Marvel's Agents of Shield

WarHawk

• 4 months later...

Im really excited to see where the eyeless guy/Skye plot line is going to go.

And I love that they keep throwing in references to Coulsons cooking hobby. :)

Ikr!! He's become kinda Jedi Mastery since Skye's mom went to his room in the 80's. Idk if he was in the comics or if he's a show only character.

Simmons' sandwhich recipe.

I'm seriously curious if Fitz knows how to make that sandwhich himself.

Yes, but he would either overengineer it or have his drones do it for him.

I've got to say though, I am excited about Gemma infiltrating the "Real Shield" and using some weird science to pass a message to Fitz because she knows he is the only other person around who can decode it. Those two have been at each other's throats for way too long...

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the most recent episode (The Dirty Half-Dozen) and really, really enjoyed it. I like Ward so much more as a bad guy than I ever did as a member of the team. Plus I thought the action sequence that was all one shot was probably the single best fight scene of the whole series so far.

Plus I thought the action sequence that was all one shot was probably the single best fight scene of the whole series so far.

Oh, yeah, definitely. I was seriously surprised to see something that good on a TV show. That would even have impressed me if it were in a movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, did I. Let's see.

• Cal. I was really happy with how he turned out to be. I've been anti-Cal for a very long time, but they sold me on his... redemption, if you will, arc. 
  • Coulson. I didn't think would kill him, so I wasn't too worried when he got infested by the mists. I thought for a moment they would turn him into an Inhuman, but that thought didn't have enough time to develop because he got axed pretty quickly. I approve, main characters don't usually get... hampered like this on TV. Skye turning into an Inhuman was a big change, but it was ultimately a development; Coulson losing an arm probably won't affect him that much, he doesn't go into the field that often, but it's still a bold move. 
  • Skye. Not much to talk about her, I don't think. I love watching people with superpowers, so her planting her feet firmly in SHIELD hopefully means we'll get more of Quake in future seasons.
  • Melinda... I am glad about the direction she is going. It was fun watching her kicking her way through her problems, but it always bothered me that she was, or at least behaved like, emotionally crippled. Plus, her husband is a pretty rad psychologist - psychiatrist? - and I would like to see him again in the future.
  • Ward resurrecting Hydra... This could have implications for future movies too. And after two seasons, he is still a mystery to me.

But most important of all - SIMMONS! FITZ! Comeee ooon! I've been shipping them so hard, it's a wonder they didn't just hitch a ride away from that troublesome situation they found themselves in in the end of the first season. If I have to be objective, Gemma's came out a little strongly, I didn't feel that her feelings were quite there yet. Still, I take it. Or I would've if they hadn't done I don't even know what to her! I don't really believe she is gone, not forever, but I don't know how, when, and in what shape she'll come back...

I refuse to believe Simmons is dead. That was too sudden and shocking to be real.

Also, so you guys remember the episode in season 1 with the gravitonium? There was a split second shot at the end of that episode that showed the dr's hand reaching out from within it. I wonder if this means we're going to be seeing more of him.

Coulsons arm actually had me for a second.

And oh my goodness I love Bobbi, and I love Coulson for not giving up on Cal when he has absolutely every right to.

I'm just not sure, do we think Cal knew that he was going to go through TAHITI?

Edited by Delightful

The finale was pretty amazing overall, but I disliked the Bobbi kidnapping after the torture scenes. It was just too predictable for me (darn you Sanderson!). As far as everything else goes, I was pretty happy even though my favorite surviving character (Reynaaaa :() is dead. I thought the development and conclusion of Mack's arc was very well done.

Just marathoned both seasons. First half of season one, not so good but nowhere near bad either. Then I couldn't stop watching it :D :D Overall quality of the show is astounding. Are they even making any profit out of it? It just looks too good to be a 22 episode show and it's not that popular or well liked(7.5 rating on imdb was one of the reasons I didn't watch it sooner).

Looks aside, stories are so well put together and good compared to other 22 episode shows I've seen(especially comic book based ones) it's unbelievable. At last someone doing more story in 22 episode seasons instead of just stretching out a story that should be done in 12 episodes and filling it with fillers. And it fits so nicely with MCU!

Characters were one of the other reasons I wasn't interested in AoS at first, but they've come so far after season one. OMG! I CAN'T EVEN!! :D :D I want season 3 RIGHT NOW! and season 4 and season 5 and and and...

Edited by Cracknut

• 4 months later...

Season 3 minor spoilers

Agreed. Bus v2 is great. I was kinda hoping we'd find out more about Coulson's hand though, and I'm looking forward to finding out more about where Jemma got to. I did like how Phil is the only one having problems remembering to call Skye Daisy, and Fitz's descent into black marketeering.

Who else guessed what the parchment said?

Edited by Bort

Season 3 minor spoilers

Agreed. Bus v2 is great. I was kinda hoping we'd find out more about Coulson's hand though, and I'm looking forward to finding out more about where Jemma got to. I did like how Phil is the only one having problems remembering to call Skye Daisy, and Fitz's descent into black marketeering.

Who else guessed what the parchment said?

Such a good starting episode, the only con for me was it ended way too soon :P

my guess is Gemma is located either on the world Blackbolt and co are (possibly a prison world perhaps) or on a Kree world. Yeah, I guess it would probably say that or something like Doom