Mistings

Zayde

if a person is caught bettween a bendalloy time bubble and a cadium time bubble like half in one bubble half in the other. could this potentialy cause the victum a heart attack? having the blood flow and the heart rate change from diffrent sides of the body may cause somthing?

No, one would assume that they would equal out. The blood flow would move fast to one side, then slow to the other, and the heart would then pump at the same beat. The neuro-transmitters would be slower, but they travel at the speed of light (3x10^8m/s) anyway. The heart attack occurs when the heart either stops beating or cannot beat (due to a blockage, etc.).

Given the way the bubbles work, not really. A lot of the expected side effects similar to this simply don't happen (blue/red shift being the big set). It's unlikely to do anything physiological. However, you might exhibit psychosomatic symptoms.

I think tin would be more interesting for that purpose, enhanced sense of touch and all.....true pewter might help you last longer, but tin would make it better while it lasts.

NICE !!!

But tin would increase all the senses not only sense of touch... Maybe you wouldn't want to use tin... :) I've noticed that there are ladies who do not like the smell of sweat. And the lasting experience will definitely make you sweat.

In order not to deviate the topic, I have put my response in spoiler tags.

The new anti-pleasure-rape tool: Cadmium. On a better note, Steelpushing helps deal with magpie pedophiles. Also: what even prompted you to think of a burly Thug using his Allomantic abilities to woo the populace at large in that way?

NICE !!!

Not really...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is a tough one............. i'd just like to be a mistborn, frankly. or a feruchemist.

or both. ;)

but if i had to choose one metal to burn... it'd have to be steel. i walk about a kilometre to uni every morning and more than once i've fantasized about just being able to Push my way there on cars or something.

that said, that might not be the smartest thing to do without the ability to fill ironminds. i'm probably heavy enough to dent car bonnets a little bit. ;P

if not steel, though, definitely bendalloy!

Well, if we're just talking about waking up one day knowing that we're some sort of misting, I would prefer it to be something that's not incredibly obvious (like steel or iron). And preferably useful (so bronze and copper would be out). I would think that between zinc and brass, zinc would allow you more control over someone's emotions, especially in an unsuspecting world, where people wouldn't know that those emotions aren't really theirs. If you're contemplating whether it's ethical or not, you may as well either go all in or stay away. Both pewter and tin would intrigue me, and there's definitely times when both would be handy.

Of the higher metals that we've seen, I would think that Cadmium and Bendalloy (which appears to be a form of Wood's metal) would still be hard to obtain, and would be fairly noticeable in today's world as well, and not quite as useful as the base metals. Gold is just sounds depressing, although Electrum might be interesting, but not very useful. Atium and Malatium aren't available in our world, so there would be no point in finding them.

So if I just woke up one day as a misting, I would want to either be zinc, pewter, or tin. I'd probably go for zinc.

I would also like to contribute to the lurcher/coinshot debate. Because of the way you use the metals, the coinshot would actually be far more useful. If a building is tall enough for you to pull on it, then there should be some metal lower down on that building that you can push on. And if you're going swinging through city streets, then pushing from side to side is just as good as pulling your way. If you're worried about falling, then you should place coins on your clothing that you can push on without having to get them out, like Wax did with his steel button. It may look odd, but it's even weirder to be seen flying through the streets.

Also, someone mentioned falling out of an airplane. Although there would be some parts made from steel or other metals, an airplane's skin is usually made of aluminum. Most coinshots seem to be able to instinctively use their power with practice, so even a novice coinshot shouldn't be in too much trouble even falling from great heights. Unless it's over deep water... :P

I would think that between zinc and brass, zinc would allow you more control over someone's emotions, especially in an unsuspecting world, where people wouldn't know that those emotions aren't really theirs. If you're contemplating whether it's ethical or not, you may as well either go all in or stay away.

The emotions must already be present to be rioted, so I'm with Breeze on this one. Hardly any difference between a rousing speech and a rioting.

If you're worried about falling, then you should place coins on your clothing that you can push on without having to get them out, like Wax did with his steel button. It may look odd, but it's even weirder to be seen flying through the streets.

Hmm... Thumbtacks in the soles of your shoes, a bit of loose costume jewelry with just a bit of metal, or metal bobby pins would be just as useful and more unobtrusive. It's a good line of thought.

The emotions must already be present to be rioted, so I'm with Breeze on this one. Hardly any difference between a rousing speech and a rioting.

Ah, I had forgotten about this. Of course, I think that it would still be pretty easy to plant a small seed of that emotion in conversation, and then riot it into a primary concern. Of course, it's not mind control, so you can't instantly turn love into hate, but you would probably be able to turn the neutral opinion of a person into one of those extremes. For example, mention to another person that a guy did some minor thing to tick you off. Riot sympathy and indignation. Keep talking, and follow that up with disgust, and then anger.

Ah, I had forgotten about this. Of course, I think that it would still be pretty easy to plant a small seed of that emotion in conversation, and then riot it into a primary concern. Of course, it's not mind control, so you can't instantly turn love into hate, but you would probably be able to turn the neutral opinion of a person into one of those extremes. For example, mention to another person that a guy did some minor thing to tick you off. Riot sympathy and indignation. Keep talking, and follow that up with disgust, and then anger.

this is evil.

i like it. ;D

1st choice: Either Zinc or Brass. I mean, honestly, is there anything better than pissing a guy off, soothing away anger, frustration, etc, or rioting the sympathy of bystanders to escape unscathed?

Bendalloy and Cadmium, though pretty cool, don't have many practical applications, as Bendalloy is super expensive and burns quickly, and Cadmium, though it burns slowly, doesn't really help you.

2nd. Choice: Pewter and Tin I like because being super quick and strong or being able to eavesdrop on a whispered conversation 3 rooms down is awesome (did I ever mention I was nosy?).

I'd much rather be a Feruchemist though, Wakefulness for an all-night study session, then Mental speed to finish the exam quickly and without second guessing yourself, as you don't go slow enough thoughtwise to change ideas.

I'd much rather be a Feruchemist though, Wakefulness for an all-night study session, then Mental speed to finish the exam quickly and without second guessing yourself, as you don't go slow enough thoughtwise to change ideas.

I would also much rather be a Feruchemist than a Misting, or even a full Mistborn. But there's another topic for that.

Perhaps because you're a random, underdeveloped RP villain who needs to freeze an entire city in time in order to give the heroes someone to rescue. Or perhaps you're experimenting with Allomancy and want to see how living for extended periods in a "time bubble" affects the people inside. Or perhaps you're just plain bored.

Heh heh. With my bubble I will Stop. The world. With my bubble I will find the time to find the words to... tell you how.. how you make... make me feel....

Edit: Crap. I just noticed that jokes been done in this thread.

Edited by valkynphyre

• 1 month later...

1st choice: Brass

I'm a pretty diplomatic guy. I like resolving conflicts. It would be amazing to be able to soothe away people's anger, hatred or frustration. It would make it so much easier when you're trying to solve problems between friends or people you work with. Think about the wonders it'd make for getting people to talk to each other.

I would also use it to help people overcome anxiety or nervousness. Think about a friend going up to speak in front of lots of people for the first time. Just soothe away some of the stage fright. Or do the same to someone who's terrified during a meeting.

Of course, you could use it for much more personal gain, too ... push away doubt when you're proposing an idea to make people like it would be amazing, for instance. If somebody else is presenting an idea that you dislike, you could dampen everybody else's positive impressions.

I would just totally love that. And I know I'd abuse it for such things. I'm such a terribly public speaker, I can make a good, reasonable argument, but I'm terrible at actually inspiring people with speeches. And people generally respond better to emotive arguments than reasonable ones. It would really even the playing field ...

2nd Choice: Zinc

For the same reasons as Brass, really. It would be a bit trickier to be diplomatic with it, but I think you could make it work.

3rd Choice: Pewter

For pure personal safety. Knowing that I could defend myself, and having the ability to heal quicker, would be really sweet.

• Chaos locked this topic