Songs That Make You Think of Stormlight Archive

I always think of Stormlight when I hear Lindsey Stirling's "Stars Align." I think it's because in the music video they throw around light, fall with style, and massive rocky plains stretching into the distance.

Also "Crystallize" by Lindsey makes me think of Shards and Shardbearers.

I like the bitter side of Kaladin's, but for if you want to laugh at him, Billy Joel's Angry Young Man fits hilariously well. It could be like the anthem of Kaladin-non-fans:

And there's always a place for the angry young man
With his fist in the air and his head in the sand
He's never been able to learn from mistakes
He can't understand why his heart always breaks
His honor is pure, and his courage as well
he's fair and he's true, and he's boring as hell
And he'll go to his grave as an angry old man.

Edited by Lilaer

Surprisingly, "Demons" by Imagine Dragons makes me think of Shallan.

Shallan has been through an insane amount of pain and events that would bring most people to their breaking point, but she has kept it all inside, not allowing the pain inside of her to surface. Even Kaladin was in awe about how Shallan was able to continue on just like everyone else after all she'd been through. I think that is one of the reasons I admire Shallan so much... in spite of everything, she has kept going and grown stronger from her misfortunes.

• 2 weeks later...

This.

Basically, it's like Wit playing the mandolin and telling the tragic tale of the sinking of the Wind's Pleasure from Captain Tozbek's viewpoint.

The sounds of the mandolin can make you see the ship, the storm, the tragedy. Give it a listen, you won't regret it. You might cry!

• Chaos locked this topic