New Signature Restrictions

Chaos

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
17 minutes ago, TheVillageIdiot said:

Hi, I don't know what i'm missing but I can't even find how to create a signature. 

Take the account dropdown menu on the upper right and hit Account Settings, and Signature is right there.

(For some reason Account Settings and Profile Settings are different. It's dumb.)

• 6 months later...

*is casually wondering if his spoiler tags are an issue*
I've been here for two years and hadn't heard about that spoiler tag thing. Are mine an issue? I can get rid of everything but the powerkeepers and the spiritual realm (and maybe taln. He matters too) if its an issue. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 7:32 PM, Steeldancer said:

*is casually wondering if his spoiler tags are an issue*
I've been here for two years and hadn't heard about that spoiler tag thing. Are mine an issue? I can get rid of everything but the powerkeepers and the spiritual realm (and maybe taln. He matters too) if its an issue. 

All spoiler tags should not be in sigs by the letter of this rule. So yes. I would encourage people who want such things to put them on their About Me page on their profile. 

• 6 months later...

@Chaos, I know that this thread is old, but it is pinned and the question is relevant to the topic, so I think it makes more sense then making a new topic:

I now realize that the spoilers in my sig are not acceptable, but before I change it to fix them I was wondering if I could suggest a different solution: a thread for extended signatures. Basically, on another forum that I am on, when people have so much stuff in their signatures that it becomes obnoxious (or they want to include an oversized image) they create a post on the extended signature thread, put all of their stuff their, and in their signature they just put a few of their absolute favorite quotes (or whatever it is they choose) and a link to their extended signature. Would that be an acceptable solution?

14 minutes ago, Personification said:

@Chaos I now realize that the spoilers in my sig are not acceptable, but before I change it to fix them I was wondering if I could suggest a different solution: a thread for extended signatures. Basically, on another forum that I am on, when people have so much stuff in their signatures that it becomes obnoxious (or they want to include an oversized image) they create a post on the extended signature thread, put all of their stuff their, and in their signature they just put a few of their absolute favorite quotes (or whatever it is they choose) and a link to their extended signature. Would that be an acceptable solution?

Alternatively, you could put it in your About Me and link there without having to make a thread. 

• Chaos unpinned this topic