cem

karaokeang and WeiryWriter suggested that we create a database for known/suspected Surgebinders here. I've compiled every name I can think of. Let me know if you'd like somebody else added to the list or have any suggestions about the formatting.

1) Windrunners

• Kaladin Confirmed - Has taken the 2nd Ideal
  • Szeth-son-son-Vallano Confirmed - Not a Radiant, does not have Nahel bond

2) Skybreakers

3) Dustbringers

4) Edgedancers

• Lift Confirmed - [sTEELHUNT]

5) Palah's Order

• Ym Suspected - Has a Nahel bond

6) Lightweavers

• Shallan Davar Confirmed - Has a Nahel bond
  • Elhokar Kholin Suspected - Seems to have attracted Cryptics

7) Elsecallers

• Jasnah Kholin Confirmed - Unknown

8) Bondsmiths

• Dalinar Kholin Suspected -

9) Stonewards

10) Ishar's Order

Google Docs Version

Edited by cem

I would sort the table by character and have different columns like:

• Name
  • Order
  • Order Confirmed (Y/N)
  • Confirmed (Y/N)
  • Shardblade (Y/N)
  • Spren (Y/N)
  • Spren Name
  • 1st Ideal (Y/N)
  • 2nd Ideal (Y/N)
  • 3rd Ideal (Y/N)
  • 4th Ideal (Y/N)
  • 5th Ideal (Y/N)
  • Surges
  • Notes

Any other suggestions?

This way we can also filter based on lots of different information.  I am at work right now and I can start building it and upload it to Google Docs as a spreadsheet later.

Edited by karaokeang

Slightly offtopic: I thought that Steelhunt-informations should not be shared at the moment? Sorry for using this thread but it caught my eye today while reading through the forums, that in some posts more or less plain informations were given. Or is that restriction gone? Again: sorry.

Slightly offtopic: I thought that Steelhunt-informations should not be shared at the moment? Sorry for using this thread but it caught my eye today while reading through the forums, that in some posts more or less plain informations were given. Or is that restriction gone? Again: sorry.

Everything in this thread so far has been revealed in reports from signings and is not exclusive to Steelhunt.

That being said, it is getting hard to fully explain theories without including Steelhunt information.

On Steelhunt: It can get a bit murky. I assure you that we are not spoiling any big parts of it, just the bare existence of a few Surgebinders. My own comment was probably the most spoilt one yet on the matter, and I don't anticipate any worse. The murkiness is compounded by Brandon publicly confirming some info which was surmised from the Lift interlude.

Lift's order affiliation doesn't become clear from Brandon's reading. But the proverbial cat is way out of the bag by now - she is an Edgedancer, this one will probably stay.

Also, who changed Dalinar to a Bondsmith? Stoneward was the last popular theory I was aware of.

@kurkistan, I think we can call him Darkness. It's as good of a name as any (not that we have any...). Though I am willing to call him Nalan :)

@karaokeang, I like the idea of a table. It will have to be an image though, no table support in the forums...

Edited by Argent

Ok here is my table on Google Drive.

WARNING STEEL HUNT SPOILERS

though tbh by now all the info here is available elsewhere on the site.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlvnJhrTVOeKdDhtRHBod05HTjk4aElLeXpIN2RFU0E&usp=sharing

enjoy. 

EDIT This is just my personal table that I keep updated. It contains basically an extended version of the Appendix to the Way of Kings, with all the Knights Radiant info gathered so far. Possible members of the orders are on the right. 

Edited by FireArcadia

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An26dy4dXmx6dGEzRnJBZHoxNFc3SzFhb3cySmN1aGc&usp=sharing

Check if this works. I've never tried to create a chart on Google Docs before.

Argent, I put Dalinar in as a Bondsmith but I could change if it's the majority opinion. I thought he was better there.

Oh, and about Darkness/Nalan, since it's pretty damnation sure he's a Herald, I didn't think he should be there. If we add him, do we add other Heralds as well? If they are Surgebinders, their orders should be obvious. And they wouldn't take the oaths of Radiants either.

Edited by cem

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An26dy4dXmx6dGEzRnJBZHoxNFc3SzFhb3cySmN1aGc&usp=sharing

Check if this works. I've never tried to create a chart on Google Docs before.

Argent, I put Dalinar in as a Bondsmith but I could change if it's the majority opinion. I thought he was better there.

Oh, and about Darkness/Nalan, since it's pretty damnation sure he's a Herald, I didn't think he should be there. If we add him, do we add other Heralds as well? If they are Surgebinders, their orders should be obvious. And they wouldn't take the oaths of Radiants either.

Cem,

Can you make it a document that is editable either by specific people, people with a password or public for now?  I would like to make a few changes formatting wise and also add notes about the different characters.  I think the notes section may end up having the most clues.

Hi guys!

I went to Cem's chart and combined all the charts and added a couple of columns and a whole bunch of notes.  Can we agree on one chart to use as the official one to update for the forum and work off that one?  If it isn't Cem's, let me know so I can download it.  I would then ask that we remove the ones that we don't go with from the thread and post the official one in the top post.

Feel free to comment and add information to the charts.  I think it will be a great way to see similarities and differences between the different surgebinders in an effort to find out more about them.  The great thing about using google docs is that we can collaborate and have discussions (using comments) within the spreadsheet.  I have started off with a few comments you may want to review and comment on.

Please note that there are several sheets; one for viewing (no editing or comments shown), one with the surgebinder listing that is editable with comments, and one with the Orders with the information we know as of now (editable and comments).

Edited by karaokeang

I'll just quote Argent here:

Be mindful of the Steelhunt content, please. A remark here and there has gone ignore, but I think this is a little too much.

Let's leave it that for now, shall we?

Yeah, all right guys. I don't want to be a killjoy, but at the current time, there is to be no discussion of the Steelhunt on the forums. I'm sorry, I understand that you want to discuss it, I do as well, but right now this is policy and I'm going to keep hiding posts that discuss it. If you can't bear that in mind, then more drastic measures will be taken. I really don't want to do that, so please be mindful of the rule and considerate for the people who don't have access to the content. Thank you very much :)

guys, could someone please take a screen shot of the table and post it on this thread(any of the tables will be fine), my computer, for whatever reason, wont let me onto Google table thingy...

big thanks to anyone that can help!

Hi guys!

I went to Cem's chart and combined all the charts and added a couple of columns and a whole bunch of notes.  Can we agree on one chart to use as the official one to update for the forum and work off that one?  If it isn't Cem's, let me know so I can download it.  I would then ask that we remove the ones that we don't go with from the thread and post the official one in the top post.

Feel free to comment and add information to the charts.  I think it will be a great way to see similarities and differences between the different surgebinders in an effort to find out more about them.  The great thing about using google docs is that we can collaborate and have discussions (using comments) within the spreadsheet.  I have started off with a few comments you may want to review and comment on.

Please note that there are several sheets; one for viewing (no editing or comments shown), one with the surgebinder listing that is editable with comments, and one with the Orders with the information we know as of now (editable and comments).

I looked and was duly impressed.  The tabs are fun.  I made a few tweaks and am happy to treat that as canon.  Per your suggestion, I will hide my post with an alternate table.  Upvotes all around!

Edit:add screenshot file

post-1651-0-72074400-1381939751_thumb.pn

Edited by hoser