cem

Just for clarity's sake, is the entire interlude banned from discussion, or can we discuss those parts of it made public through readings? So basically, I'm asking if we can discuss information, that we can link in post for easy verification by moderators, that discusses the same information obtained from a different source or if the information is banned from discussion regardless of the source.

To tell you the truth it is getting super hard to talk about the interlude without talking about the whole thing.  People have been erring on the the side of caution and removing any information from the interlude other than the name of the character and her class since that has been confirmed by WOB.

I would assume Steelhunt is coming to a close since tonight is Brandon's last stop on the tour.  Hopefully, we will then get a code on Facebook or Twitter and it will be available to everyone and we can really start theorizing.

And for so long I was sure that Jasnah would be in Order 5 with Learned/Giving instead of in Order 7 Wise/Careful...  I lose an imaginary point.  I don't understand why Palah's face was used in chapter headings of the Jasnah and Shallan sections of Way of Kings so much more than Battar. 

I've only seen the transcriptions, but I don't mind the Steelhunt spoilers too much, since it doesn't really seem like there's a whole lot extra there.  Mostly more stuff with Lift and that mystery prologue guy.

So have we decided to add Heralds to the list? It seems somewhat pointless to me. We don't know if they form Nahel bonds. We don't know if they take oaths like Radiants. We don't even know if they are Surgebinders. Using stormlight doesn't necessarily mean they are Surgebinding, just means they are using an Investiture.

I think that is the purpose of the spreadsheet.  The reason I had so many columns and have it sortable and filterable is so we can play with grouping and ungrouping characters seeing if there is commonality among them and begin to classify.   We may be dealing with Surgebinders and Voidbringers on this table, eventually the data should point the differences out.

Example:  Is Szeth a Windrunner for certain?  He doesn't have a Nahel bond.  Are we sure he isn't a voidbringer which is characterized possibly by not bonding a spren but capturing it?

We have the Heralds on the spreadsheet because they will potentially show the full range of abilities for each order and can help identify the orders.

I can not edit the document while at work but I will do so as soon as I get home.  We shouldn't have Dalinar in an Order yet and the only ones we can truly confirm in orders are Kaladin, Jasnah, Shallan, and Lift (says it right in the text).

Edited by karaokeang

I don't understand why Palah's face was used in chapter headings of the Jasnah and Shallan sections of Way of Kings so much more than Battar. 

It is likely because much of those chapters took place at the Palanaeum which was named after Palah.

It is likely because much of those chapters took place at the Palanaeum which was named after Palah.

Exactly my thought. 

Plus, I think a lot of the Herald faces are related to the theme of the chapter, not just who's featured. Oftentimes the two are one and the same, but not always. For instance, in all of the Palah-faced chapters, Shallan and Jasnah are researching, studying, etc. And also, despite the fact that Jasnah gets a fair bit of screentime in Way of Kings, she's never been featured as a viewpoint character in that book, she's always shown from Shallan's point of view. We'll see what the Herald heading is for her scenes in Words of Radiance.

Duuuuuuuude. Mind blown. That has to be true.

Kaladin has a lot of Vedeledev in his chapters, which is associated with healing, and by extension surgery.

Great information!. On a side note will the steelhunt stuff be open for discussion before the book comes out?  I have 0 chance of getting a code sadly (agoraphobic so even if he did come near me i'm SoL) but i'd still love to see what others think of the info.

Great information!. On a side note will the steelhunt stuff be open for discussion before the book comes out?  I have 0 chance of getting a code sadly (agoraphobic so even if he did come near me i'm SoL) but i'd still love to see what others think of the info.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The 17th Shard is currently doing a scavenger hunt for a Steelhunt code, anyone who completes it can access the Steelhunt goodies.

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/4357-next-one/

http://www.17thshard.com/hunt/

Duuuuuuuude. Mind blown. That has to be true.

Kaladin has a lot of Vedeledev in his chapters, which is associated with healing, and by extension surgery.

FWIW, Brandon did confirm outright that the Palaneum is named after Palah. (Also, it's modeled after the Atheneum.) When I asked if the old woman wandering around in the Palaneum was Palah herself, he said, "That's a very good guess." He also said that every one of the Heralds was either mentioned or shown in WoK.

• 2 months later...
  • Chaos locked this topic