yet, since I'm still trying to get information from people, but my suspicions are fluctuating wildly.

Now then, I have told several people what I started with, I expect at least one of them was an eliminator, since they're more likely to 'trust' me right off the bat since they know my alignment. I'd be willing to bet that they're going to try to lynch me this cycle or the next, rather than kill me. Again, I can't reveal too much until everyone has at least read my PM to them. once they have, whether or not they respond to it, i'll have enough Info to start laying down suspicions.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Bridge boy. Friendly? I'm not trying to be friendly, I'm trying to establish communications and alliances. Similar, but to be friendly i need to trust you. And I don't trust any of you.

Edited by The Only Joe

Excuse me? I look down on all of you. Any further usurpations of my Atium GM Throne will result in a. being thrown out a window b. random PAFOs or c. excessive trolling. Even if I do all of those normally. They'll be BIGGER windows. RANDOMER PAFOs. EVEN MORE trolling.

Since Joe seems to be the big topic of discussion I'll give my analysis. Hmmmmmmmm. Nope. Don't know what to think since it's C1.  :P

No, but really, I think what he's doing is suspicious in the sense that Eliminators always want to know who has what, but if everyone is so tight-lipped that everyone just stays silent nothing is going to get done. So I could see him as innocent just trying to do something for TG. Maybe stir up some discussion, which, if that is his intentions, has succeeded fairly well. And that is what I mean when I don't know. Could be evil, could be good. I guess I'm leaning more towards good since it seems relatively dangerous for an eliminator to do what he's doing. I must say that I barely have an opinion yet, I just thought I'd voice my thoughts so far.

Edit: It seems like Maw is looking down on Joe, so I guess that means he's above us all too. (Except for Winter of course.  :))

Edited by TheMightyLopen

I don't have a vote right now, but I do agree with the point Kipper made. I think what Joe did is good for the village, because it sparked some discussion and got things rolling. I don't think that it really gives us any clue about his alignment (except that it is a bit risky to put yourself out there this early), so I am not too sure about what to think of the people placing votes on the subject. But yeah, I'm not too sure that gathering that sort of information will help us find eliminators this early, and if it does become helpful then a knife in the night will end up finding itself in Joe's back.

Before this gets out of hand, my vote on Joe was precisely to spark discussion, and little else - Joe will attest to the fact that I even checked it was ok with him before doing so.

With that in mind, Bridgeboy, why the unexplained vote on Joe?

edit: Removing vote on Joe

Edited by Orlok

Kipper calling the kettle black in this instance unsettles me. I remember how in Highborn Intrigue he claimed that he didn't want to make himself a figurehead given his experience in Game of Shards, but then in To Shatter a Shard did just that. That doesn't necessarily make him a Corporate, but it definitely keeps me from trusting him. That, and the fact that he was the primary reason I was lynched in LG14, despite being 100% honest with him about my role and intentions. But that is neither here nor there.

TLDR: I don't trust anyone. But that's to be expected C1. Wish I had more to say.

I think I was a large part of you being lynched in LG14.  They killed you to see my alignment as I had invested Dominion's power in you N1.  They thought I would've kept the power to just eliminators if I was one but I knew they would think that so I spread it around.  I did not however appreciate you using the gift I gave you to try and get me lynched. :D

EDIT: Friendly? I'm not trying to be friendly, I'm trying to establish communications and alliances. Similar, but to be friendly i need to trust you. And I don't trust any of you.

You don't trust me?  Innocent Alv?  Who never hurt anyone? *angelemote*