Chaos

New Signature Restrictions

88 posts in this topic

Are spoiler tags with only text inside ok, or are they banned altogether?

Removed altogether.

My spoiler tag only holds one image, but their are a lot of words. Is it allowed?

Fixes up my sig, gets it down to a size where it don't increase the vertical size of the post for a one liner. Realizes the image is 5 pixels over regulation...

My spoiler tag only holds one image, but their are a lot of words. Is it allowed?

It is not allowed.

I propose that anyone who wants to keep the banners and such just move them to their About Me page instead. That way, it doesn't clutter regular thread viewing. That works, right, Admins?

I propose that anyone who wants to keep the banners and such just move them to their About Me page instead. That way, it doesn't clutter regular thread viewing. That works, right, Admins?

Yes! An excellent idea!

And anyone with the banners from Hael, Kas, or I, if they are too big(I think most should be fine), let one of us know and we should be able to resize quickly.

Although, as they keep score in SE, they probably fail on that count. I'm still looking forward to getting one so that I can put it in my about me page

That's true. Chaos, what's the issue with the scoring, is it that they take up space or that they could be conceived of as boasting or something else?

Seonid, Hael's claimed yours I think, so I'd ask him.

what's the issue with the scoring, is it that they take up space or that they could be conceived of as boasting or something else?

Some of column A, some of column B. 

So would the banners with scores on them be against the rules?

So would the banners with scores on them be against the rules?

Yes, they would.

Well, any banners without stats or ones for HttFE or other things can be scaled down easily, if you need it.

I'm just going to use this space for a test post.

Edit: There we go! Someone let me know if that image in my sig is too big...I have no idea how to count pixels...

Edited by Blaze1616

Edit: There we go! Someone let me know if that image in my sig is too big...I have no idea how to count pixels...

That version of the coppermind banner is 205 x 80 pixels. If necessary, here's a 200 x 45 version:

CoppermindBannerSmall_1.png

[url=http://coppermind.net/][img=http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/Haelbarde/17thShard/CoppermindBannerSmall_1.png][/url]

Blaze, technically yours is 205x80. You are golden! Mine, on the other hand is 700x122 which means I need to trim the sides and top a bit. Off to do that now...

That version of the coppermind banner is 205 x 80 pixels. If necessary, here's a 200 x 45 version:

CoppermindBannerSmall_1.png

[url=http://coppermind.net/][img=http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/Haelbarde/17thShard/CoppermindBannerSmall_1.png][/url]

Thanks for the edited image, but I think I prefer the "Do your part to help fill" versus the "Preserve Knowledge". I'll take the hit to my text length for it.  :)

Believes my current array of banners fits the regulations: The top row is 166x50 and 200x45, and the second row is two banners of the size 200x35. So the rectangular area taken up would be 400x85. So plenty of space! I think...

Winter Cloud isn't going to be happy about this...

...I wouldn't be surprised if Winter Cloud's sig was one of the main culprits for this rule change. Her sig takes up an entire screen for a one line post. While I respect and like Winter Cloud, that sig is just a tad intense and noisy. 

Is that according to desktop or mobile versions? If mobile, I'm going to have to cut down on mine.

Edited by Redbird

Is that according to desktop or mobile versions? If mobile, I'm going to have to cut down on mine.

The mobile site doesn't even show signatures currently.

This is judging from desktop. The mobile versions even on the new site will not have sigs on posts, as vertical space is even more precious there.