Early Release

macros

I was able to obtain a copy of Shadows of Self today. Can't wait to start reading it. I was wondering if anyone else has already gotten a copy. Also, are full book spoilers allowed in this sub forum as long as spoiler tags are used, or does that have to wait until the official release?

Full book spoilers will not be allowed until October 6th. I am glad you got it early, but whoever sold it to you or something should be in big, big trouble.

So yeah. Nothing on the book outside of the sample chapters is allowed until release.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend who got WoR early because her mom was a librarian... XD

Never trust a librarian.

Those evil, spoiler-loving enemies of the Free Kingdoms! *shakes fist*

*Reads-up on how to be a librarian*

Edited by skaa

Amazon accidentally released the full version for Kindle a few weeks ago. For a little while, when you clicked the "look inside" link, instead of showing an except, it just has the whole book. It was a very unfortunate lapse on Amazon's part, and one that apparently happens with alarming frequency.

Today I received my copy of Shadows of Self from Weller Book Works. I bought a signed and "personalized" book, which Brandon's answer was simply "Nothing!", not even a RAFO! 

I think I will wait until tomorrow to begin reading when I get my e-book version. This one will remain on my shelf. 

Yah, according to Peter, I gave him an "out" with my question. Thus he could avoid it and write "Nothing!". My question was "What can you tell us about the Terriswoman Worldhopper that we don't already know?"

This leads me to speculate that either he really means RAFO or that we will never see of her again so there is no new information needed. I doubt it's the latter and think he really means the former. 

I have book #1311. 

Let's wait to post full book stuff until midnight tonight Mountain time (Brandon time), which will be about eight hours from now. I'll post a "Shadows of Self reactions" topic so you know it's okay.

But you'll be able to read the book now :)

Edited by Chaos

I don't suppose anyone knows when the Kindle version is released? Nobody seemed to know the last time around, and I'm curious if the process has become more open.

/checks Kindle bookshelf

Nope.

//checks Kindle bookshelf 5 minutes later

Nope.

(repeat)

I preordered the eBook from Google Play Books yesterday and received it almost half-past midnight Philippine Time (so, a bit less than eight hours ago). Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. :P

I'm going to pay for this later in the office today when I doze off during a meeting, for sure.

*looks for some coffee*

Edited by skaa