Marvel's Agents of Shield

WarHawk

• 4 weeks later...

Kinda can't figure out what they're going to be able to do about Hive now. Lash had the ability to kill him, but didn't? And now he's gone, so Hive seems mostly unstoppable to me. Maybe a nuke would do the trick.

jW

I was mostly awed that he could fight Hive. And tbh I'd kinda forgotten about him so...

I'm wondering if May will be the Fallen Agent and they'll sort of go down together. There was interestingly no reaction shot of her hearing about Lash's death.

I was mostly awed that he could fight Hive. And tbh I'd kinda forgotten about him so...

I'm wondering if May will be the Fallen Agent and they'll sort of go down together. There was interestingly no reaction shot of her hearing about Lash's death.

She's been telling herself that Andrew was already dead, so Lash isn't him. His death may break something inside her finally, though. Where did you hear about a "Fallen Agent"? Edit: Oh, right, Daisy's vision. May is a good bet, or Mack may be a likely candidate actually. I'd bet they won't kill Coulson or Daisy at least, and they've already almost killed Fitzsimmons too many times for it to have the same impact.

jW

Edited by Jondesu

Hm, she did see Slingshot's necklace (or one just like it) floating next to the body. I wouldn't be at all shocked if that was deliberate misdirection though.

Yeah, that would point to Mack if so, but it could definitely be misdirection. I mean, the show is almost as tricky as Mistborn. There's always another secret.

jW

Apparently in the comics Daisy takes over as head of SHIELD for some time, so that could be interesting if the show wanted to go in that direction. But I don't think they'd kill Coulson again.

If they kill Mak, that's yet another black character who dies,. (Tripp, Garner).

If they kill Daisy I'll stop watching, and Fitzsimmons......Simmons nearly died at the beginning of season 1, they both nearly died at the end.....and if they kill both of them, the team won't have a scientist anymore.

And I don't think Yoyo and Joey have had enough screen time yet to be killed off, it wouldn't have as much impact as one of the central team, and they're really pushing the fallen agent thing.

Which leaves May or Lincoln.....most likely Lincoln.

Sorry, was half asleep. The Inhuman Royal family (Black bolt, Medusa, etc.) Given this season is all about the inhumans and setting some foundation for the movie, I could see the death in space being Lincoln, as they might tie it into the build up....or it could even be just a person dressed in a shield suit. I'm an episode behind you guys so can't say for sire

...I think I maybe saw the first three or four episodes this season...?

I mean, I have them all recorded. And they are On The List, along with Supergirl... but I'm curious. Overall, what did people think of this season?

I haven't seen the finale yet as it won't air in AU for another week, but as for the rest of the season...

I thought the first half was reasonably good. Not the best that SHIELD has ever been but still reasonably good. I felt that the second half of the season started badly, they had some decent ideas but it just didn't come together. Too much plot convenience and obvious "twists" for me and in general I don't think the script was very good. Fortunately it improved as time went on and I was properly enjoying it again by the final few episodes.

• 3 weeks later...

Can we discuss finale?

I'm in denial.

But I'm also really excited about this new Daisy. I was wondering how long it would take her to figure out flight.

I'm not really sure what happened with Daisy. We got a "6 months later" jump and suddenly Coulson is hunting Daisy. What? How did that happen and why?

I didn't care that much who was going to die, I won't really miss Lincoln. I will miss Brett Dalton however! I really liked him as an actor, despite not being too fond of Hydra-Ward  or Hive. There was something about him that I enjoyed watching.

The climax with Hive and Lincoln floating in the Quinjet was perfect. Hive, accepting his defeat, having a calm conversation with Lincoln. So peaceful, making me almost feel sympathy for Hive. 

I didn't care that much who was going to die, I won't really miss Lincoln. I will miss Brett Dalton however! I really liked him as an actor, despite not being too fond of Hydra-Ward  or Hive. There was something about him that I enjoyed watching.

I also liked watching Brett Dalton.  On a side note, after watching him play Hive, I just kept imagining him as the voice for 'God' or Ruin in Zane's head.  'Kill Him' in the same quiet voice he used for Hive? Perfect.

The climax with Hive and Lincoln floating in the Quinjet was perfect. Hive, accepting his defeat, having a calm conversation with Lincoln. So peaceful, making me almost feel sympathy for Hive. 

Same.  Such a great scene.  I never really like Lincoln as a character, but I still ended up feeling for him at the end of this scene.

I feel like the new Director could be Tony Stark. Not Iron Man, just Tony.  This is Pre my watching of Civil War, so my opinion might change after that.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to watching the season 3 finale.

It was amazing, but Lincoln's death broke my heart. I really liked him, and I was completely bawling during the last few minutes of the episode.

Brett Dalton is an amazing actor, and I'm sad that we won't be seeing him again. I thought he made a fantastic badchull villain as Hive with that long black trench-coat and his unflappable demeanor.