Questions for Seattle Signing 10/14

hoser

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone else notice the

Hoser: did Tanavast survive Honor’s splintering?

A: Tanavast is dead.  Good question.  However, that is as of the start of the WoK (i.e., not including the prelude at least).

Hoser: So he could have survived the splintering…

A: He could have survived the splintering.

Hoser: …as a mortal…

A: Well, he could have survived for a time, but then he could not have then…right.

Hoser: …passed away in his sleep…

A: Right. (Indicating that Tanavast would not have passed away from old age)

I think this implies he would be immortal (as in, not aging). Does something about Hoid make this ring a bell? Hoid has lived far longer than he should be able to.

I'm fairly sure that the implication was simply that Tanavast was not going to die a natural death after his Splintering: it would kill him one way or another, but just not immediately. Hoser asked if he'd survive as a mortal, and then Brandon started indicating that he still wouldn't last very long.

Edited by Kurkistan

I'm fairly sure that the implication was simply that Tanavast was not going to die a natural death after his Splintering: it would kill him one way or another, but just not immediately. Hoser asked if he survive as a mortal, and then Brandon started indicating that he still wouldn't last very long.

That is precisely the impression I got from brandon's words, inflection, and tone of voice.