QUESTIONS

Hoid Is Dead

So I just finished the book and returned it to my friend. I have no other means to reread it again coz' I don't have it anymore. Anywaaay, did Obliteration die? And if so, how the hell did he die? He became a porcelain right? How? What is his weakness? WHAT? WHY? HOW? I'm totally confused right now. :(

I read that scene as Obliteration leaving in gratitude for David having told him, however vaguely, that things might not be as bad as he thought--that his "visions" could just be nightmares and his evil inclinations could be caused by something entirely outside his control.

Of course, Obliteration is so mysterious that he could have just been happy because David reminded him that his favorite taco bar was still open....somehow. :P

Right before he leaves he quotes (partially) from Genesis 31:11 "And the angel of God spake unto me in a dream, saying, Jacob: and I said, Here am I."  In verse 13 God replies "I am the God of Beth-el, where thou anointedst the pillar, and where thow vowedst a vow unto me: now arise, get thee out from this land, and return to the land of thy kindred."  Maybe he went back to his hometown/birth place?  

;) Most of the time in the book he just takes scriptures out of context and fits them to the situation.. so I don't really think this is the case but I thought it was a funny correlation.   I have wondered if the scriptures he uses give any clues to anything though.. but I doubt it.  

PS: Does it ever mention Obliterations name? That would be funny if it was Jacob.

Edited by schlim1

• Chaos locked this topic