David's Powers

baby

"The depths had claimed me as one of their own. And though I've pushed them back, I still bear their hidden scar.

They insist that they will have me again."

So as we can see in the prologue for Calamity, David still "bears the scar" of Calamity. This probs means that David will be a full blown Epic sometime in the book. Any thoughts?​

"The depths had claimed me as one of their own. And though I've pushed them back, I still bear their hidden scar.

They insist that they will have me again."

So as we can see in the prologue for Calamity, David still "bears the scar" of Calamity. This probs means that David will be a full blown Epic sometime in the book. Any thoughts?​

There's been some speculation that the prologue is not about David, but rather Prof or Obliteration or even Megan. It could be about David, but I know the Bandersnatch likes to pull fast ones on his readers. ;) 

I , uh, actually didn't post the whole prologue.

"I've witnessed the fearsome depths.

I was in Babilar, Babylon Restored. New York City. I stared into those depths, and knew--with no uncertainty--, that something inside me had changed."

That pretty much screams David to me, though I could see it being Prof. Not Megan though.

I was in Babilar, Babylon Restored. New York City. I stared into those depths, and knew--with no uncertainty--, that something inside me had changed."

That pretty much screams David to me, though I could see it being Prof. Not Megan though.

I've read the same prologue. And the first chapter preview on i09. And literally everything else about Calamity I could get my hands on. :ph34r: 

Like I said, there's speculation, and I'm purposely refraining from deciding what I think of it. All I've decided to believe is that the identity of the speaker for that passage isn't as clear as it first seems. 

Connecting that entry to the Prof. is appropriate too, but I'll go with David here, fearsome depths means what? Water right? But oh, I wish that David didn't get to have a 'water power' (Regalia said that he'll get it). We've seen 2 powers with that affinity already. I hope to see a different one if our mc gets to have one. OR maybe he didn't get to be an epic, maybe that something inside him means that he overcomes his fear, therefor making him stronger. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic